• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Coming from a photography background, I can say that OIS is used in both photography and video. Before cameras included OIS in the camera body, OIS was a premium lens features.

It's used for both, I don't see why it's turned into such a big discussion.

On topic: my order shipped and should arrive on Friday!

I can't find anywhere else to complain about this, so here goes:

Is anyone else posed by the fact that if you try to open a link on the Facebook app, it redirects you to the app store no matter what, forcing you to download to view the content (Guardian/Soundcloud/Youtube/Whatever)?

I don't know if it's Apple's fault or Facebook's, but it sucks. You used to be able to select "Open in Safari" anyway, but they removed that too. I don't want to download your shitty app, I just want to go to your website.

Übermatik;179764043 said:

Is anyone else posed by the fact that if you try to open a link on the Facebook app, it redirects you to the app store no matter what, forcing you to download to view the content (Guardian/Soundcloud/Youtube/Whatever)?

I don't know if it's Apple's fault or Facebook's, but it sucks. You used to be able to select "Open in Safari" anyway, but they removed that too. I don't want to download your shitty app, I just want to go to your website.

I don't have this issue at all.

Coming from a photography background, I can say that OIS is used in both photography and video. Before cameras included OIS in the camera body, OIS was a premium lens features.

It's used for both, I don't see why it's turned into such a big discussion.

On topic: my order shipped and should arrive on Friday!

It's not that people don't know that OIS can be used in both still photography and videography, it's that on the original 6 Plus model they included OIS but it only worked for still photos, not videos. On this 6s Plus it now works for both still and videos.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Übermatik;179764043 said:

I deleted the youtube app so safari wouldn't send me to the app (and ask everytime before doing so). Very annoying.

I deleted the youtube app so safari wouldn't send me to the app (and ask everytime before doing so). Very annoying.

Nonono, that's not the issue. The issue is that when I click on a link that someone has shared, if there's a corresponding app, Facebook will automatically show me the app store (rises up from bottom) and that app. I can't choose otherwise, and can't open in Safari, nothing.

Scarphace

T-Mobile order status changed

Item: Apple iPhone 6s Plus - Space Gray - 64GB
Status: Order has been packed for shipping. Expected to ship on 09/24/2015

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Tmobile Executive Response finally got back to me after my complaining email.

After the turmoil I ended up getting 2 16gb 6s+ since they went back and forth on whether or not the 64gb was actually a free upgrade. The 16gb phones are set to get here Friday.

But the Executive rep is sending out two 64gb phones to replace them and i just have to return the 16gb phones when they arrive in a few weeks.

So yay, after a horrific experience dealing with the normal customer service agents, the Executive rep comes through and I get my free upgrade to a 64gb phone.

It will end up being $532 plus tax for a 64gb 6s+, not too shabby.

giga

After the turmoil I ended up getting 2 16gb 6s+ since they went back and forth on whether or not the 64gb was actually a free upgrade. The 16gb phones are set to get here Friday.

But the Executive rep is sending out two 64gb phones to replace them and i just have to return the 16gb phones when they arrive in a few weeks.

So yay, after a horrific experience dealing with the normal customer service agents, the Executive rep comes through and I get my free upgrade to a 64gb phone.

Hopefully he accidentally sends you a 64gb iPhone 6, rather than a 6s, so the experience never ends.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hopefully he accidentally sends you a 64gb iPhone 6, rather than a 6s, so the experience never ends.

Hah. At least I have a single guy I can call to bitch at instead of starting fresh with a new person every time that has different opinions on things.

kIdMuScLe

So for some reason T-Mobile is really having problems with my account! They can't even place a preorder for me! I'm wondering if they are going to give me even more credit lol and to find out that I'm only going to end up paying $8 a month for the 64GB plus size is fucking great lol

kIdMuScLe

What was your specific issue? Is it like me which their system prevented them from placing on order on your account? They opened a ticket to get it resolved but was told not to expect a phone until November though :-( which I told them that's not fair since I have been trying to place a preorder since the first day

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What was your specific issue? Is it like me which their system prevented them from placing on order on your account? They opened a ticket to get it resolved but was told not to expect a phone until November though :-( which I told them that's not fair since I have been trying to place a preorder since the first day

Shoulda contacted the executive team. I had an issue with my wife's line that prevented orders. Ended up with a 64gb rose gold and the execs bumped it to the front of the line even though expected was novemeber. I now have a tracking number and it will be here on Friday.

MRSA

Banned
So any word on whether or not T-Mobile will honor the new JoD promo if you preordered this past weekend? I didn't trade in a phone.

Aurizen

I'd love to pay $532 for a 6s+ I don't want to do jod I just want to pay it off.

My Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB finally shipped from AT&T. It was a nice surprise considering that I ordered on the 15th and not the 12th. :O

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Yes that is what my issue evolved into. It started out just being the wrong phones being ordered or the wrong EIPs being sent, or being jerked around about the free 64gb upgrade.

After awhile they were able to get one of my phones ordered but the other one refused to go through so they had to send me to some other department that also sucked. They kept my place in line throughout though.

If you have an issue, email the executive response team. They get shit done even though it took them forever to get back to me.

Aurizen

No reason not to JoD. It's free and allows you to take advantage of time value of money.

well true but I'd really like to just pay off the phone without dealing with monthly payments and I'm on a family plan not paying the bill. So I'd like to pay my phone off in one swoop if T-Mobile has a web deal since ordering online would be easier for me.

Nasser

Hey guys, apple has been 'preparing my shipment' since Saturday and its not sipped yet according to their website! Anyone else?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The Plus size is simply too big to manage if you're a single handed phone user. That's why I went with the 6S instead of the plus. For people who don't care about working around the limitations of a two-handed phone, great. But for me? That was a deal breaker, and originally I thought I was going to get the Plus.

Playing around with it in the store made me realize that I value having a device that can be adequately navigated with a single hand.

Perhaps if Apple makes the 7 Plus slightly smaller and with a MUCH smaller bezel, to the point where it can be operated with a single hand, I will consider it. But the way it's currently implemented makes it seem so out of place for an Apple design that usually prides itself on simplicity and elegance, and the Plus is anything but.

x5pence

Neo Member
The Plus size is simply too big to manage if you're a single handed phone user. That's why I went with the 6S instead of the plus. For people who don't care about working around the limitations of a two-handed phone, great. But for me? That was a deal breaker, and originally I thought I was going to get the Plus.

Playing around with it in the store made me realize that I value having a device that can be adequately navigated with a single hand.

Perhaps if Apple makes the 7 Plus slightly smaller and with a MUCH smaller bezel, to the point where it can be operated with a single hand, I will consider it. But the way it's currently implemented makes it seem so out of place for an Apple design that usually prides itself on simplicity and elegance, and the Plus is anything but.

Did you try the double tap function? It brings the top half of the screen down to the bottom half when you double tap the home button (tap not press). It's supposed to help you reach everything with one hand. Worked very well for me when I tried it on my friend's 6+ and that convinced me to go with the 6s+. She didn't even know it was a thing.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Did you try the double tap function? It brings the top half of the screen down to the bottom half when you double tap the home button (tap not press). It's supposed to help you reach everything with one hand. Worked very well for me when I tried it on my friend's 6+ and that convinced me to go with the 6s+. She didn't even know it was a thing.

Tried double tapping, but it's basically an unnecessary step and workaround for a poor design....which is usually against the Apple philosophy.

I found that typing was impossible one handed as well, or at least extremely uncomfortable, and I felt like I was going to constantly drop it because the grip was akward.

A larger sized phone could work (I have big hands), but the Plus design is just poor in how it's currently implemented.

Vyer

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/iphone-6s-offer.htm

T-Mobile offering $5/mo iPhone 6s upgrades with old model trade-ins.

I wasn't going to upgrade from the 6 to the 6s but now I'm seriously considering it.

So I'm looking at this along with the total cost and payoff amount cost (if you want to do that) at the end. I would have a 5S 32gb to trade/sell:

Mm1FjrI.jpg

the 5S goes for about 300 on ebay right now. Looks to me like getting on JOD for a 64gb 6S and just selling the phone myself would be the best bet. Total cost of the phone is like $444, not even counting what I get for my 5S to go toward it, which all sounds pretty freakin great. I'd also be using their 'pay your cost to switch' out of what's left of my AT&T NEXT plan.

am I reading that right or am i missing something?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I'm looking at this along with the total cost and payoff amount cost (if you want to do that) at the end. I would have a 5S 32gb to trade/sell:

the 5S goes for about 300 on ebay right now. Looks to me like getting on JOD for a 64gb 6S and just selling the phone myself would be the best bet. Total cost of the phone is like $444, not even counting what I get for my 5S to go toward it, which all sounds pretty freakin great. I'd also be using their 'pay your cost to switch' out of what's left of my AT&T NEXT plan.

am I reading that right or am i missing something?

It is only $444 if you trade in your 5s to them.

Red

Hey guys, apple has been 'preparing my shipment' since Saturday and its not sipped yet according to their website! Anyone else?
I was on the phone with support tonight. Was told the website is being very slow to update because of the sheer volume of orders. I don't know if I buy that.
Man, this is making me feel good about getting the Plus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDq1QN1oLSw

No sure if anyone has shared this yet but they did a bend test comparing the new 7000 aluminum in the 6s to the 6000 in the 6. Results are pretty cool!

http://youtu.be/ChUsy8gWwvo
These are going to be great phones, me boys.

Top Bottom