• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

ZeroX03

Banned
That's funny because i was going to say the opposite. Comfort should be the #1 priority because your phone is with you at all times, so you need something that is not inconvenient for you to hold or put in your pocket. You can always carry a battery in your backpack/purse/whatever to plug it into.

Having to carry around a backpack to hold a portable charger seems a lot more inconvenient for me than a larger phone.

Juice

That's funny because i was going to say the opposite. Comfort should be the #1 priority because your phone is with you at all times, so you need something that is not inconvenient for you to hold or put in your pocket. You can always carry a battery in your backpack/purse/whatever to plug it into.

Sure. And then that battery requires me to carry a backpack/purse/whatever, which is a lot less comfortable than the nothing I prefer to carry.

Finally got my shipping confirmation, and even though the ups trick didn't work for me they're the carrier it shipped with.

Also whoever posted that sena pouch earlier damn you! Got me thinking about grabbing one even though I don't like cases and whatnot...

Juice

How on earth can you get through the entire battery in one day? Unless you're spending the entire day on Netflix or something.

Are you kidding me? Basic (if constant usage) is plenty to kill an iPhone. It's only rated for five hours of usage and mine is regularly dead by 3pm each day when I don't charge it.

This has been true of every single iPhone model going back to the Edge

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Are you kidding me? Basic (if constant usage) is plenty to kill an iPhone. It's only rated for five hours of usage and mine is regularly dead by 3pm each day when I don't charge it.

Damn, don't know what you're doing. I have always gotten a full day with my iPhones.

Juice

Damn, don't know what you're doing. I have always gotten a full day with my iPhones.

I'm using it nearly constantly is what I'm doing.

It's 8:09 eastern and I'm at 81%. I've been in low power mode since I woke up at 6:30am.

Since then I've had to walk two miles to the station and then sit on a train while it's delayed. Mostly tweeting and gaffing.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sure. And then that battery requires me to carry a backpack/purse/whatever, which is a lot less comfortable than the nothing I prefer to carry.

For you maybe. But a lot of us are urbanites. Most of us have bags by default.

Equating rather or not a phone is or isn't too big to rather you do or do not carry a bag with you on your person, or have your car nearby to store stuff is really not the same conversation.
We all have our preferences. I guess if he's struggled for a year with a larger phone that isn't going to magically resolve itself.
It gets resolved by using the 6S instead of the 6S Plus if the Plus size is being a problem for them. For me it may not be a problem, but if there is anything that's clear it's that people are really picky about the size of their phones and some people find it an issue. So they should stop trying to force it for the bigger battery and just get something they like holding.

NYR

I think your phone is broken. Or you don't work very hard at work or school during the day....

Talon

Unless you're just watching video all day, Imma have to disagree.

Never had mine die at 3 PM. Actually, since the 5S, I haven't had a phone die before end of day except for one day when I was taking about 200 photos because we were looking at wedding venues all day.

Servbot24

Banned

Huh. Do you live in an area with bad coverage? That can drain the battery pretty fast. Mine always lasts two full days with moderate use (Safari and Facebook throughout the day, an episode or two of Netflix at night).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

It's 8:09 eastern and I'm at 81%. I've been in low power mode since I woke up at 6:30am.

Since then I've had to walk two miles to the station and then sit on a train while it's delayed. Mostly tweeting and gaffing.
Damn that sucks. Lol

got a shipped text from the Apple Store. I check the tracking and it was shipped in the 21st but their site never updated 😭

happy days, I could kiss you all

Gaaraz

Thank you S¡mon and DCS - depending on availability (I'm only in the US for a couple of weeks and am not sure how many Apple stores I can get to in that time) you've just convinced me to go with the iPhone 6S over the 6S Plus.

Currently using a Galaxy S3 (which I'm perfectly happy with) so the battery will be an upgrade from that anyway, plus the size is around the same as a regular 6S.

Dougald

Got a shipping notification with no statuses though. lol - no way this is coming tomorrow.

You're even more pessimistic than I am!

Just had my shipping confirmation SMS from DPD through now. They did tweet that a lot of the tracking info won't update until this evening.

RDreamer

Did anyone else's ATT 6s+ order ship? Mine still says in progress. I ordered 30 mins after midnight.

I got a shipping notification yesterday. The actual shipping page doesn't say anything yet, though, but they insist it's shipped.

Huh. Do you live in an area with bad coverage? That can drain the battery pretty fast. Mine always lasts two full days with moderate use (Safari and Facebook throughout the day, an episode or two of Netflix at night).

Two days? That's crazy. Just laying in bed before actually getting up in the morning can sometimes get me below 90%. If I use my phone while I'm eating breakfast in addition I can get to under 80% on some heavier days. That's before leaving the house or really doing anything important in the day.

The battery saving mode now is pretty awesome, though. I was able to really heavily use the phone and not drop by much at all when I was out last night.

Shipment notification from Apple! My 6S Plus 64GB Space Grey is on its way!

WTF. When did you order?

Did anyone else's ATT 6s+ order ship? Mine still says in progress. I ordered 30 mins after midnight.

Nothing :( I ordered at 3:20 a.m. ET.

Yep, same for me. Mine actually lasts an hour per 10% up until about 60% left, then it starts to dwindle to 30 min per 10%. At the end of the battery I get between 6 and 7 hours of usage and about 15-24 hours of standby.

I think your phone is broken. Or you don't work very hard at work or school during the day....

Never had mine die at 3 PM. Actually, since the 5S, I haven't had a phone die before end of day except for one day when I was taking about 200 photos because we were looking at wedding venues all day.

This is normal if you actually use your phone consistently. Not music or idling, but actually using it where the screen is always on and/or you're touching it with your finger. For the first couple of months owning the phone I got about 10 hours of consistent usage, but now it's down to 6 hours.

rhino4evr

Just got my ATT shipping confirmation! Phone will be here tomorrow.

6s plus Gold 16 GB

I take back all those nasty things I said ...ha ha

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What the fuck are you guys even doing to not get through the day with your phones yo?

It's easy to get through the day when you have no one to communicate.

Yea, 5S is where it started for me. One of the iOS 7 updates is what destroyed the battery.

ZeroX03

Banned
For you maybe. But a lot of us are urbanites. Most of us have bags by default.

How does being an urbanite - I live in a big city BTW - affect whether or not you need a backpack?

You've got to admit the suggestion that people bring a portable charger around with them so as to have a slightly more comfortable pocket is pretty silly. We've had enough regular 6 zealotry in the last day.

It's easy to get through the day when you have no one to communicate.

fishing for that tag quote eh?

screengate

No, that's EVERY generation by idiots that don't put a case on their phone then come crying to Apple stores when their screen inevitably cracks. And they don't have insurance. And get pissed off when it's $150 repair because "they should have a warranty."

6s plus Gold 16 GB

1535.gif

RDreamer

6s plus Gold 16 GB

Does yours actually say it'll be in tomorrow?

I got confirmation early yesterday of shipping, but the tracking number link doesn't actually say anything on fedex's side.

rhino4evr

No, that's EVERY generation by idiots that don't put a case on their phone then come crying to Apple stores when their screen inevitably cracks. And they don't have insurance. And get pissed off when it's $150 repair because "they should have a warranty."

1535.gif

Is it my fault that Apple made its most affordable model 16 GB? I download and dump to my computer every night. So why don't you mind your own business?

Rootbeer

Banned
How does being an urbanite - I live in a big city BTW - affect whether or not you need a backpack?
The point is that it is common. Students and commuters and people who have jobs commonly carry storage with them. Maybe they keep it in their car, maybe they keep it on their person in the form of a bag. A person who leaves the house at 8am and comes home at 5pm with nothing but the clothes on their back and their phone and NOTHING else is increasingly the anomoly. So with that being the situation, how is having a battery in your car or your bag an inconvenience? It's not.
You've got to admit the suggestion that people bring a portable charger around with them so as to have a slightly more comfortable pocket is pretty silly. We've had enough regular 6 zealotry in the last day.
You're not paying attention the context of what is being discussed. The person said they like the Plus's battery but don't like the size (see several posts up.) Then someone suggested:

Having a larger phone wont ruin your day, running out of juice will.

'having a larger phone won't ruin your day' Uhh, yeah it will, if it's too big for you then you're constantly struggling and fighting against it's size. it's not worth the trouble. get a battery.

Arguing that i'm a 'regular' zealot is pretty useless when you understand that I ordered a 6S Plus. Maybe I'm alone here in realizing that some people's use case scenario might be different from my own, what a revolutionary concept!

rhino4evr

Regarding the big vs small event. I prefer the small phone myself. I only got a plus because it's for my wife, who has a giant purse. I would never want to carry such a monstrosity in my pocket.

giga

Regarding the big vs small event. I prefer the small one myself. I only got a plus because it's for my wife, who has a giant purse. I would never want to carry such a monstrosity in my pocket.
"Purse" right. I guess if you're not carrying a big one in your pants, she has to compensate some other way.

Blackhead

Redarse
Is it my fault that Apple made its most affordable model 16 GB? I download and dump to my computer every night. So why don't you mind your own business?

Only poor people buy the 16GB iPhone. You don't want to be like those dirty poor Android users, do you? It's not too late to switch to TMobile and beg them to give you a 64GB — that's what everybody else is doing
/s

kIdMuScLe

Yes that is what my issue evolved into. It started out just being the wrong phones being ordered or the wrong EIPs being sent, or being jerked around about the free 64gb upgrade.

After awhile they were able to get one of my phones ordered but the other one refused to go through so they had to send me to some other department that also sucked. They kept my place in line throughout though.

If you have an issue, email the executive response team. They get shit done even though it took them forever to get back to me.

What's the email for the executive team? I'm gonna complain about my situation :-(

ZeroX03

Banned
The point is that it is common. Students and commuters and people who have jobs commonly carry storage with them. Maybe they keep it in their car, maybe they keep it on their person in the form of a bag. A person who leaves the house at 8am and comes home at 5pm with nothing but the clothes on their back and their phone and NOTHING else is increasingly the anomoly. So with that being the situation, how is having a battery in your car or your bag an inconvenience? It's not.

You can back that up with non-anecdotal evidence I assume?

Actually scratch that, I don't care. I don't think battery packs are silly but I think your suggestion in context was and I can't be bothered continuing this with every second post in this thread being some kind of argument.

rhino4evr

Only poor people buy the 16GB iPhone. You don't want to be like those dirty poor Android users, do you? It's not too crazy late to switch to TMobile and beg them to give you a 64GB — that's what everybody else is doing
/s

It's not about being poor, it's about spending money appropriately. I have a wife, kids, mortgage, etc. would a 64 gig phone been nice? Sure, but I have more important things to spend money on. I have over 2 TB of hard drive space on my Mac. It's really not hard to download shit to your computer when the phone gets full.

Wreav

Banned
It's not about being poor, it's about spending money appropriately. I have a wife, kids, mortgage, etc. would a 64 gig phone been nice? Sure, but I have more important things to spend money on. I have over 2 TB of hard drive space on my Mac. It's really not hard to download shit to your computer when the phone gets full.

I have a wife, kid, and mortgage too. That doesn't make a 64gb phone irresponsible.

ZeroX03

Banned

I'm only speaking for myself. I just wanted to reiterate I'm not poor.

Errrr... /s means sarcasm.

... I shouldn't have put the sarcasm tag in spoilers

^^

Top Bottom