• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

rhino4evr

Sorry didn't see the sarcasm post.

I still feel like I'm being attacked for no good reason. I apologize for being excited about my 16 GB phone. Next time I'll get at 128 and make sure to brag about it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I bought a 16 GB as well, and I'll never fill it up. Fight me!

Also, I haven't received any kind of email about my phone being shipped. GDI.

Nevermind, I just received confirmation. Sweet.

rhino4evr

Really does seem inexcusable that the base model isn't at least 32 gigs...but whatever. Apple being Apple.
Maybe the 7 will finally change this

Sure. And then that battery requires me to carry a backpack/purse/whatever, which is a lot less comfortable than the nothing I prefer to carry.

Something like this is really discrete:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/accessory/dc-18/
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/accessory/dc-19/

I've got one and they are amazing for trips. But If I'm going to a bar and my phone is at 10%, stick the phone and the charger in my pocket while walking there and by the time I'm at the bar, disconnect and it's 50-60% charged.

That being said, if you don't mind the size and like the bigger phone...buy it. No one should stop you. My post is just meant to bring up a couple of small battery chargers in case anyone else in the thread is having the debate (and I'm sure there are many non-microsoft made ones with the same size, I just am familiar with msft mobile products).

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Really does seem inexcusable that the base model isn't at least 32 gigs...but whatever. Apple being Apple.
Maybe the 7 will finally change this

There has to be some internal argument that a certain side is winning, and I'm curious what the dynamics are. For the entry iPhone to be 16gb and the entry iPad Pro to be 32gb is just laughable. And they're fully committed to it too, with their commitment to app thinning, stuff like that.

The iPhone 4 is twice as fast as the iPhone 6S+ because of the 7.8" display. #truefacts

Duh, check out this benchmark I found on a reputable tech site. No, I can't link you to the benchmark, but I promise it actually exists.

5OqBifX.png

gcubed

So I've been thinking about switching over to an iPhone with the 2 year leasing program but two years is a long commitment of I don't like ios. Is there a return window for the leasing program? Does the 14 day window apply?

What the hell is this real? It is probably too late to cancel my 6s+ preorder too. Apple sucks.

Yeah, if I can get at least 10 people to realize that Apple sucks and convince them that an iPad Mini will definitely work as a phone replacement, I earn enough good boy points to treat myself to some ice cream today.

Yeah, if I can get at least 10 people to realize that Apple sucks and convince them that an iPad Mini will definitely work as a phone replacement, I earn enough good boy points to treat myself to some ice cream today.

That's not even the problem here, don't buy iphones until the day we enjoy Landscape Technology TM! Those dirty Apple executives multitasking away on their 3GB rams...!

Ninja Dom

There has to be some internal argument that a certain side is winning, and I'm curious what the dynamics are. For the entry iPhone to be 16gb and the entry iPad Pro to be 32gb is just laughable. And they're fully committed to it too, with their commitment to app thinning, stuff like that.

I mentioned it a week or more. It's probably to do with the Enterprise market. People, companies and corporates that use the iPhone for purely business purposes where storage is no concern.

My work iPad is exactly that. It's primary use after emails is mapping trains with internal software. No storage required for that.

And Apple must sell vast quantities of those lower storage models. My company bought nearly 10,000 iPad Mini 2, 16GB model.

Blackhead

Redarse
I mentioned it a week or more. It's probably to do with the Enterprise market. People, companies and corporates that use the iPhone for purely business purposes where storage is no concern.

My work iPad is exactly that. It's primary use after emails is mapping trains with internal software. No storage required for that.

So what? That's poor reasoning; it's not like enterprise would say no to 32GB since Apple would be selling it at the same price. The enterprise is not the majority of Apple's business, the consumer market is, and the 16GB decision is dramatically making a difference.

bionic77

I ordered the day after pre-orders went on from AT&T (all sorts of fuckery with AT&T and my credit card). Got my wife a 6S 64 pink and a 6S+ 64 black (fuck that space grey nonsense) for myself but as of now no shipping notifications.

Still getting preparing to ship, pink first week or october and mine is the 2nd week.

This is such a tragedy that I am sure to write a book about this experience that will later be made into a movie.

MRSA

Banned
I ordered the day after pre-orders went on from AT&T (all sorts of fuckery with AT&T and my credit card). Got my wife a 6S 64 pink and a 6S+ 64 black (fuck that space grey nonsense) for myself but as of now no shipping notifications.

Still getting preparing to ship, pink first week or october and mine is the 2nd week.

This is such a tragedy that I am sure to write a book about this experience that will later be made into a movie.

Tebow will bless you tomorrow with 2 new phones friend.

As always, fuck the Pats.

riotous

Banned
For those who set up Apple reservations and were concerned they aren't showing up on apple.com, or the apple store app.. I received 6 emails this morning for my 2 reservations tomorrow lol. They really are having capacity problems.

Finally got my shipping email from Apple. On the way from Kentucky for delivery tomorrow!

Carrier/color/size?

My space gray 6S+ is now in Kentucky, as well. Looks to be A-ok.

FU.

I've already written a book, so I can help and together we'll make it a NYT best-seller (mine currently isn't).

bionic77

Tebow will bless you tomorrow with 2 new phones friend.

As always, fuck the Pats.
I have total faith in Tebow.

Not so much with AT&T...

But regardless whether or not I receive my phone tomorrow I will always do the right thing and continue to hate the Pats and pray for their downfall.

So what? That's poor reasoning; it's not like enterprise would say no to 32GB since Apple would be selling it at the same price. The enterprise is not the majority of Apple's business, the consumer market is, and the 16GB decision is dramatically making a difference.

Agree, plus, while I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion of "what kind of company Apple is", they've NEVER catered to enterprise. Like, enterprise comes to Apple, Apple would never accommodate the enterprise to the degree of basing product line capacity around them. And hell, the smaller capacity enterprise-focused devices don't even have to be consumer facing.

What I'm saying really, as has been discussed ad nauseum, is that I'm just surprised they're willing to risk bad customer experience in the name of driving up the ASP to the 64gb models.

twotonambush

Neo Member
Just got confirmation email from AT&T that my 64GB SG 6S+ is on track for delivery tomorrow. It's in Fort Worth, TX now and coming to New York.

I ordered it just before 3am Eastern on night of release via AT&T site.

bionic77

I've already written a book, so I can help and together we'll make it a NYT best-seller (mine currently isn't).
Tim Cook should be in jail.

He is supposed to be some kind of supply chain wizard and yet good people like myself and a guy who is known as Chalupa Batman are suffering greatly for his failures.

When will Obama say enough is enough and have the government step in to arrest this monster?

KHarvey16

Currently Apple sells a ton of the 16GB models and has the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the business. From their perspective, why would they change it if it reduces their margin?

Currently Apple sells a ton of the 16GB models and has the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the business. From their perspective, why would they change it if it reduces their margin?

I should have mentioned that but yep, you're absolutely right. They've got no incentive to change, so maybe this is just an issue we "enthusiasts" are concerned with?

I have to wonder if trying to record 4K video on a 16gb phone will bite them in the ass though.

bionic77

It is a shitty product and too expensive for what it offers.

It will also eventually hurt the positive goodwill they have with a lot of their customers when they run out of space in the first day of owning their phones.

ZeroX03

Banned
I should have mentioned that but yep, you're absolutely right. They've got no incentive to change, so maybe this is just an issue we "enthusiasts" are concerned with?

I have to wonder if trying to record 4K video on a 16gb phone will bite them in the ass though.

4K is an option in settings you need to turn on. I doubt many people will go for hunting for it while being unaware of system storage limitations.

Newline

Is someone here seriously buying the 16 model? Dude you are going to have one hell of a bad phone experience. I barely just managed on a 32GB samsung note 3 and that device used close to 6gb for the operating system.

2 AM PST the night preorders went up

Just got confirmation email from AT&T that my 64GB SG 6S+ is on track for delivery tomorrow. It's in Fort Worth, TX now and coming to New York.

I ordered it just before 3am Eastern on night of release via AT&T site.

AT&T, Space Gray, 64 GB (non plus).

Okay so it looks like AT&T Rose Gold + really is backordered. I ordered at the same time as Fjordson and well before Zeyph, so f me!

Tim Cook should be in jail.

He is supposed to be some kind of supply chain wizard and yet good people like myself and a guy who is known as Chalupa Batman are suffering greatly for his failures.

When will Obama say enough is enough and have the government step in to arrest this monster?

Seriously, I can't believe that the largest carrier has no stock available on release day for the best version of the phone in the newest color. This is not the first time they've introduced a new color, they should have experience in supply chain management by now!

I don't want to bother Obama right now, he's busy with the pope.

Quite a day, my bank declined the iphone purchase. I call and verify it's not fraudulent; I then call t-mobile to have them reprocess the payment, their system for updating/processing card information is down. No eta when they will be able to reprocess the payment. Lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
From my experience dealing with retailers over the past few days - believe me, I've spent hours - the 64GB 6 Plus is the most brutally back ordered. Especially space grey.

Owari

From my experience dealing with retailers over the past few days - believe me, I've spent hours - the 64GB 6 Plus is the most brutally back ordered. Especially space grey.
Yet the black face phone is exclusive to one back color. Ridiculous:(

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Is it my fault that Apple made its most affordable model 16 GB? I download and dump to my computer every night. So why don't you mind your own business?

I'm sorry man. I feel your pain but he (and Ars Technica) are absolutely right. the 16GB model exists SOLELY for Apple to mislead people as to the real price of it's real entry level iPhone, the 64GB model.

With the sharp increase in resolution and asset sizes which makes Apps bigger, the steep increase in the number of useful Apps people carry around (insurance, airlines, banks, school, work, stores. etc.), 16GB is nowhere near enough. I won't even mention 4K video because that's the least of it...

You should return it ASAP and get one with 64GB. This is a typical situation of penny-wise, pound-foolish.

I don't mean to judge you but it just hurts my heart to hear you say 16GB. You're my brother Gaffer and it is my duty to speak painful truths to you.

Top Bottom