• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Vyer

Swung by TMobile and they had absolutely no idea about the new promotion.

Not a lot of confidence they'll have shit together if I try to go by tomorrow like I've done with AT&T in the past.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Apple is intentionally discouraging people from waiting outside stores for product launches.

Interesting. Now I understand why the Apple store associate told me yesterday that they would not have any stock for walk-in sales on launch day and that I need go online and reserve one starting on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure the no walk-in stock is a straight up lie, though.

WAIT WHAT

My estimated delivery date jumped from late October to tomorrow??

2e1KlLe.png

:O

Excuse the stupidity, but I've never preordered/purchased an iPhone outside of an AT&T store before.

I ordered my 6s through AT&T's online store. Is it shipping to my address or my closest AT&T store? If it ships to my apt, would it already be activated, or do I have to take it to the store for that? And transferring all of my data and media from one phone to the other, do I need to do that in-store, or does my iTunes backup on my computer handle that?

Again, apologies for the stupid questions.

Shun

Yassss 64GB and 128GB Rose Gold 6S+ models coming my way tomorrow. But from Philly... Here's hoping that they hurry up so the Pope don't push me back...

Please get to Oakland/Berkley on time...

keSgKbf.png

Kibbles

For what carrier? I used my old 5 SIM in my 6 and was still charged on AT&T. If it's a new thing, that's great, but I doubt it. Does using a new SIM have advantages?
Ah I have AT&T too, I might as well just use the new SIM then. I don't think there is any advantage.

Aurizen

Yes! Welcome :) good decision.

Did you end up ordering for in-store pickup or delivery?

Ah, just read what you said. The Pope's in town huh?

haha!! yeah I just did the delivery I can wait as long as it takes... I'll sell my iphone 5 on ebay... or if anyone here wants to buy it I can sell it to you with my accessories if anyone wants details can message me.

Salmonax

I can't imagine that's the case, at least here in NYC. I imagine there are people already in line in NYC.

If anything they're gradually nudging people in the direction of not doing it. I'm sure they'll have phones available for campers at flagship stores.

npa189

Excuse the stupidity, but I've never preordered/purchased an iPhone outside of an AT&T store before.

I ordered my 6s through AT&T's online store. Is it shipping to my address or my closest AT&T store? If it ships to my apt, would it already be activated, or do I have to take it to the store for that? And transferring all of my data and media from one phone to the other, do I need to do that in-store, or does my iTunes backup on my computer handle that?

Again, apologies for the stupid questions.

It will come with info on how to activate it on ATT's website, If I remember correctly you put the device IMEI number in and your service will switch over to the 6s really quick. Your itunes backup should take care of everything else.

It will come with info on how to activate it on ATT's website, If I remember correctly you put the device IMEI number in and your service will switch over to the 6s really quick. Your itunes backup should take care of everything else.

This.

That's how it works on every carrier.

RDreamer

Anyone else have Fedex as the shipping company and the tracking literally have nothing at all on the FedEx webpage? I was one of the first in the thread to get shipping confirmation, but I've got nothing since. I wanna know when to expect it :(

mandiller

I'm at the Apple Store. 20 mins before launch and there's hardly anyone here.... I was at the same store for the launch of the 6 and there were hundreds of people (close to 1000 I'd say) in a massive line snaking around the car park. There's about 50 people here. Split between the reservation line and the normal line. I know it's an S release, but still

I'm at the Apple Store. 20 mins before launch and there's hardly anyone here.... I was at the same store for the launch of the 6 and there were hundreds of people (close to 1000 I'd say) in a massive line snaking around the car park. There's about 50 people here. Split between the reservation line and the normal line. I know it's an S release, but still

Did people just order online this year?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Anyone else have Fedex as the shipping company and the tracking literally have nothing at all on the FedEx webpage? I was one of the first in the thread to get shipping confirmation, but I've got nothing since. I wanna know when to expect it :(

If it says it will arrive tomorrow it will. Don't worry about it.

Wtf why do we even do delivery lol. Maybe sales numbers will not be so great for this model?

VoxPop

:O

My shipment is literally 40 minutes from where I live. Is there a chance for a delivery today?

edit: nvm realized its already 6PM lol

Shun

Impossible! What carrier and what time did you order?

Verizon, ordered at 00:30 on 9/12 with an original date for 9/25. Had issues with both orders and was forced to reorder later. Got pushed back to October 12-21.

Decided to email the executive for Verizon on Monday and after letting them know the issue, they personally expedited my order to arrive tomorrow.

RDreamer

If it says it will arrive tomorrow it will. Don't worry about it.

On mobile it literally didn't say anything at all. It was like fedex logo and then social stuff. I just checked on my computer, though and it says stuff. Crisis averted. It will arrive tomorrow!

... which means I'll get it late Saturday since I'm out of state till then.

Still fucking excited!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just called a few T-Mobile stores near me and they all said they expect to have 128GB iPhone 6S Pluses at store opening. Last year, the universal response was that they had no idea and had been told to not expect any Plus models, so either demand is a bit down this year or they sorted some of their manufacturing issues from the last time around.

I also asked about the special deal that their CEO Tweeted about, but it seems like a rip off.

When you trade in a 6 or 6 Plus towards a 128GB 6S Plus, you still need to pay $199 up front and then $10 for 18 months, at which point you can choose to upgrade (and hand in your 6S Plus) or pay off the balance, which I was quoted at around $550. So, unless the representative didn't explain it to me correctly, it sounds like they're giving you next to nothing for your 6/6 Plus device in exchange for the right to lock yourself into an upgrade cycle for $380 a year (assuming the highest capacity) where you have to pay a substantial amount if you want to get out of it.

subrock

Anyone got ideas about how unpairing a phone with the Apple Watch will go? I'm going to be proactive and unpair before I sell, but it would certainly suck to have to call the guy back after I try to set up on my new one.

Ninja Dom

Anyone got ideas about how unpairing a phone with the Apple Watch will go? I'm going to be proactive and unpair before I sell, but it would certainly suck to have to call the guy back after I try to set up on my new one.

Are you selling the Watch or the iPhone? If you're selling the iPhone then first thing is turn off Find My IPhone and then Reset All Contents & Settings on the iPhone. This will automatically unpair the Watch. Your Watch backup will be inside your most recent iPhone backup.

Are you selling the Watch or the iPhone? If you're selling the iPhone then first thing is turn off Find My Friends and then Reset All Contents & Settings on the iPhone. This will automatically unpair the Watch. Your Watch backup will be inside your most recent iPhone backup.

Find My iPhone, not Find My Friends

Also, according to Apple Support:

When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, your iPhone automatically creates a backup of your Apple Watch. Unpairing will erase all data from your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch is unpaired while out of range of your iPhone, the backup might not have the latest data. When you're ready, you can pair your Apple Watch again and set it up from a backup.

So I would unpair the watch first to get the most recent backup, then back up the phone to either iCloud or ITunes, then turn off Find My iPhone, then wipe the phone

Namikaze

My 6S+ is waiting for me at the Apple store. Can't believe launch is tomorrow! I've never upgraded after just one year but after taking my iP6 on vacation, I really could not deal with the awful battery life. It's definitely a bit better on iOS9 but not good enough.

Shenmue

Banned
Just called a few T-Mobile stores near me and they all said they expect to have 128GB iPhone 6S Pluses at store opening. Last year, the universal response was that they had no idea and had been told to not expect any Plus models, so either demand is a bit down this year or they sorted some of their manufacturing issues from the last time around.

I also asked about the special deal that their CEO Tweeted about, but it seems like a rip off.

When you trade in a 6 or 6 Plus towards a 128GB 6S Plus, you still need to pay $199 up front and then $10 for 18 months, at which point you can choose to upgrade (and hand in your 6S Plus) or pay off the balance, which I was quoted at around $550. So, unless the representative didn't explain it to me correctly, it sounds like they're giving you next to nothing for your 6/6 Plus device in exchange for the right to lock yourself into an upgrade cycle for $380 a year (assuming the highest capacity) where you have to pay a substantial amount if you want to get out of it.

Yeah they told you the wrong thing. At the end of 18 months if you want to keep it, I believe the amount you pay (the "balance") is somewhere between $164 and $220ish.

S¡mon

Banned
My 6S+ is waiting for me at the Apple store. Can't believe launch is tomorrow! I've never upgraded after just one year but after taking my iP6 on vacation, I really could not deal with the awful battery life. It's definitely a bit better on iOS9 but not good enough.
Man, and here I am, considering going from a 6 Plus to a regular 6S, hoping that battery life won't be that bad. And than I read this! Haha.

Katori

Hooray, I had to CALL T-Mobile to get my tracking numbers. Why in the world wouldn't they email these to me??

Anyway, mine will be here tomorrow. Here's hoping the cancellation of my Verizon contract goes well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna guess he or she is in Oceania, where it's already almost 9:00 a.m.

Top Bottom