• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

VoxPop

Looks great. I like how Apple went the pink route without actually calling it pink.

Going to get my 6 repaired the day after tomorrow and maybe pick up a space grey 6S+ if they're readily available. :)

Shun

Oh my god, it looks super pink in that photo! It looked less pink in the photo the woman who got it on Monday posted. Now I'm not sure if I can keep it.

It's pink, boys.

No, it's salmon.

Lightish red?

Pale sienna

#RoseGoldGate
#PinkGate

Are we just gonna ignore that she has a Steve Jobs body pillow?

CPtK0qXUAAEUoV1.jpg:orig

Reckoner

iPhone twitter stream, I never used the 6 series so I'm not completely familiar with sizes.

tweet said 6S+, I'm upgrading from a 5s.

└ ( (´ э`) ) ┘

I've just been seeing too many photos of 6 and 6 pluses lately. I can distinguish them pretty well. :p

But yeah, that's a regular 6s. I'm sure of it.

giga

It's a good deal, but the downside is you'd have to be with Verizon

I guess that means the only carrier that doesn't have a specific iPhone upgrade plan is AT&T. I know they have the Next 12 thing, but that applies to any phone. Will be interesting to see if they sweeten the pot for iPhones

Man, Apple really got everyone on their toes when they announced their own plan
It seems to be cheaper than Apple's because there's no insurance required. I would gladly do Apple's program but I don't care to pay for AppleCare if I'm going to be upgrading every year.

It seems to be cheaper than Apple's because there's no insurance required. I would gladly do Apple's program but I don't care to pay for AppleCare if I'm going to be upgrading every year.

They're all cheaper than Apple's because they don't have insurance. I think my personal thought process is if you're going to be leasing a phone, just lease it without any ties to a carrier, which is what Apple is doing for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

On the program, the Apple Care+ just carries over to the device you upgrade to, doesn't it?

They're all cheaper than Apple's because they don't have insurance. I think my personal thought process is if you're going to be leasing a phone, just lease it without any ties to a carrier, which is what Apple is doing for me.

It's not a lease. They give you a device in exchange for your signing a 24-month interest-free monetary loan that has an option to renew for another 24 months (and get a new device in exchange for your old one that must still be in good condition) after 12 months worth of payments have been made.

Actually Apple's is cheaper than AT&T's, at least

On the program, the Apple Care+ just carries over to the device you upgrade to, doesn't it?

So in order to upgrade early with the iPhone Upgrade Program, you have to A) turn in the phone that you got first, and B) sign up for the IUP on a new device. So nothing is "transferred," you're just paying for the AppleCare+ on the new device as part of the new IUP agreement you're entering into

It's not a lease. They give you a device in exchange for your signing a 24-month interest-free monetary loan that has an option to renew for another 24 months (and get a new device in exchange for your old one that must still be in good condition) after 12 months worth of payments have been made.

Yes, poor wording on my part. AT&T, Apple, and Verizon have device payments, Sprint and T-Mobile have options both for device payments and for leases

However, my broader point still stands. Down with carrier contracts, I want to be freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Actually Apple's is cheaper than AT&T's, at least

So in order to upgrade early with the iPhone Upgrade Program, you have to A) turn in the phone that you got first, and B) sign up for the IUP on a new device. So nothing is "transferred," you're just paying for the AppleCare+ on the new device as part of the new IUP agreement you're entering into

I always assumed that Apple Care was attached to a specific device. I know you're paying for the device + Apple Care spread out over 12 months, but wasn't sure exactly what happened when you chose to upgrade.

I always assumed that Apple Care was attached to a specific device. I know you're paying for the device + Apple Care spread out over 12 months, but wasn't sure exactly what happened when you chose to upgrade.

AppleCare is attached to a device's serial number, yes. Which is why nothing gets transferred, if you upgrade at 12 months you're just giving up the next 12 months of AppleCare and rebuying it on your new device. However, you also only paid for 12 months of AC at that point, so it's not like you're missing out on anything.

giga

I personally don't care to be tied to a carrier, since I'm with tmobile and don't see myself switching any time soon since the big two don't care to compete on price. So my two options are comparing jump/jump on demand vs apple's upgrade program.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
AppleCare is attached to a device's serial number, yes. Which is why nothing gets transferred, if you upgrade at 12 months you're just giving up the next 12 months of AppleCare and rebuying it on your new device. However, you also only paid for 12 months of AC at that point, so it's not like you're missing out on anything.

That makes sense!

I personally don't care to be tied to a carrier, since I'm with tmobile and don't see myself switching any time soon since the big two don't care to compete on price. So my two options are comparing jump/jump on demand vs apple's upgrade program.

I actually would be on T-Mobile if my family weren't still paying for my phone service, so I don't blame you

My baby has arrived! I ended up switching out to normal Gold (instead of pink aka Rose Gold). Haven't opened it yet. Excited to try out dat 3D touch.

npa189

The first broken iPhone 6S.

May it rest in peace as it died for our sins.

lol wut?

I've had 7 smartphones in my life and have never broken a single screen, I just don't understand how it happens, pocket it when your going to be doing something that needs your full attention/going to be moving fast and can't safely handle it.

Owari

lol wut?

I've had 7 smartphones in my life and have never broken a single screen, I just don't understand how it happens, pocket it when your going to be doing something that needs your full attention/going to be moving fast and can't safely handle it.
The + is too big to not awkwardly hold. Very easy to drop.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread...

How likely am I going to be able to walk into a Verizon store and buy a 64gb Space Gray 6S+?

EDIT: God damn at the broken screen.....I'm worried.

Katori

lol wut?

I never broke a screen until the iPhone 5. I went through 4 iPhone 5's.

I've had my 6 Plus for a year though and haven't broken the screen--it has a tiny scratch on it and a discoloration from a drop, but other than that, it's golden.

Shun

Sorry the hecticness of a brand new iPhone launch is spewing misinformation on my social media feed. Trying to filter it out for more accurate accounts.

That picture was from the launch of the iPhone 6, not 6S. Dude just put 6S for attention.

Don't worry, the 6S is okay.

kIdMuScLe

So finally got my order through as the executive had to use his address to place the order then change it back afterwards. ☺️

Also since I got the 64gb upgrade my payment is $27... I thought it was $19 a month with the promo

TwIsTeD

Apple store reservation dream might be dead - buddy who works at an Apple store here in the US just told me all iPhones have to leave the store open and activated on an account - sucks for me being on a corp account and willing to pay full retail out the door.

Barzul

Getting my IPhone immediately the UPS freight trucks roll in tomorrow. Helps when your girl works there. Can't wait! Got the 64gb silver

Juice

Apple store reservation dream might be dead - buddy who works at an Apple store here in the US just told me all iPhones have to leave the store open and activated on an account - sucks for me being on a corp account and willing to pay full retail out the door.

Probably just to fight against scalpers?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
"We don't want to make more money, because scalpers" makes sense

Far more scalpers than people legitimately looking to buy a device without immediately tying it to an active phone number.

TwIsTeD

Probably just to fight against scalpers?

Thats what he said - and that it drains the stock of the Verizon/T-Mobile units first since they are factory unlocked out of the box.

My wife is happy since shes getting her Rose Gold one at least

TxdoHawk

Yassss 64GB and 128GB Rose Gold 6S+ models coming my way tomorrow. But from Philly... Here's hoping that they hurry up so the Pope don't push me back...

Please get to Oakland/Berkley on time...

keSgKbf.png

You should be good, departure scans are for when boxes are being loaded up on trucks to leave.

It's no iphone, but I received my Frame X Frame case. Timing couldn't be better.
It's SUPER lightweight and thin, but anodized aluminum looks sick.

Top Bottom