• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

subrock

Are you selling the Watch or the iPhone? If you're selling the iPhone then first thing is turn off Find My IPhone and then Reset All Contents & Settings on the iPhone. This will automatically unpair the Watch. Your Watch backup will be inside your most recent iPhone backup.

ah right, selling the phone. Forgot that wiping the phone might do the unpair operation. That seems logical.

mandiller

Ok back home from the store with it now. I'm in Australia btw.

miJD6sY.jpg

wZfJjUk.jpg

V92CXGG.jpg

QkhC7OE.jpg

PMAQjL3.jpg
I've got the midnight blue silicone case for it. It's looking pretty snazzy! Just restoring it now.

Blackhead

Redarse
^^^
Nice

Does 3D Touch work on weblinks in Twitter? Tweetbot?

Apple is intentionally discouraging people from waiting outside stores for product launches. [April 7]
Apple's retail chief admits that the Apple Watch launch didn't go as planned [April 16]

Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts on Thursday sent a memo to Apple employees that explained the shipping delays for the Apple Watch, and she hinted that the company would return to iPhone-style launches with lines outside its stores...

A previous memo explained that initial orders for the Apple Watch would take place only online, stopping people queueing up outside stores from buying them.

But Ahrendts hints that Apple will return to its old way of launching products: "Are we going to launch every product this way from now on? No. We all love those blockbuster Apple product launch days — and there will be many more to come. They're the moments where you, our teams, shine. And our customers love them as well!"

Enco

Hnnnnng looking good.

One huge thing for me is the multitasking. I really hope it's much better than before. I don't want apps to reload for as long as possible.

Fjordson

Question: is there anything negative to restoring from backup on a new phone? I haven't had one in 3 years so I'm probably remembering wrong, but I vaguely recall reading some myth online where it wasn't good to put a backup of an older phone onto a new one.

I've got the midnight blue silicone case for it. It's looking pretty snazzy! Just restoring it now.

Damn, I just love the look of this phone. I'm getting a space grey 6s+ too (not any time soon though). Hope you enjoy using it and thanks for sharing!

The reason for no lines for the watch was simply because they were not going to have enough available. Hundreds of people lining up for a dozen or so watches would have been problematic. I would bet if they launched the watch in June they would have allowed lines.

Motherfuckers! They said they got rid of all the FCC logos on the back this year. Not true. At least in Australia.

Yeah, America gets this benefit.

Draper

I miss Google Now with Android. Why in the world doesn't IOS incorporate my flight itinerary emails automatically into my calendar. I mean, hell Google Inbox app actually groups up my flights into a lovely layout. With Siri Suggestions, I get dumb unneeded shit like, 'maybe you'd like to text your friend?'. Same sentiments with expected packages and deliveries- where is any of this stuff noted...

Enco

Question: is there anything negative to restoring from backup on a new phone? I haven't had one in 3 years so I'm probably remembering wrong, but I vaguely recall reading some myth online where it wasn't good to put a backup of an older phone onto a new one.
I've always restored and it has always seemed to work fine.

I'll be going fresh this time though. First time since I bought the iPhone 4 (I think). New generation, new start. Gonna feel good. I also want to make sure I get the most out of the battery, and I don't want crap on my phone.

I miss Google Now with Android. Why in the world doesn't IOS incorporate my flight itinerary emails automatically into my calendar. I mean, hell Google Inbox app actually groups up my flights into a lovely layout. With Siri Suggestions, I get dumb unneeded shit like, 'maybe you'd like to text your friend?'. Same sentiments with expected packages and deliveries- where is any of this stuff noted...
Siri is useless at contextual info. It's great for doing tasks like messaging though. Just download Google Now on iOS. Not the same but decent.

I'm ridiculously excited for tomorrow.

Ninja Dom

There's no evidence of that. I always like to start fresh but now I'm using Watch and that took a while to fine tune it the way I like. So I'll be restoring from backup.

Remember that the 6S & 6S Plus come with IOS 9.0. So a Day One update to 9.0.1 is available.

Owari

Being a little dramatic aren't you?
You should apply to take her job since you know how to do it so well.
Not really. She's taking the one thing that made Apple Product launches fun and unique and dismantling it. You couldn't even get an Watch until months after the "release date" ... products like th iPad Mini 4 could have had a soft release date and people line up to drum up more hype .. But as it is no one even knows that iPad exists. Not to mention the employees themselves over the years have become extremely rude, piss poor customer service, just trying as hard as they possibly can to oversell you AppleCare for 40 minutes when you're just trying to buy the shit and leave.

Im starting to regret not getting the plus version...BLAH
Why? You want to have to use two hands to operate your smartphone?

Reckoner

Hnnnnng looking good.

One huge thing for me is the multitasking. I really hope it's much better than before. I don't want apps to reload for as long as possible.

I read on some reviews that it is better this time. It has definitely 2gb in there.

Eh, mainly screen real estate and battery life.

It's not like you're going to see more on the web browser than on the regular 6s. It's just a blown up version. Also, the regular 6s is more pocketable. Either way it's fine.

McHuj

Case looks really nice. I'm going to have to go with an apple case. It's like all other case manfactures design such shit looking cases. I just want simple.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
iPhone launch in Japan

Japanese iPhone still have FCC symbols in back.

iPhone 6S+ and Xperiz Z5 Ultra size comparison

Ginza

Osaka

Fukuoka

Queues don't look huge.

How much is the iPhone in Japan? Yen is pretty weak against the pound right now, could be more affordable

Mortemis

Banned
Phone has left kentucky around 5 hours ago, should be here tomorrow!

For people who are getting the apple leather cases, which color are you going for? I'm getting a SG iPhone so maybe the black leather case, but saddle brown looks nice so I'm having a hard time choosing.

edit: that silicone case looks good. I've heard it picks up lint and is hard to take out of pockets some times. Is it still like that?

Souzetsu

Looks like Verizon is repsonding with letting people upgrade every year, provided you are on the device payment plan:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2015/09/iphone-6s-verizons-new-annual-upgrade-plan.html

Introducing the better way to always have the new iPhone: Verizon’s new annual upgrade plan

By Kelly Crummey on September 24, 2015
Introducing the better way to always have the new iPhone: Verizon’s new annual upgrade plan

If you purchase either the iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus with Verizon’s Device Payment option beginning Friday, September 25, you’ll be eligible to get a new iPhone every year. Yes, no more waiting for your contract to end. Now you can always have the latest iPhone - on the network that has the largest 4G LTE coverage in America.

The new program allows you to turn in your phone and upgrade to a new iPhone every year. If you pre-ordered an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, you’re automatically enrolled in this program if you’ve elected the Device Payment option.

If you’re not interested in upgrading, you still have the option to pay your phone off in 24 low monthly payments. That’s a better option than those “lease plans” offered by other companies, which can include surprise balloon payments just 18 months into your agreement, or ask you to turn over your phone without getting anything for it.

Not with Verizon and thinking about joining America’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE network? You can get up to $400 when you switch and trade in your old smartphone. Check out the details here: www.verizonwireless.com/iphone.

Now you can always have the latest iPhone on the network that has the largest 4G LTE coverage in America. Because the best deserves the best.

Beginning Friday, September 25, you can buy iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus at Verizon retail stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. For complete details on pricing, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/iphone. For more information on iPhone, please visit: www.apple.com/iphone.

Not sure how this compares with their current plans or the competition.

Shun

Queues don't look huge.

How much is the iPhone in Japan? Yen is pretty weak against the pound right now, could be more affordable

It's not.

Prices start (before tax) at ¥86,000/¥98,000/¥118,000 for the 6S and ¥98,000/¥118,000/¥122,800 for the 6S+ model

giga

Looks like Verizon is repsonding with letting people upgrade every year, provided you are on the device payment plan:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2015/09/iphone-6s-verizons-new-annual-upgrade-plan.html

Not sure how this compares with their current plans or the competition.

It's a good deal, but the downside is you'd have to be with Verizon

I guess that means the only carrier that doesn't have a specific iPhone upgrade plan is AT&T. I know they have the Next 12 thing, but that applies to any phone. Will be interesting to see if they sweeten the pot for iPhones

Man, Apple really got everyone on their toes when they announced their own plan

FStop7

Banned
That Rose Gold is too blush for me. If it were more copper-pink I'd get it. I guess I'll get either space gray or gold.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Weird, the rose gold Spigen case I have doesn't look anywhere near that pink.

Top Bottom