• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Shun

You should be good, departure scans are for when boxes are being loaded up on trucks to leave.

Yessss super close.

omS3MTK.png

Ambient80

Anyone in the Cleveland area know how good T-Mobile is here? I know the coverage map says they have LTE here now but I've never been on their network to test speeds.

Red

Anyone in the Cleveland area know how good T-Mobile is here? I know the coverage map says they have LTE here now but I've never been on their network to test speeds.
I've had it for two weeks and it's been pretty sweet so far. The map can sometimes be misleading, showing coverage with "satisfactory connection in some areas" hidden in the description, but that's more true for rural areas. I've found that most places it's just as good as Verizon. It suffers in some buildings.

Tendo

My phone has been sitting in Philly since the 22nd... Worried I won't get it tomorrow :( I'm about 2 hours from Philly but it hasn't even left yet.

ehhh really?? they have enough to sell? I'll get mine soon? with the pope in philly and they sold out I was thinking mid october... which I'm ok with.

Le Pope has left Philly so you shouldn't be affected by His Holiness. Additionally, only the Rose Gold 6s+ is supply-constrained, and particularly (maybe only) on AT&T.

Aurizen

Le Pope has left Philly so you shouldn't be affected by His Holiness. Additionally, only the Rose Gold 6s+ is supply-constrained, and particularly (maybe only) on AT&T.

Actually the pope doesn't come into Philly till Saturday, maybe late friday he's here till Sunday for mass... he's in NY currently.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My phone has been sitting in Philly since the 22nd... Worried I won't get it tomorrow :( I'm about 2 hours from Philly but it hasn't even left yet.

I'm 45 mins from Philly and same deal. It will most likely ship out tonight. Since you are so close you will most likely not see movement until tonight since they don't really need much time to get it to you and they can't deliver it until Friday.

Actually the pope doesn't come into Philly till Saturday, maybe late friday he's here till Sunday for mass... he's in NY currently.

I realized my mistake soon after I posted. I thought he started in Philly, then went to D.C., then NYC. I am embarrassed and blame the stress of not getting movement on my order for the mistake. I blame AT&T and Apple. Tim Cook is a bad person.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My phones are already at the center where I will pick them up tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to try out the new stuff.

9uANlLB.png

So close! Can't I just drive over there and pick it up? I'm rather excited, especially because this is my first iPhone. I've had Android, Windows & Blackberry, but never an iPhone. Out of those three, I stuck with Android, but I much preferred Windows. The only reason I stuck with Android was because T-Mobile didn't offer a big screen Lumia.

Agreed on that! Went a bit overboard with this one, but the build quality is definitely there so I'm not too upset. Also I'll not be getting a "full-body" case to complement this one as originally planned... :(

Lol so isn't the bumper redundant? Or you're gonna swap them out depending on the situation?

3D Touch is blowing my mind with typing. The "press down to turn the keyboard into a trackpad" is so easy to use, it happened without me even trying to do it.

3D Touch is blowing my mind with typing. The "press down to turn the keyboard into a trackpad" is so easy to use, it happened without me even trying to do it.

Is it possible to send a text by 3D Touching, i.e. can 3D Touch act as the Send key? This is my dream and all I want from 3D Touch.

I have a small crack on my phone front meaning I can never trade it in. I don't want to pay full price for the 6S, but damn having the force capability like my watch would be amazing.

ramyeon

Picked up a 64GB 6S in Silver at the Sydney Apple Store this morning. Good experience despite the bad weather. Had a reservation but the queue was still crazy - like out the door and down the street kind of bad. The staff were super helpful and allowed us to skip the bulk of the queue due to my girlfriend having to go to work though. Midnight Blue in Leather was all out so I picked up the silicone instead - nicer than I expected.

Phone is a nice upgrade from my old 5. Still getting used to the size and force touch.

Apple's shipping network is crazy. My iPhone has gone from China -> Korea -> Alaska -> Kentucky -> California. Anyone know why these are going to Alaska first?

So, what resolution/framerate do you guys plan on using the most? 1080p/30fps, 1080p/60fps, 4K/30fps, or... 720p (lol).

I think I'll go exclusively 4K, honestly. I have the iCloud space for it

Apple's shipping network is crazy. My iPhone has gone from China -> Korea -> Alaska -> Kentucky -> California. Anyone know why these are going to Alaska first?

Maybe dropping some off in Canada on the way down?

Can't watch 4k on most TVs/computers, so it's more for the thrill of it right now. hence the need to switch to 1080.

You can't watch it in full resolution on a lot of stuff right now, but you'll still be able to play it on any computer or TV, it's not like it won't work. Plus I'd rather have the original file be as high of quality as possible

I don't take a lot of video though

Top Bottom