• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

You can't watch it in full resolution on a lot of stuff right now, but you'll still be able to play it on any computer or TV, it's not like it won't work. Plus I'd rather have the original file be as high of quality as possible

I don't take a lot of video though

That's my thinking, and I also backup my photos and videos every week, so space isn't that big of an issues except on very long vacations where I also have several videos downloaded and can't backup until home.

Maybe dropping some off in Canada on the way down?

Hah, well I guess that's a good as explanation as any.

BTW, if anyone's worried about missing their delivery, I just saw on the Apple order page that you can print and pre-sign a PDF to leave on your door that UPS/FedEx will accept.

That really angers me. My backup plan was to go to AT&T. What is wrong with them? I hate oligopolies.

They're trying to phase out 2 year contract pricing, but are keeping it around for the people who REALLY want it. They just make it a pain to get it

Don't be surprised if it's not even an option next time you want to upgrade a phone

ZeroX03

Banned
My friend managed to snatch up an iPhone being sold by someone who was given one by work, so he didn't have to pay scalper markup. Lucky bastard. Let me tell you guys right now: the reviews weren't lying about Touch ID. Blazingly fast.

ramyeon

My friend managed to snatch up an iPhone being sold by someone who was given one by work, so he didn't have to pay scalper markup. Lucky bastard. Let me tell you guys right now: the reviews weren't lying about Touch ID. Blazingly fast.
I can't even get to the lock screen by using the home button, it just immediately unlocks when I tap it. Not even slightly exaggerating.

I can't even get to the lock screen by using the home button, it just immediately unlocks when I tap it. Not even slightly exaggerating.

Can't fucking wait

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Apple store reservation dream might be dead - buddy who works at an Apple store here in the US just told me all iPhones have to leave the store open and activated on an account - sucks for me being on a corp account and willing to pay full retail out the door.

Can't you just throw in a pay as you go sim and your personal account, and then reset it later?

Apple store reservation dream might be dead - buddy who works at an Apple store here in the US just told me all iPhones have to leave the store open and activated on an account - sucks for me being on a corp account and willing to pay full retail out the door.

Resellers killing the system.

Jake.

just ordered a 6s (australia) after years of having galaxies (OG, s2, s4 mini). i'm nervous for some reason haha.

silicone or leather case?

mandiller

Really loving the peak and pop and vibration motor. It's so satisfying. Also, pressing down on the keyboard and it turning into a fluid track pad so you can move your cursor around text is awesome.

Reckoner

just ordered a 6s (australia) after years of having galaxies (OG, s2, s4 mini). i'm nervous for some reason haha.

There's no right choice. Go with what you like the most. I'll personally go with silicone because I really like the grip of it, it's more rubber-y, while the leather one is softer.

TimFL

So uhm... I updated my iP6 to 9.0.1 on wednesday. Does that mean I'll first have to update my 6s to 9.0.1 today to restore my iCloud Backup?

ZeroX03

Banned

Leather if you want black or midnight blue, silicone if you want any other colour. Leather is slightly better protection and more comfortable but the lighter tones wear awfully over time.

Dougald

My 6S should be delivered this afternoon. Got to love DPDs delivery windows, it means I won't have to sit in all morning waiting.

Jake.

Leather if you want black or midnight blue, silicone if you want any other colour. Leather is slightly better protection and more comfortable but the lighter tones wear awfully over time.

i've read that it's hard to use the buttons with the leather case? either way, both are extortionately priced - $70 AUS for the leather and $55 AUS for silicone.

ZeroX03

Banned
i've read that it's hard to use the buttons with the leather case? either way, both are extortionately priced - $70 AUS for the leather and $55 AUS for silicone.

It's fine to use the buttons with leather. You just don't feel as much of a click.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Spent an hour in an Apple Store line, and left. We were informed all 64gb Plus models were gone, and that's the one I wanted.

So I ordered one on fnac.com, with a delivery announced from 9th, oct.

I'm waiting for some feedback on how Touch 3D is on the Plus model. I have the feeling it is more suited to a one handed phone.

Newline

Picking up my phone in 2 hours. HNGGGGG. Not going to get any work done after I get it, just going to prance around the office and let people try out 3D touch.

Ninja Dom

So, what resolution/framerate do you guys plan on using the most? 1080p/30fps, 1080p/60fps, 4K/30fps, or... 720p (lol).

1080p/60fps

I love the smoothness and crispness of 60fps. Some 4K will be taken for future-proofing purposes.

I feel that 60fps is timeless though. Back in 2004 my pal had a digital camera that took video at 60fps. It was mind blowing and although the videos are very small resolution they still look incredible today.

Enco

Spent an hour in an Apple Store line, and left. We were informed all 64gb Plus models were gone, and that's the one I wanted.

So I ordered one on fnac.com, with a delivery announced from 9th, oct.

I'm waiting for some feedback on how Touch 3D is on the Plus model. I have the feeling it is more suited to a one handed phone.
Did you have a reservation?

Worried I'll go just before closing and not find mine.

1080p/60fps

I love the smoothness and crispness of 60fps. Some 4K will be taken for future-proofing purposes.

I feel that 60fps is timeless though. Back in 2004 my pal had a digital camera that took video at 60fps. It was mind blowing and although the videos are very small resolution they still look incredible today.

60fps video still weirds me out. Games, totally normal. But video is just so rare to see, outside of what I film on my iPhone and some youtube videos. TV is 30 and movies are 24, most youtube is 30, etc. That's what my brain is used to

Ninja Dom

60fps video still weirds me out. Games, totally normal. But video is just so rare to see, outside of what I film on my iPhone and some youtube videos. TV is 30 and movies are 24, most youtube is 30, etc. That's what my brain is used to

Yeah I know what you're saying. That crispness of video just makes things seem more "alive".

I got my 6S!!! Delivered at 10.45am (UK). Standard Gold, 128 Jigga.

Gonna open, brief set up with no iCloud, update it to 9.0.1, then restore backup.

ZeroX03

Banned
If you shoot 4K on a 6S Plus with wider framing than you would normally use, you could put it through a warp stabilizer and crop it down to 1080p and it would be so smooth with the combination of the OIS with very little image degradation. Can't wait to do some tests

I have never had a new iPhone on the day of release, but my phone was due an upgrade so ordered it two weeks ago and it is being delivered today. I really shouldn't be this excited. I am currently staring at the delivery page live updates. My courier is currently on delivery 43 and mine is number 78 in the the queue, 2 hour and 15 minutes away. Refreshing the page is not making him speed up.

I went for the 6s 64gb in silver. I thought I needed a change from the black/space grey from the past 3 iterations.

Also not sure if this is relevant for this thread, but it is related to Apple. I am thinking of moving over to Apple Music, after being a long term Spotify premium member. I do love Spotify and have never had any problems with the service, but the new privacy policy nonsense made me start to look elsewhere. Anyone got any thoughts or impressions on Apple?

how is the 6s+? i remember reading about the 6+ running a bit slow/lagging. maybe it was cause of the bigger screen. i hope 2gb ram/a9/ios 9 have made it run smoother.

HUELEN10

how is the 6s+? i remember reading about the 6+ running a bit slow/lagging. maybe it was cause of the bigger screen. i hope 2gb ram/a9/ios 9 have made it run smoother.
People are gone give me shit for saying this, but as far as we can tell, it should be the same as the previous version where the smaller unit boasts better performance.

giga

iFixit confirms LPDDR4: http://ifixit.org/blog/7390/iphone-6s/

And the huge taptic engine, which seems to be responsible for the 5% reduction in battery capacity:

gVLQEpWGf6Zd521H

Video of it in action: https://twitter.com/kwiens/status/647263766476779521

TimFL

Mine just showed up and I can confirm that there are no issues using an iCloud Backup done on iOS9.0.1 (it is downloading said backup right now during setup).

Barzul

Phone arrived at UPS center in town. Going to have it in a few mins. Had it held separately from the other packages. Can't wait! Kinda giddy with all the great reviews especially as I'm currently using a 5c

Top Bottom