• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone SE |OT| A Dazzling Display of Common Sense (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find an iTunes OT so I'll ask here. I just updated to Windows 10 and now my wife can't sync her iPhone with iTunes. Whenever she tries it fails to copy anything and ends up deleting the playlist she was trying to sync from iTunes!

I can't seem to googlefu this problem.

gimmmick

Juan Carlos keeps knocking it out of the park. His reviews are head and shoulders above other YouTube reviewers. Only Erika Griffin has the same knowledge and attention to detail.

As much I hate that Muchael Fisher is no longer apart of the pocket now crew, they couldn't have picked a better person to replace him with Juan. I have subscribed to his main channel for years, he knows his stuff about gadgets.

Managed to finally snag my pre order for a 64gb. Sadly didn't get the Rose gold but I snagged a regular gold but to be honest I'll live since I'm getting off the bandwagon of new phones since large phones are the way we're going.

Visiting LA this weekend and managed to not only snag a case but a tempered glass from Santee Alley just walking around. Can't wait to actually open the thing.

start noticing how much the average person has to accommodate themselves and their tasks to the phone instead of the other way around

And this is why I'm leaving my 6s even though I'm 6'5 with large hands I still can't use my phone one handed. I'm always stretching my finger and I noticed I'm popping it more and more to stop it from stiffening.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
76% battery after nothing but just playing podcasts for about 2 1/2 hours. That doesn't seem right...

I got to use this for a while. Battery is great. Doesn't take long to adjust to the screen size. Great specs. Nice little phone. I still prefer the size of the normal 6s but there's something I missed about being able to navigate everything so quickly with one hand.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
just called apple to get applecare+ and was surprised that applecare+ for the iPhone SE is "only" 99€. I expected 149€ like for the 6s and 6s+

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Mine should arrive today, looking forward to it. After having used a company 5s for the last two years and having to downgrade to my lowly 4s for this year so far, the SE better be breathtankingly fast compared to the 4s ;)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So what's the easiest and best way to test my battery against the standard, to see if it falls short? Just want to find out if I'm nuts or not.

Battery lottery

Mine isn't incredible either. Or at least getting those advertised numbers

Edit: just kidding my current battery cycle is doing very well.

I'm having flash backs to the 6s chip lottery!

lol

I wanted to post again that after a few days my battery got MUCH better! Like amazingly better.

Mimosa97

Yeah my battery isn't doing very well ... I don't even watch videos or anything so yeah I don't get it.

Edit : Can I still get applecare even though I've had the phone since day 1 ?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah my battery isn't doing very well ... I don't even watch videos or anything so yeah I don't get it.

Edit : Can I still get applecare even though I've had the phone since day 1 ?
You have 60 days to buy AppleCare after you purchased your iPhone
But you need to call apple. You can't buy it in a store

Mimosa97

You have 60 days to buy AppleCare after you purchased your iPhone
But you need to call apple. You can't buy it in a store

Thanks !

Do I already have a 1-year gurantee or is there no guarantee if I don't get applecare ? AppleCare adds 2 years, right ?

For info I bought my iphone directly from apple.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks !

Do I already have a 1-year gurantee or is there no guarantee if I don't get applecare ? AppleCare adds 2 years, right ?

For info I bought my iphone directly from apple.

In Germany/Europe you already have two years normal guarantee that they have to offer because of European laws. So you don't get a longer guarantee. What you get from AppleCare+ as an European:
Express exchange if your iPhone is broken, so no need to wait for a repair
Two times express exchange for 69€ in the case you break your iPhone (means it is your fault your iPhone broke) this is covered in every country part of the EU.
Two years free telephone support

Einhandr

Bought a Spigen tough armor case in matte black and the Logitech power shell in anticipation of my SE arriving later today. Best part is I can use the accessories already on the 5 that I already have while I wait. I'm so glad I held off on getting a 6/6s. These bigger phones really don't appeal to me and I'm glad Apple is taking care of myself others like me.

In the market to replace my 5S. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and have kept it all this time(since iPhone 1) and it's so annoying going to deal with a rep as they are always trying to get me to change my plan(gonna have to pry it it from my cold dead hands). What would some of you suggest I do to replace my phone as cheaply as possible?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Question: for the people that want to upgrade their iPhones this year, and still want the same size as the 6plus... what should we get?

mackattk

Question: for the people that want to upgrade their iPhones this year, and still want the same size as the 6plus... what should we get?

If you want an iphone the same size as a 6s+.... Get the 6s+ or wait until the 7+... Not sure what other answer you were expecting.

I am battling myself with whether I should get a HTC10 or the iPhone SE.. I have always had an android and really like the size and appeal of the SE, but it would be a big change switching from android.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah but Apple hasn't even mentioned 7+ yet, right? So it's not due this year?

mackattk

Do they ever announce new phones way in advance? Most of the time when I hear them mentioning it, they announce that it will release within a month. The 6S+ came out the end of last year, so if they maintain their yearly cycle, then I would expect the 7 to come out around the same time this year.

Get a 6S+ if you don't want to wait, get a 7+ if you do.

Mimosa97

In Germany/Europe you already have two years normal guarantee that they have to offer because of European laws. So you don't get a longer guarantee. What you get from AppleCare+ as an European:
Express exchange if your iPhone is broken, so no need to wait for a repair
Two times express exchange for 69€ in the case you break your iPhone (means it is your fault your iPhone broke) this is covered in every country part of the EU.
Two years free telephone support

Thanks !

We're still stuck in the bronze age here in Canada. Customer protection is a joke compared to Europe.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
What? You can buy AppleCare+ in the store.

Maybe in a different country? I was told in the Apple Store Frankfurt that if you want to buy applecare+ after you already bought your iOS device it's only available through the AppleCare hotline and that you need a credit card o.o

Apple has a yearly release schedule for his iPhone, iPhone 7 will probably be unveiled in September

Onyar

I have problems with the whatsapp notifications, it came with a delay when the phone is locked with the screen off. Somebody have the same issue? I know some months before some issue appeared with the notifications but I don't know if it's solved. Also I don't know if this is a problem with my operator.

TheWorst

Can't decide between Space Grey and Rose Gold. Probably leaning towards Space Grey, because I know I'd get tired of people commenting on my pink phone, even though I really like the way it looks. Probably won't be ordering one until closer to the end of the month, but I'm really excited to get my hands on this!

Seeing as this will be my first iPhone, are there any steps I should be taking in advance to make the switch from Android to iOS as simple as possible? Also, any must-have apps for a first-time iPhone adopter?

wanders

Maybe in a different country? I was told in the Apple Store Frankfurt that if you want to buy applecare+ after you already bought your iOS device it's only available through the AppleCare hotline and that you need a credit card o.o

Apple has a yearly release schedule for his iPhone, iPhone 7 will probably be unveiled in September

In the US yes.

I wonder how they verify the condition of the phone over the hotline, since purchased phones without AC+ need to be in in undamaged condition if you purchase it in store.

HUELEN10

In the US yes.

I wonder how they verify the condition of the phone over the hotline, since purchased phones without AC+ need to be in in undamaged condition if you purchase it in store.

Software diagnostic and hardware test that goes right back to Cupertino.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can't decide between Space Grey and Rose Gold. Probably leaning towards Space Grey, because I know I'd get tired of people commenting on my pink phone, even though I really like the way it looks. Probably won't be ordering one until closer to the end of the month, but I'm really excited to get my hands on this!

Seeing as this will be my first iPhone, are there any steps I should be taking in advance to make the switch from Android to iOS as simple as possible? Also, any must-have apps for a first-time iPhone adopter?

I have the rose gold iPhone 6s Plus. I do not use a case, and use my phone CONSTANTLY for work and personal. Traveling and in town.

Disregarding the first month of ownership, I've probably only had a small handful of folks comment on my phone's color.

Rose gold is beautiful.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
In the US yes.

Software diagnostic and hardware test that goes right back to Cupertino.

What Huelen said. They make a remote diagnostic/test while you talk to the apple person on the phone

Mimosa97

The battery isn't that great tbh. Also I've just realized the definition of the screen is only 1 136 x 640 ... That's why videos and pics look so bad. Ugh.

I almost never take pictures anyways and don't really use it to watch videos but man couldn't they have put a better screen ? It's 2016 ...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Any 6/s/plus owners "downgrading" or have already?

Do you miss anything?

Went from 6 to SE. Could not be happier. Don't miss anything except the 128GB size..but oh well. Battery is better, camera is better, I can use it again with one hand only without the feeling that I'll drop it easily..

The battery isn't that great tbh.
Strange. My iPhone 6 had 10% left in the evening with my iPhone SE I've 25-30% left.

Ryan_MSF

I've been using a Motorola Moto G for the last couple of years, just ordered this today and super excited for it to arrive! (64gb in Space Grey)

This is going to be one hell of an upgrade for me haha.

TheWorst

The battery isn't that great tbh. Also I've just realized the definition of the screen is only 1 136 x 640 ... That's why videos and pics look so bad. Ugh.

I almost never take pictures anyways and don't really use it to watch videos but man couldn't they have put a better screen ? It's 2016 ...

Does it really make that much of a difference on a screen that small?

Mimosa97

Went from 6 to SE. Could not be happier. Don't miss anything except the 128GB size..but oh well. Battery is better, camera is better, I can use it again with one hand only without the feeling that I'll drop it easily..

Strange. My iPhone 6 had 10% left in the evening with my iPhone SE I've 25-30% left.

Same. Is it supposed to be good ? I don't even watch videos or play games ... (it's my first iphone).

Does it really make that much of a difference on a screen that small?

You think so ? Videos look a bit blurry tbh and if I'm able to notice it then it definitely makes a difference to me.

Onyar

I'm still having the delays in the notifications, and I tried everything, rebooted, clean install but still no luck to receive the notifications in time. Somebody else with this problem?
In on a point to return the phone, even I like it I can't live without whatsapp.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Still better battery life than 6S and 6+

Way better:
fKymj5F.png
Love it :D

Mimosa97

I'm still having the delays in the notifications, and I tried everything, rebooted, clean install but still no luck to receive the notifications in time. Somebody else with this problem?
In on a point to return the phone, even I like it I can't live without whatsapp.

Bruh I use whatsapp all the time and have no issue whatsoever. I get notified all the time. Maybe call apple and ask them for help ? Send an e-mail to the whatsapp customer service ?

Way better:

Love it :D

Wtf ???

I guess you got the good battery and I got a shitty version :(

I'm at 32%

That's with 4 hours of GPS and streaming music too, from and during work. Logging into work VPN & leaving notes (field technician) way better than my nexus 6p. Honestly I'd only ever use an iPhone 7 if it beat this in battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom