• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

HUELEN10

Fuck it, I'm making a makeshift Beats 1 thread. Give me a sec.
If you do, at least wait until iTunes update hits. Do you guys think we should have 2 threads or 1? I don't mind either way, but I don't want to cause any redundancies. Just let me know what y'all guys would think is best.

dream

What exactly is it doing when I ask the app to merge my on-device library with iCloud Music Library? Is it just a renamed Match?

So it seems that you can with SOME songs. Not all. Depends on if they're there. So, Pharrell isn't in the library or store yet. But Hudson Mohawke is, so I got 'Add to playlist' for him.

It's weird cause all of the ones I tried to add through the radio didn't work but I could search through the store and add them that way.

That makes sense. I was trying to add the last song (already forgot the name of her oops). :(

Courtney Barnett

So far the Beats 1 song selection makes me want to go get in my car and drive around while blasting the stereo

exactly as it should be

Mononoke

Banned
If you do, at least wait until iTunes update hits. Do you guys think we should have 2 threads or 1? I don't mind either way, but I don't want to cause any redundancies. Just let me know what y'all guys would think is best.

He should just make the new thread. Won't really hurt. Although I think he should make a nice OP.

Live radio can be a community, so I think it should have its own thread.

Meowster

Do I have to close CloudScrob and reset it after I listen to music? So far it only scrobbles the most recent track and ignores the others.

I'm going to assume it's a bug. I tried to add the Beck song to my library earlier and it did the same thing, even though I could search for the song individually and add it that way.

The song after the Beck song did have the option to add it - so I assume they have a few kinks to work out.

Yeah, was able to add that song manually, seems like it's buggy or maybe based on some kind of rights agreements that we don't see. For example Slacker Radio has a New Rock First channel - you can't save that channel offline unlike other channels, but you can recreate it with the songs on the channel and save that offline.

Xater

Oh I now get why I can't add this Chemical brothers song. The album isn't even out yet. So they also play stuff ahead of release.

HUELEN10

He should just make the new thread. Won't really hurt. Although I think he should make a nice OP.

Live radio can be a community, so I think it should have its own thread.
Yeah, and we could still post news on scheduled events here.

Make it a good thread TheAbsolution!
Alright, I'll try my best.
I need an OT subtitle please.
Beats 1 |OT|: Broadcasting From Around The World, The Human Radio

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can't get the icloud music library switch in settings to work. Is it waiting for the itunes update, or is it just being swamped and you need to keep retrying?

Xater

can't get the icloud music library switch in settings to work. Is it waiting for the itunes update, or is it just being swamped and you need to keep retrying?

So what worked for me is to close the music app and the settings. Then go into settings and activate it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Alright, I'll try my best.
I need an OT subtitle please.

Beats Broadcasting Corporation presents Zane Lowe

hmm. Decent buffer on Beats Radio. I just turned off wifi to see if resetting it helps with the icloud thing, and beats carried on playing for at least 30 seconds.

The Shamir song was amazing especially the middle part trophy vocal.

This Bully song is great, and I can't add it using the '...' but can find it with a manual search, so there's the discrepancy. The annoying discrepancy.

So... any word from Tidal?

tOSm1Jn.jpg

empyrean

Won't let me enable iCloud music library - just get an error. Bummer as i mainly wanted apple music for the offline playback tomorrow at work!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
FOUND A SOLUTION

Open Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Set PIN (I'd recommend just 0000) > Music & Podcasts > Tap on Explicit toggle to Allow > Disable Restrictions (0000 or whatever PIN you chose previously)

Found this from another forum
Holy crap, yes! I was just about to post it, I also just saw about this in the comments section of another site. Sweet!

Anyone with greyed out explicit tracks, try the method above. Restart the music app if it doesn't work immediately.

It's clever. Is Lowe going to be a main DJ every day? There are 3 DJ's total?

I hope Lowe is a main DJ every day.

I mentioned there were three DJs earlier in the thread and that was based on early news that three famous DJs (Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, and Julie Adenuga) were building the station and were the big featured names. But now that it's launched and going by that schedule on their Tumblr, it looks like there will be quite a few others too.

So, I can't turn on iCloud whatever. And I suspect a lot of the playlist stuff is just pickled by the cloud being fucked with people swamping this. Give it a couple of days and I suspect this'll be a delight. Before then? Need to make lists of the songs he plays that I love. Because there are some here that are amazing.

(And he's playing Bully! They're SUPERB. Good.)

hamchan

Yeah, I think this whole thing is pretty damn rad so far, just after half an hour of using it. Definitely matches Spotify for me.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I'm quite surprised with Beats 1. There's nothing like this on my area. Definitely will listen to from time to time.

Great job, Zane, Apple and co.

Mononoke

Banned
I mentioned there were three DJs earlier in the thread and that was based on early news that three famous DJs (Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, and Julie Adenuga) were building the station and were the big featured names. But now that it's launched and going by that schedule on their Tumblr, it looks like there will be quite a few others too.

That's actually awesome.

hamchan

First suggestion I could give is the ability to heart songs or add them to a playlist from Beats 1. I'm liking a lot of songs I'm hearing and want to be able to get back to them easily.

Top Bottom