• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

blackflag

I'll admit I laughed at beats 1 when they talked about it......now I'm listening and it's great. It may just be this DJ but all of this music is good and isn't anything I usually listen to.

njean777

You know I thought radio was going to be kind of lame, but actually now that I see what they are doing with it, it is pretty brilliant.

Xater

First suggestion I could give is the ability to heart songs or add them to a playlist from Beats 1. I'm liking a lot of songs I'm hearing and want to be able to get back to them easily.

It worked earlier for me but not now for some reason.

HUELEN10

Great idea on nicknames guys, I will post them all in the OP in their own section with the update!

Mine is Redhead_On_Moped.
Man, some of the people who like Beats1 would be blown the fuck away by radio.
Some of our stations near us suck, and are nothing more than ads and shitty playlists.

Mononoke

Banned

A lot of radio is not curated anymore by people. A lot of them with DJ's, actually aren't curating the content themselves.

Great idea on nicknames guys, I will post them all in the OP in their own section with the update!

Mine is Redhead_On_Moped

Already posted, but will add again in red:

Mine is Mononoke

Rootbeer

Banned
I agree that it needs a way to see what your friends are listening to easier. Basically, Last.fm killing features. Last.fm is nice and all, but most people can't be assed to use it or maintain it right. Also when passwords get changed, or software incompatability problems occur it can cause people to drop it or forget to make the changes to get it working again. It needs to be part of the actual service IMO.

That's actually awesome.

Yeah, some of them are people I've never heard of but are apparently famous, like Brooke Reese... Then there's Jayden Smith, who seems to have an ongoing show as does rapper T-Mills, and some one-off (?) celebrity guest spots like Drake and Annie Clark (aka St. Vincent).

Mr. Hyde

Eh, I listen to some of BBC's stations, KEXP, Alternative Side in NYC and some others but this station, so far, seems to be very convenient and has high potential. I get what you're coming from, though. There's a lot of good stations still out there if you get your hands dirty to find them.

Initial impressions were it's buggy, none of the radio stations worked and when I searched for artists nothing would show (like Metallica for example)

But now they show up. I guess they're gradually working out the kinks.

Luke_Wal

Playlists still broken for anyone else? Of course, Beats1 is also great, but I agree that it needs to add the ability to add to My Music or, even better, to add it to a playlist.

The_Joker

i updated my phone and everything worked fine... but after i synced my phone with my mac, all my playlists got erased from my phone... the songs are still there but no playlists and i can't add them by syncing again.. i would have to add them manually one by one...

what am i doing wrong?

Luke_Wal

i updated my phone and everything worked fine... but after i synced my phone with my mac, all my playlists got erased from my phone... the songs are still there but no playlists and i can't add them bei syncing again.. i would have to add them manually one by one...

what am i doing wrong?

I think it's just system overload. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

EDIT: "WHO PUTS A DRUM SOLO IN?!?!?!" is my new favorite Zane quote.

HUELEN10

Anyone figure out how to see who you are following? Went to account, and saw nothing but shitty names from music purchased on my account long ago, and I tried to unfollow them all, yet it still says I have 28; I actually wanna make my followed list accurate.

Mitch

Banned
My iPhone 6 storage is slowly shrinking. Nothing is downloading.

Music doesn't even show up under "Manage Storage."

Xater

Yeah it's really annoying that the iTunes update is still not out.

Also I got @xater so that makes me happy.

Rootbeer

Banned
So has anyone gotten an OSX iTunes update yet?

Supposedly not out anywhere yet.

Hope they release an updated version for Windows too very soon today.

They really should have released the updated desktop stuff a day or so before then we'd be ready to roll this morning. Shame.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone figure out how to see who you are following? Went to account, and saw nothing but shitty names from music purchased on my account long ago, and I tried to unfollow them all, yet it still says I have 28; I actually wanna make my followed list accurate.

it looks like it autofollows those artist you liked in the first time use flow (those bubbles at the start). My guess would be it would also autofollow any artist you heart.

All playlist stuff - adding from Beats One stream etc - working suddenly for me. Now I've got iCloud turned on and working, it seems to just click?

Top Bottom