• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

f@luS

More than a member.
i like it , a lot to check around

but im following 3 dozen artists already yet when i go on "connect" i can see only two appearing. any idea?

Kinsella

Banned
Finally got the iCloud thing to not throw an error. Initial impressions remain - UI is bad (especially the playlist functionality). Sound quality seems to be on par with the competition. Songs load pretty quickly. The only shot this has of replacing Spotify for me is if it cleans up the UI. It needs to be simpler and just present my playlists/artists as well as, and more importantly, be available to me on as many devices as Spotify currently is. Without that last part, I see no reason to pay for this. It's not an evolution at all, just another option. Will give them three months to change my mind. Looking forward to seeing how this works on my Macbook Pro, which is where I do most of my listening throughout the day.

The_Joker

I think it's just system overload. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

EDIT: "WHO PUTS A DRUM SOLO IN?!?!?!" is my new favorite Zane quote.
but isn't this a local problem? why should a system overload be a problem for me syncing my phone with my laptop?

Hoo-doo

Banned
All playlist stuff - adding from Beats One stream etc - working suddenly for me. Now I've got iCloud turned on and working, it seems to just click?

Yup, album art is now suddenly appearing from the lock screen while listening to Beats 1, and I can heart every song no problem. They are probably just working out the bugs at this point.

X-Frame

Probably a stupid question but I have iTunes Match yet don't show all my cloud songs on my phone because I don't want to show them all -- only what I want locally stored.

Can I still use Apple Music then?

Hedrush

Off topic but there's an 8.4 jailbreak out already. I'd wait on the usual suspects verifying it works first, but yeah there it is

qKaC3K

I'm really disappointed so far. :(

I should note that I'm currently in Hungary and some of the issues problems I have probably due to this reason.

• The library is really weak compared to Spotify. This could be again only here where I'm at the moment but Spotify's library is nearly identical to its US library while Apple Music has tons of artists and albums missing.
    For example the new Muse album is missing. What is funny though that it loads the US NEW page so I could click on it but it doesn't do anything.
  • Beats1 radio is not available. :(
  • Settings are kinda non existant. Can't change streaming quality for 4G use etc.
  • White background. I simply hate it.
  • It's really buggy. Missing texts on first start. Getting white pages with no buttons etc.

So I guess I'll stick with Spotify.

Mononoke

Banned
Off topic but there's an 8.4 jailbreak out already. I'd wait on the usual suspects verifying it works first, but yeah there it is

Wow, really!?

Uh...well. I guess I'll wait a day and see if it's 100% stable. This sounds dumb, but do you know the app that backs up all your tweaks?

I haven't updated since I got my 6 Plus. Don't want to lose all my tweaks. I think I have to use that app that backs up my jailbreak stuff right?

I can't put files on my ipod anymore, because 'itunes match is enabled' (it's not). Is this because Itunes hasn't updated?
Daaamn, good shit.

Moozo

It's REALLY cool that it shows what the current Beats 1 track is in now playing/on the lock screen/control center and you can add it to playlists/download it straight from there

empyrean

is there an 'offline mode' for Apple Music that anyone has seen? i don't have much data so when at work want to make sure i don't use my 3g allowance.

Hedrush

Wow, really!?

Uh...well. I guess I'll wait a day and see if it's 100% stable. This sounds dumb, but do you know the app that backs up all your tweaks?

I haven't updated since I got my 6 Plus. Don't want to lose all my tweaks. I think I have to use that app that backs up my jailbreak stuff right?

Yeah that chinese PP group have released a jailbreak tool. Id maybe wait on a taig release myself as they seem more legit.

Edit: Aptbackup does what you require.

I didn't even realize this radio would be censored. That is a let down. I guess I hadn't thought about it, but does internet radio also get regulated by the FCC?

Ha, it's almost comical with this song. Half of it is scrambled. What's the point?

I was able to just go add the complete explicit version to My Music, though. That's cool.

Man I have $40 credit in my iTunes account. I don't even know why I need it anymore. To pay for this service for 4 months, I guess.

HUELEN10

it looks like it autofollows those artist you liked in the first time use flow (those bubbles at the start). My guess would be it would also autofollow any artist you heart.

But how do I see them? it says I have 28, but none of them show up.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Lol, the censoring is hurting this song something fierce. Guess it was inevitable.

Maybe they should age-gate Beats One so they shouldn't have to censor.

Mononoke

Banned
Lol, the censoring is hurting this song something fierce. Guess it was inevitable.

Maybe they should age-gate Beats One so they shouldn't have to censor.

Was it? This isn't on the radio right? How does Sirius get around it? Thought Satellite/Radio isn't hit with FCC the same way.

If Apple is censoring it, I think it's on their end (to appeal to as many people as possible). That's a let down. =/

I haven't listened to the radio in so long that I guess I just forgot how much DJs talk. But this guy just needs to shut up a little bit, especially when music is playing.

Welp, that's a downer.

I'm not going to be able to listen to the radio until I get home, but the whole censored thing is unfortunate.

I would guess since it's Apple they want it to be family friendly. Satellite Radio this is not.

I would guess that the nighttime hours might be less censored, maybe?

I would guess since it's Apple they want it to be family friendly. Satellite Radio this is not.

I would guess that the nighttime hours might be less censored, maybe?

I think they'll keep censoring pretty consistent - cos of the worldwide thing, it's never just nighttime...

Rootbeer

Banned
It's Apple. They should use their Apple Magic to make Beats 1 automatically play censored versions of songs for people under 18 or whatever. Censoring it for everyone is lame.
Welp, that's a downer.

I'm not going to be able to listen to the radio until I get home, but the whole censored thing is unfortunate.
Are the people who cancelled Spotify less than an hour after this launched still onboard? :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I hope the OS X iTunes update doesn't get delayed too much, I want to mess with my playlists but I really don't feel like fumbling with my phone in front of my computer.

Luke_Wal

So guys, do you feel Beats 1 might have the potential to sell Carplay?

If there was some way to get around data requirements, definitely. The amount of data this uses probably means I won't be listening much in the car. I usually try to listen to locally stored music and podcasts in the car, just because I don't have a whole ton of data (6GB for 3 people in the family, so about 2/2.5 GB).

EDIT: I guess I hadn't considered that, as part of this being worldwide, there would be non-English songs on it. I guess this French song right now is technically great, but it's hard for me to really connect with it when I can't even pronounce the name of the song.

Top Bottom