• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Mononoke

Banned
The station been worldwide is the core selling point... it is always daytime somewhere.

Fair enough. Still kind of a let down. But if the whole goal is to make it family friendly, and appeal to everyone. Bleh. Apples has to do what it has to do. Thankfully there is an option to look up the music you want, and listen on your own time. Censorship with music is lame as hell. But at the same time, that has always been kind of thing with live entertainment (radio, tv etc). So it's fine.

I guess in my head, I thought they were going to allow swearing since this was online. But Apple trying to appeal to everyone, makes sense from a business side of things.

Mononoke

Banned
If you are trying to be family friendly I don't think playing dre at all makes sense.

I meant to say "appeal to everyone". It is kind of silly in that, I think the kind of music that has swearing, prob has other content that will offend some people. But people do really get hung up on swear words.

I'm really disappointed so far. :(

I should note that I'm currently in Hungary and some of the issues problems I have probably due to this reason.

• The library is really weak compared to Spotify. This could be again only here where I'm at the moment but Spotify's library is nearly identical to its US library while Apple Music has tons of artists and albums missing.
    For example the new Muse album is missing. What is funny though that it loads the US NEW page so I could click on it but it doesn't do anything.
  • Beats1 radio is not available. :(
  • Settings are kinda non existant. Can't change streaming quality for 4G use etc.
  • White background. I simply hate it.
  • It's really buggy. Missing texts on first start. Getting white pages with no buttons etc.

So I guess I'll stick with Spotify.

Not just you. I'm in the UK and can't find many of the artists that I have on Spotify and Google. Awful selection for a service that boasts millions more songs.

So...about the Apple music family plan. Can you share with a friend and still have your accounts be separate? All I keep seeing is ICloud sharing stuff which links like everything. Photos, apps, that crap. I just want to share the music account and have us not see what we're listening to. Or doing. Or anything.

Hoo-doo

Banned
img_0441bmq98.jpg

Bless.

So...about the Apple music family plan. Can you share with a friend and still have your accounts be separate? All I keep seeing is ICloud sharing stuff which links like everything. Photos, apps, that crap. I just want to share the music account and have us not see what we're listening to. Or doing. Or anything.

It's Family Sharing. for families.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
No, it's under the iOS family sharing system, which makes you share everything and use a single credit card. It's the reason why the family plan is so cheap, it's restricted and focuses on actual families of people who live together. :p

bedlamite

Beats 1 hasn't rolled out in my country, and the UI looks kinda rough. I'm not going to be too harsh on Apple yet though, seeing how it's early days for this service. I do wish there was a dark UI though, all that white is hurting my eyes!

No, it's under the iOS family sharing system, which makes you share everything and use a single credit card. It's the reason why the family plan is so cheap, it's restricted and focuses on actual families of people living together. :p

Ah. I'll probably give it up after the three month trial again. music isn't worth $9.99 a month lol. If I was able to split it with a friend I'd use it.

cjp

Without Apple Music there doesn't seem to be a way to follow artists in Connect unless you already have them in your music library as the only two searchable tabs are "Radio" and "My Music".

Garou

The only thing that bothers me is when he announced something for "tomorrow", that's not how global radio works, why should I have to convert time zones in my head? Just say x hours from now.

Edit: Bah, wrong thread, meant to post in the Beats1-thread.

MoodyFog

I created a playlist on my iPhone and don't see it appear in my playlists on my iPad.. anyone else got this problem?

Beats 1 is very impressive with its wide range of music. Absolutely love it.

Zane Lowe is a music fan that does not give a damn about genres, that really helps. Big reason why he was up first I would guess. What the other DJs bring will be interesting

The only thing that bothers me is when he announced something for "tomorrow", that's not how global radio works, why should I have to convert time zones in my head? Just say x hours from now.

Edit: Bah, wrong thread, meant to post in the Beats1-thread.
He means the next time he is on. Which is 24 hours from now.

Shauni

Not up for PC, yet, I'm assuming? It keeps telling me I need to upgrade iTunes to 12.2, but I can't find a 12.2 upgrade for PC.

Top Bottom