• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Catalogue seems to be missing some Sonic Youth albums.

vaOAyLj.png

:(

So Apple Music just completely stopped working for me. Can't stream. Can't listen to Beats 1. The app is completely useless. When I select a song, it never loads.

Now it's asking me to "Join Apple Music", even though I just signed up for a free trial hours ago.

Edit: A complete device reboot seems to have solved it.

Shauni

Didn't see any mention of this in the OP, and has probably been asked, but will this work on a iPhone 4 at all? I notice that it says you need to update to OS 8.4 to use, and I think mine is capped at 6 something. Don't know if that question is just meant for Mac computers, though.

blackflag

Adding from beats 1 seems buggy.

Some songs just give you the option to start station based on that song others you can make a playlist or save to my music

But I looked up some of the songs without all of the options and they were able to add via search.

HUELEN10

Didn't see any mention of this in the OP, and has probably been asked, but will this work on a iPhone 4 at all? I notice that it says you need to update to OS 8.4 to use, and I think mine is capped at 6 something. Don't know if that question is just meant for Mac computers, though.

8.4 is a requirement on iOS. If your iOS device can't run it, you can't enjoy Apple MUSIC.

Oh yeah! Actually the one thing that would make me use Apple Music is if it had a much better selection of soundtracks than Spotify or the others. I've tried searching around for stuff but it doesn't seem any better so far.

Anime soundtracks, video games, that kinda stuff. The "soundtracks" section just seems to list the same crap Spotify does. Yeah, I really want to listen to the TED 2 soundtrack. Fuck off.

I was hoping it'd have more due to the iTunes store having a bunch of good stuff too. :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Got 8.4 on my 4S just to play around with Apple Music. I use an Android as my daily driver now, but keep the old iPhone around for stuff like this. Works pretty well on it, if any of you still have a 4S.

I sold my old iPhone for an Android device, so I'm really looking forward to the iTunes update on PC so I can get in on the action until I buy my next iPhone later this year. Hurry up, Apple!

Kinsella

Banned
as great as everything sounds, i still enjoy spotify connect on my ps4 =\

Ultimately that's what it will come down to - how many places can I listen to it? Currently I use Spotify as a background streamer on PS4 and I use it on a Lumia windows phone that isn't a phone anymore, just used for Spotify when I jog and drive. Apple needs to be more ubiquitous to get my money (and also be 5 dollars cheaper). Right now it's only useful to me when I'm on my Mac or iPad. I'll more than likely keep Spotify and just use the free radio listening from this until they make their service more available on devices I use.

Got 8.4 on my 4S just to play around with Apple Music. I use an Android as my daily driver now, but keep the old iPhone around for stuff like this. Works pretty well on it, if any of you still have a 4S.

That's good to hear! I'm installing the update now.

Symphonic

Oh yeah! Actually the one thing that would make me use Apple Music is if it had a much better selection of soundtracks than Spotify or the others. I've tried searching around for stuff but it doesn't seem any better so far.

Anime soundtracks, video games, that kinda stuff. The "soundtracks" section just seems to list the same crap Spotify does. Yeah, I really want to listen to the TED 2 soundtrack. Fuck off.

I was hoping it'd have more due to the iTunes store having a bunch of good stuff too. :(

Soundtrack support is pretty weak at the moment, was never offered to "like/love" Soundtrack as a genre or any film composers as Artists.

The soundtrack "playlists" are just "80s Popular Soundtrack" "90s Popular Soundtracks" etc. Really lame coming off of Google's incredible soundtrack playlists. Hopefully they add better ones.

gimmmick

Downloaded the 8.4 update and signed up for apple music. So far so good.

First album to download? Taylor Swift's 1989. Why? Because I fucking can.

Soundtrack support is pretty weak at the moment, was never offered to "like/love" Soundtrack as a genre or any film composers as Artists.

The soundtrack "playlists" are just "80s Popular Soundtrack" "90s Popular Soundtracks" etc. Really lame coming off of Google's incredible soundtrack playlists. Hopefully they add better ones.

Yeah, me too. I'd actually pay the $9.99 if it had a good selection of soundtracks. I can rarely find new stuff unless I read forum posts about them. All the soundtracks from the iTunes store would be a dream. Recent anime/video game soundtrack releases would be as well.

The main reason I never end up using these services for every long is that 90% of the time I want to listen to soundtracks and I'm only in the mood for stuff by like bands and stuff 10% of the time. Which makes these services pretty useless haha.

Kaladin

I'm kinda salty on the lateness of the iTunes update.....I want to join the party, but Apple must think PC users are third class citizens.

Luke_Wal

I turned on iCloud Music Library in Settings, but I still can't get Music that I don't already own to either show up in My Music or go on my playlists. Oddly enough, when I click the 3 dots, it says "Remove from My Music," so it seems to think it's there, but it doesn't show up when I go look for it.

Any help?

Angel_DvA

I turned on iCloud Music Library in Settings, but I still can't get Music that I don't already own to either show up in My Music or go on my playlists. Oddly enough, when I click the 3 dots, it says "Remove from My Music," so it seems to think it's there, but it doesn't show up when I go look for it.

Any help?

Do you have a sub to Itunes Match ?

Top Bottom