• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

What does the heart specifically do? The + adds it to the library...

It think.... that hearts suggest to you like the song in question, and it will be tossed into the algorithm that presents songs to you on the "For You" section. It basically helps Apple Music build an idea of songs you might like.

With enough hearts, you might be able to say to Siri "Play a song I like," and it might play something brand new that you actually like.

Mindwipe

Great idea on nicknames guys, I will post them all in the OP in their own section with the update!

Mine is Redhead_On_Moped.

Some of our stations near us suck, and are nothing more than ads and shitty playlists.

A lot of radio is not curated anymore by people. A lot of them with DJ's, actually aren't curating the content themselves.

Yep, top 100 music all day and shitty old stuff I don#t care for will blow my mind.

You're listening to this on the internet, where you could go and listen to Zane Lowe present this exact same show nearly every day on BBC Radio 1, ad free, worldwide, with on demand catch up, since 2003.

zychi

Banned
Tried it, dont like it. Like spotify and pandora, its too clunky.
I like having my music on my device and not have to filter through chris brown everytime i try to find new music.

Hope some of you guys enjoy it, its not for me.

Speaking of which, how do i ensure i cancel my 3 month trial? Cant find an option on ios and itunes hasnt updated on pc for me yet

I like having my music on my device and not have to filter through chris brown everytime i try to find new music.

Speaking of which, how do i ensure i cancel my 3 month trial? Cant find an option on ios and itunes hasnt updated on pc for me yet
There should be some option in settings to turn off auto renewal, Try that.

You're listening to this on the internet, where you could go and listen to Zane Lowe present this exact same show nearly every day on BBC Radio 1, ad free, worldwide, with on demand catch up, since 2003.

And again I'll say, Beats 1 aims to be as good 24/7 as Zane was for a few hours a day on BBC.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/0...-music-app-and-the-apple-music-setup-process/

One pro tip: if you aren't sure you'll want to keep using Apple Music after the trial period is up, tap the icon in the upper-left corner of the Music app, tap View Apple ID, and then tap the Manage button under the Subscriptions section. Apple Music subscriptions are set to automatically renew by default, but you can turn that setting off there.

Hedrush

7BgjbnA.png

I expected this, but not as soon. Time to update I think.

ducksauce

So no way to jump to an artist or album while listening to a curated station or radio, huh?

Brilliant.

Yeah, they need to fix this. Honestly, this is the kind of thing Spotify got right.

Also, I still can't add most songs to my library via Beats 1 Now Playing screen. I should also be able to get to the artist page from Beats 1.

7BgjbnA.png

I expected this, but not as soon. Time to update I think.

there is already a jailbreak out.

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-pp-jailbreak-ios-8.4-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch/

I too am waiting for this one, but yea. The jailbreak community will be good to go today because Apple didn't patch the exploit that gave us 8.3 jailbroken last week. I hope it isn't too soon to get this stuff out. 8.4.1 will be out sooner rather than later and if this is patched out people will be salty.

Kinsella

Banned
You can manage all your subscriptions in iTunes by clicking on your account. Then scroll down to Subscriptions. I have HBO and now Apple Music in there. Makes it really easy to start and stop subscriptions. And it's cheaper this way too since I only pay with iTunes credit, which I buy when it's 20 percent off like it is right on from Paypal on Ebay.

shoplifter

It's got some stuff.. but still seems to lack access to some itunes stuff. Seems inconsistent.
Least I got access to more Teddyloid!

I found a couple Apple-made Ayu playlists, but I couldn't actually stream the tracks on it. So either they're using the same playlists worldwide and restricting access to the tracks on a regional basis or they're working on rights and have the playlists created already with whatever algorithm they're using.

Ashhong

You can manage all your subscriptions in iTunes by clicking on your account. Then scroll down to Subscriptions. I have HBO and now Apple Music in there. Makes it really easy to start and stop subscriptions. And it's cheaper this way too since I only pay with iTunes credit, which I buy when it's 20 percent off like it is right on from Paypal on Ebay.

You can pay for Apple Music using iTunes credit? Hmm....

jts

...hate me...
Gripes:

Wish I could listen to Beats 1 / Apple Music on cellular while keeping automatic app, music, books, update downloads on wifi-only.

As it stands, if I enable cellular data for iTunes & App Stores I'll enable it for any of the the automatic downloads enabled. Which sucks.

holygeesus

Banned

Does it take subscriptions for Apple Music from your credit first then? Is that definitely the way it will work? Would I have to remove my credit card details?

RDreamer

Man, I'd really love to make the leap and combine my iTunes match library with theirs in one app, but...

I'm fucking stubborn and I need last.fm scrobbling support.

The workaround of having to add something to my library to get Cloudscrob to pick it up isn't going to be good enough for me, I don't think.

Gripes:

Wish I could listen to Beats 1 / Apple Music on cellular while keeping automatic app, music, books, update downloads on wifi-only.

As it stands, if I enable cellular data for iTunes & App Stores I'll enable it for any of the the automatic downloads enabled. Which sucks.

Yeah that is pretty stupid.

I imagine it'll be a long and winding road for Apple to get the Beatles to agree to be on the service. Of course it wasn't all going to come together day one.

I guess I'll just let it be for now.

Shauni

I imagine it'll be a long and winding road for Apple to get the Beatles to agree to be on the service. Of course it wasn't all going to come together day one.

Well, two of them are dead, with one foot in the grave, so it probably won't be too long!

I wonder if it'll ever come to streaming services. It seems like the Beatles make a ton of money by just re-releasing their music in different forms ever couple of years, streaming would fuck up that plan.

cjp

-.-

Yeah :( WTF Apple.

Did you try that Restrictions thing? Something about going into Restrictions under General in Settings and turning everything off and making sure explicit is selected.

Someone posted it a few pages back.

Top Bottom