• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

GWX

Did you try that Restrictions thing? Something about going into Restrictions under General in Settings and turning everything off and making sure explicit is selected.

Someone posted it a few pages back.

Restrictions are off for me :(

edit: yay, the 8.4 update ate my To Pimp a Butterfly album. iTunes Store say it is already downloaded on my phone, but since it's explicit (at least it's what I'm assuming), it doesn't show up under my music :(

Cowie

Am I missing something? So it looks like I need to enable iCloud Music Library to save albums for offline use. But when I do that, I can longer access the albums on my phone through the music app -- which is a problem, since some of them aren't available on Apple Music. Is my only option to sign up for iTunes Match to be able to keep saving albums for offline use?

A little annoyed that there's no way to quickly differentiate what you actually own and what you're just using from Apple Music

Top album (Billy Talent II) I own, bottom one (Billy Talent) I don't, but there's no way to know that from just looking at them

3RXS9po.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Just like your posts!

He's joking about Freedom being played again.

Ahh I see. I haven't been listening the whole time. It's def not a song I'm very fond of. I hope they continue to highlight lesser known stuff and don't resort to replaying the same songs too often. Especially a song that isn't that new. But it's not a very encouraging sign.

Am I missing something? So it looks like I need to enable iCloud Music Library to save albums for offline use. But when I do that, I can longer access the albums on my phone through the music app -- which is a problem, since some of them aren't available on Apple Music. Is my only option to sign up for iTunes Match to be able to keep saving albums for offline use?

A friend had the same problem. He told me to "migrate" the library, not to "replace" the library. That way you see both your local and 'online' content. Apparently you can choose that as soon as you turn on the iCloud library via Settings -> Music. Hope that helps.

cjp

Ahh I see. I haven't been listening the whole time. It's def not a song I'm very fond of. I hope they continue to highlight lesser known stuff and don't resort to replaying the same songs too often. Especially a song that isn't that new. But it's not a very encouraging sign.

It's getting repeats because it's been selected as Track of the Day.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Restrictions are off for me :(

edit: yay, the 8.4 update ate my To Pimp a Butterfly album. iTunes Store say it is already downloaded on my phone, but since it's explicit (at least it's what I'm assuming), it doesn't show up under my music :(
The trick is to activate then deactivate restrictions and the explicit tracks will unlock. Worked for me and others, it's a weird bug. Restart the music app if they don't unlock immediately.

edit: beaten!

Cowie

A friend had the same problem. He told me to "migrate" the library, not to "replace" the library. That way you see both your local and 'online' content. Apparently you can choose that as soon as you turn on the iCloud library via Settings -> Music. Hope that helps.

Hm, I don't see that option when I enable iCloud library in Settings -> Music, it just gets enabled and then shows a link to signup for iTunes Match. Thanks all the same!

Red

This service is pretty great. Currently paying for my wife's Spotify sub, but will probably switch to Apple Music's family plan once it runs out. $15 is a great price.

number11

Will be interesting to see how many people cancel their Spotify subs.

Ignoring everything else, the new interface alone is miles better than the previous music app.

Luke_Wal

Reposting this issue from earlier because it still hasn't fixed itself:

I turned on iCloud Music Library in Settings, but I still can't get Music that I don't already own to either show up in My Music or go on my playlists. Oddly enough, when I click the 3 dots, it says "Remove from My Music," so it seems to think it's there, but it doesn't show up when I go look for it.

Any help?

Somebody asked if I had iTunes Match, and I do NOT, but I don't understand what that would have to do with my issue.

Red

Ignoring everything else, the new interface alone is miles better than the previous music app.
Yeah the new interface is great. I prefer Spotify's still but Apple Music is not far behind.

No Metroid Metal on the service, so I guess they don't include everything on iTunes.

HUELEN10

Even better, any Music player that is a controller using Apple's built-in APIs such as Marvis, Track 8, CarTunes, Lagu, and more all are compatible with the service, so you can actually choose the UI you want.

This is not something I was expecting. Only thing's from Spotify that I am missing upon rebuilding my collection from what I can tell are beastie boys solid gold hits explicit, MJ's XScape, and the full Goofy movie Soundtrack, all which I am gonna buy by the end of the week.

Partition

Banned
Playlist creation seems completely messed up. I made a new playlist and tried adding songs to it from Apple Music... None of them add.

Xater

Playlist creation seems completely messed up. I made a new playlist and tried adding songs to it from Apple Music... None of them add.

You might have the option on that only shows music on your device. If that is the case music doesn't shop up in the playlist unless it's actually downloaded.

br3wnor

I wonder if it'll ever come to streaming services. It seems like the Beatles make a ton of money by just re-releasing their music in different forms ever couple of years, streaming would fuck up that plan.

Yeah I wonder if they would gain a whole lot financially by getting on a streaming service. Not to mention their core demographic are baby boomers who are more likely to buy the digital/hardcopy re-releases. Obviously fans of all ages would listen to Beatles on streaming but I wonder if that $ is dwarfed by milking their older/richer fanbase for actual disc sets and special remasters, etc. (If I remember correctly, it took them froever to just get on iTunes in general)

Top Bottom