• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Ashhong

Right, but I don't want to download them. I like having my music just streamed to me, but I also like having a small icon differentiate what I own and what I don't.

For example:

I own Billy Talent II, but have just added Billy Talent to My Music. But there's no way to see which one I own and which I don't

Ah ok. I don't see why you would need to have that but different needs for different people I guess.

Ashhong

This is what I saw before the trial.

Now.

On my iPad I can see my music just fine.

And you have Purity Ring downloaded to your iPHone? Their name should still show on the My Music. It does for me at least.

touch the little Artists word thing and there's a toggle for viewing music on the local thing or all your music. Confounded me at first. Not the most intuitive thing.

This would only remove the music that is not currently downloaded to his phone. I think he is missing music that IS downloaded.

Because I still buy music from iTunes. It's not anything that would change my listening habits, but it's just information I like to have

Right, I get that. Maybe they didn't want to clutter it with yet another icon, or maybe it's in the works lol

Skelter

Banned
touch the little Artists word thing and there's a toggle for viewing music on the local thing or all your music. Confounded me at first. Not the most intuitive thing.

Wow, so I clicked on it to find out all my downloaded songs aren't on my phone. Derp. Time to resync.

Skelter

Banned
And you have Purity Ring downloaded to your iPHone? Their name should still show on the My Music. It does for me at least.

This would only remove the music that is not currently downloaded to his phone. I think he is missing music that IS downloaded.

Right, I get that. Maybe they didn't want to clutter it with yet another icon, or maybe it's in the works lol

It did prior to me starting the trial. After I have no damn idea. Opened up iTunes and I see the space on my phone and Audio is pretty much nonexistent. Don't get it. I updated my iPad and synced it just fine and everything is there.

EDIT: Well it's fine now. Just annoying to have to move so copy so much music back into my phone.

Beats 1 playing this old school Eminem track really shows how much clean versions of tracks are so inferior.

Edit: That being said, I REALLY enjoy what they're going with here, diversity wise. So many amazing music so far.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Oh, I thought it was up for Mac. How are people using it then, just through iPhone and iPod?

I haven't updated yet, I'm in the process of updating to iOS 8.4. From the thread, most people are using Apple Music via iPhone and iPads.

On another note, can you make an entire playlist available offline or do you have to manually select each song? Thanks!

I am sold on Apple Music.

1. All of K-Pop is there. Huge deal breaker
2. Sound System is the best radio station that I have heard today.

I just need a smaller device to run this without using my iPad. It might be time to find an iPhone for cheap

Liquid_015

Gold Member

I just need a smaller device to run this without using my iPad. It might be time to find an iPhone for cheap

Fuck yes! That's all that matters. Spotify can't compare to the range of K-pop songs available on iTunes.

Next step, Apple Music for students i.e., student discount pricing please! :)

Apple Music is pretty much what I was hoping it would, obviously there are bugs but that's expected for a day 1 experience for a cloud based sevice

FYI, if you want to disable the Connect nonsense, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and disable "Apple Music Connect".

The former Connect tab in the Music app is replaced by Playlists. Way better IMO.
Thank you, can't believe they disabled being able to customize the bottom bar.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to see the songs that you've "hearted?" I just assumed they were being added to a list somewhere.

Oh goodness I just realized Apple Music has all of BoA's awesome 2009 english dancepop album, Spotify only had one song.

Praise Apple Music.

Symphonic

FYI, if you want to disable the Connect nonsense, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and disable "Apple Music Connect".

The former Connect tab in the Music app is replaced by Playlists. Way better IMO.

Glad there's an option, but everyone, please give it a chance. Connect is a superior Ping attempt and could really help artists get their name out there if Apple decides to expand it to web.

If they don't decide to expand it to web... well, you know.

Seemed pretty smooth to me to be honest. We never got an ETA on iTunes, so everything's going to plan IMO.

There's a "Try It Now" link on the official Apple Music page - it automatically downloads the old iTunes desktop app. Lots of people are getting fooled by it. Not exactly smooth.

Ashhong

It did prior to me starting the trial. After I have no damn idea. Opened up iTunes and I see the space on my phone and Audio is pretty much nonexistent. Don't get it. I updated my iPad and synced it just fine and everything is there.

Odd, it must have gotten removed somehow. Once you resync it is should look like how it looked pre-trial. My "Library" page shows every artist that is on my phone and that I saved from Music

Kpop library sold me on it too. It's missing the majority of T-ara stuff though. But Spotify has like 1 song, so AM wins.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
If I sign up for the trail does it automatically sign up for iTunes Match? Are they the same thing now? I'm confused

jts

...hate me...
Seemed pretty smooth to me to be honest. We never got an ETA on iTunes, so everything's going to plan IMO.
Then the plan is not very good. If we go the Apple Music page, we are informed under iTunes that we need to download the latest version, together with a download link, which takes us to 12.1.12, being the latest version, and it doesn't support Apple Music.

Also, 10.10.4 was released today at the the time iTunes would've been too, if it were to be on time for Apple Music's launch. Not a big stretch to imagine something went wrong with it and it was pulled.

X-Frame

So can I "follow" other users (not just Artists) as well as subscribe/follow their public playlists like Spotify? Otherwise what is the point of everyone's @ username?

That is the only real huge difference that I am seeing between the two, at least to me.

Symphonic

Has Apple actually said iTunes would get it's Apple Music fix today or is it just wishful thinking?

Someone comment on the forums recently that it wasn't coming today due to DRM issues, other people have said it's coming today and has just been delayed several times.

Honest answer: who the fuck knows

Timan

Developer
Odd, it must have gotten removed somehow. Once you resync it is should look like how it looked pre-trial. My "Library" page shows every artist that is on my phone and that I saved from Music

Kpop library sold me on it too. It's missing the majority of T-ara stuff though. But Spotify has like 1 song, so AM wins.

Can't find Charisma.com :(

Shady859

Answering my own question from earlier. I had $2.xx on my account and couldn't sign up (insufficient funds) but a grabbed a gift card from Ebay deal and it worked fine and they did not take any money from my balance for the trial. Odd way to handle signing up but oh well I'll spend the credit and don't like having credit cards tied to any of my accounts.

Has Apple actually said iTunes would get it's Apple Music fix today or is it just wishful thinking?

Apple Music page says 'Try it now', opens up iTunes and nothing happens. Several links in iTunes force you to update to 12.2, open up the iTunes download page and show the old version. It's very obvious that something went wrong on their side.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Confused. When I set up a new playlist from "Apple Music Playlist" nothing shows up. How do you make playlist show up only under "apple music playlist"?

Apple Music page says 'Try it now', opens up iTunes and nothing happens. Several links in iTunes force you to update to 12.2, open up the iTunes download page and show the old version. It's very obvious that something went wrong on their side.

Yup. "Try It Now!" Fuckin' old iTunes downloads. WTF?

subrock

There's a "Try It Now" link on the official Apple Music page - it automatically downloads the old iTunes desktop app. Lots of people are getting fooled by it. Not exactly smooth.

What a mess!

edit: let's try to keep in mind that we're in the cmd+r crowd. Things are going just fine.

Top Bottom