• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Skelter

Banned
Odd, it must have gotten removed somehow. Once you resync it is should look like how it looked pre-trial. My "Library" page shows every artist that is on my phone and that I saved from Music.

I'm good now. Just annoying since I had to resync 4 times. No idea what happened. Fine now though.

Phreaker

So did we ever get an answer about what the point of iTunes Match is if you subscribe to this service? Is iTunes Match a complete subset of iTunes Music?

iTunes match allows you to store your music, which might not be on iTunes in iCloud so you can listen to it from there. Lots of my old "12 remixes on vinyl, as an example, are not on iTunes. However, I ripped them and uploaded them so that they are in my library in the cloud. Still, the service is probably less attractive now if you can stream most of the iTunes library with Apple Music.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, what the hell...

I'm "hearting" and selecting "add to my music" for the songs I like from the Radio, but where in the world are they supposed to appear? I can't find them anywhere in the app. This thing is starting to really frustrate me.

ecurbj

Man, what the hell...

I'm "hearting" and selecting "add to my music" for the songs I like from the Radio, but where in the world are they supposed to appear? I can't find them anywhere in the app. This thing is starting to really frustrate me.
Are hearting on Beats 1 radio station or a radio station you made up?

HUELEN10

Man, what the hell...

Have you tried quitting the app and relaunching it?

Xater

Man, what the hell...

Is your music set to only show local songs? If that is the case you don't see the songs you added to it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Have you tried quitting the app and relaunching it?

Heh, that did it.

They better fix that like tomorrow if they expect anyone to use this thing.

Are hearting on Beats 1 radio station or a radio station you made up?

Both. Turns out hearts don't do a damn thing on Beats 1 and apparently (maybe?) help dictate what shows up on custom radio stations?

Does the three month free trial just start from today and ends three months from now or does it start when you try it out for the first time and end three months after that point?

Ashhong

It's weird. Both their albums were on iTunes before. Hell I bought their first one. Now I can't find either with Apple Music.

Different licensing for streaming vs. selling on iTunes unfortunately.

Man, what the hell...

Anything you add to your music should show up on the "My Music" tab under Library. Click on "Artists" on the "Library" page and make sure "Show Music Available Offline" is not selected.

Is there easy way to simply press one button and have a song added to a list of some sort, similar to Spotify's "Save" feature? All of those chosen songs would go to the "My Music" list and I would be able to play them.

giga

ITUNES IS LIVE

ebblrx0.png

Bumhead

Banned
My experience with this has been overwhelmingly positive so far. Just been populating My Music with all sorts of stuff, and I've already found myself checking out some things I've never heard before.

The only two artists/albums I've searched for that aren't available are London Grammar and Metallica - Ride The Lightning (I think Kill 'Em All is also missing). But other than that I've been surprised by some of the stuff I have been searching for that is available.

Moozo

This is great, but PLEASE stop dicking with my album artwork. If you have demos/unreleased/live tracks it really screws everything up

number11

One thing I hate is how setting up iCloud music library has replaced all my local file's artwork.

Edit: lol at the timing. Guy above knows what I'm talking about.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there easy way to simply press one button and have a song added to a list of some sort, similar to Spotify's "Save" feature? All of those chosen songs would go to the "My Music" list and I would be able to play them.

That's what I hoped the "heart" feature would be :(. That's really what it needs to be.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am sold on Apple Music.

1. All of K-Pop is there. Huge deal breaker
2. Sound System is the best radio station that I have heard today.

I just need a smaller device to run this without using my iPad. It might be time to find an iPhone for cheap

What's the oldest iPhone that will run 8.4 well - 5c?

jstripes

Banned
Well, I'm liking it so far. Seems way more intuitive than Spotify, and I love human curation. There's only so much computer algorithms can do.

I got that 3 months for 99¢ Spotify trial, and I've used it maybe 2 times.

Anyway, I wish you could "like" individual songs in the Beats 1 stream, because I imagine that goes into shaping your recommendations.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Im moving my spotify playlist onto Apple Music. And fml (in a good way), I can find almost all of my songs. The only song I couldn't find was a k-pop song lol.

I can't even access my app store on my mac lol. Servers getting hammered?!

Alright, sweet. iTunes updating. Now I just need iOS 9.0 beta 3? Pretty please Apple.

Not necessarily, just turn on "iCloud music library" via Settings -> Music and all your online content you set up via another device will show up on the iOS 9 device. A workaround, at least.

Top Bottom