• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

jts

...hate me...
Aw hell naw don't hate on 2010's. Pretty bold step up from the skewmorphic icon. That deep blue button wasn't bad, especially for the non-flat standards at that time.

Not necessarily, just turn on "iCloud music library" via Settings -> Music and all your online content you set up via another device will show up on the iOS 9 device. A workaround, at least.

Great tip, thanks!

giga

Aw hell naw don't hate on 2010's. Pretty bold step up from the skewmorphic icon. That deep blue button wasn't bad, especially for the non-flat standards at that time.
It literally killed my mother so it deserves all the hate it gets.

HUELEN10

It was better with the silver inner part than the black one tho.

iTunes match allows you to store your music, which might not be on iTunes in iCloud so you can listen to it from there. Lots of my old "12 remixes on vinyl, as an example, are not on iTunes. However, I ripped them and uploaded them so that they are in my library in the cloud. Still, the service is probably less attractive now if you can stream most of the iTunes library with Apple Music.

I don't think that's what the user meant. They meant what was the point in it if you get the same matching feature as part of the Apple Music subscription. I think the point in having them separate is for individuals who don't want to pay 9.99 every month and stream music and just want a locker for purchased music.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ITUNES IS LIVE

ebblrx0.png
Finally. I tried editing a long playlist on the iPad and I started crying.

Ashhong

I'm not a huge fan of how every "Search" option is independent of the tab. Meaning I could search for an artist while under For You, and then I can search for another one under "New" and they would both be saved on that search. I would prefer to press Search and it take me to a "Search" tab or something. It's saving my searches under every tab until I back out of it.

Ashhong

This might be better suited for an iOS thread, but since updating to 8.4, do any of you guys have a small portion of your background showing on the edge when placing a call? I see the background image on the bottom and right edge. Definitely looks off

Mortemis

Banned
Just got the iTunes update. And wow, didn't know they changed the icon.

Literally flipped to the new one the moment I opened it up.

Time to try this out.

grrr, all the stuff i added from my phone still isn't working correctly in 12.2 (no artwork, can't play/download) guess i have to remove it/re-add it.

Russia here. Everything works fine on my iPhone. Selection is good. Greyed out albums scared me for a minute but it was just Explicit setting. No Beats 1 though :(

Kinsella

Banned
The iTunes UI is pretty unintuitive. Was excited when they claimed that the music selection would be what they sell in the iTunes store, but I seem to be running into the same omissions in albums that I get in Spotify (no Make It Rain in the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack).

Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance.

So, my wife and I share my iTunes account across our devices.

1) How does family sharing work? Is it a sub account under my email account that is designated to her and her alone or does family sharing simply bind multiple Apple IDs (accounts) together for sharing?

2) If the latter, wouldn't I just continue to sign up for a one member subscription for Apple Music and we continue accessing the service on our respective devices?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Right, so now I know why my content is not syncing onto my iPad. 90 day rule. I recently watched some TV shows with my US account on my iPad. Now I am locked out of my UK account for the next 67 days still. I didn't realise that even though I can stream full well any song with my UK Apple Music account, I can't add any songs to my cloud library, and my iPad refuses to show my library. What a weird and messy implementation

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I like the new music app. haven't used Apple Music yet, but I have very little need for music streaming services anyway.

Mitch

Banned
How do I port everything I've done on my phone to my Mac?

edit: nevermind, it took a few minutes for all of it to update on iTunes

So all the changes I've made to album and song titles ported over from iTunes, but the Artwork doesn't appear to do the same for some reason, so the artwork is different between phone and Mac if you've changed it.

Phreaker

I don't think that's what the user meant. They meant what was the point in it if you get the same matching feature as part of the Apple Music subscription. I think the point in having them separate is for individuals who don't want to pay 9.99 every month and stream music and just want a locker for purchased music.

Oh I see. I am that person I think, or have been. I usually buy new music from iTunes, but I had a ton of old stuff that I ripped and had iTunes "Match", including lots of stuff not on iTunes that got uploaded to iCloud. I've had iTunes Match since the service started and I really like it. I use it every day.

I'm trying out Apple Music while it's free, but I am not sure if I'll sub. If I do, I think I'd stop buying music. That is the appeal for these services, right? That would mean I'd need to sub to a streaming service the rest of my life to hear "my" music. That or go out and buy music that I had been streaming.

Top Bottom