• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

SeanR1221

I found these "A List" playlists for different genres. It looks like all recent top hit songs. I'm guessing these get updated by apple to reflect what's current?

this is an absolute piece of garbage software. I locally sync my iTunes via USB cord, yet only half of my songs show up when I toggle it to offline mode. I have an idea that iCloud Library is causing the issue so I'll probably turn that off somehow

If you turn iCloud off it disables my music, you can't save music or download for offline use

Quasar

So here is a iCloud Library question.

I have albums that got matched with the wrong things (like Use Your Illusion 1& 2 with some random live album). How do you unmatch them and get it to try again?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
One way this is killing Spotify to me is discovery. The For You tab is really spot on with what it thinks I'd like to hear after a few rounds of likes. I use the phone version of Spotify but I can't remember anything discovery-wise that led me to different bands. It's what I'd pay for if they're both the same price, definitely.

holygeesus

Banned
Noticed my first album that is on AM but not Spotify (well apart from 1989 natch) the Dead Man's Shoes soundtrack. Woo. It's a start.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does this thing just sometimes not work at all for anyone else?

Closing the app, switching to Wi-Fi (or to LTE), etc. does nothing. It just tries to load songs, but fails to stream them.

It's happened well over five times since the app launched.

Does this thing just sometimes not work at all for anyone else?

Closing the app, switching to Wi-Fi (or to LTE), etc. does nothing. It just tries to load songs, but fails to stream them.

It's happened well over five times since the app launched.

I have had the whole App freeze a few times... it always seems to happen if I am listening to Beats 1 and then try to manually search a song and add it to My Music. I have to close app and reopen each time. It seems to be a repeatable bug for me, so I think Apple should know about it.

Weirdly enough, ever since I have downloaded the iOS9 Beta, I have had less crashes - although the Beats 1 page is slightly messed up on this firmware (still useable though).

Ashhong

Yea I also noticed that removing a matched song from your iCloud account (using iOS) also deletes that song from your hard drive. The track doesn't even go in the trash.

You have the option to re-download it.. But obviously the apple match version.

Wait so if I press remove download on my iPhone, the physically file will delete from my PC????

solarus

Having used spotify for years, apple music despite being a buggy and laggy is really amazing in terms of its recommendations and curations- its what I really want out of a music service, it has me listening much more than I normally do. I'm also trying google music for the second time with a trial and it doesn't really compare in terms of curation and discovery either I find, apple music is really spot on. Godamnit Apple offer student pricing and an android app that hopefully isn't garbage and I'll switch.

KingKong

It's amazing how much worse of an experience Apple Music is on iTunes (Mac) than on the iPhone. You can really see where the effort went. I'd expect a new Music app at some point like how they went from iPhoto to Photos

I think it is, but the playlist was presented to me because of the For You algorithms trying to give me something I like - which it did.

Ah, I understand what you mean now.

The For You really is pretty good. Glad that carried over from Beats.

And yes iTunes needs to be built from the ground up or Apple Music given a separate app. Other than uploading some personal music haven't touched it in a long time.

Phreaker

Anyone else notice that when playing a radio station such as Pure Pop, that the heart has replaced the star as a way to favorite things?

That is how the stations worked previously. The star lets you mark a song you enjoy vs one you don't want to hear again, like a Pandora station.

That is how the stations worked previously. The star lets you mark a song you enjoy vs one you don't want to hear again, like a Pandora station.

I know. My point being that now some stations have a heart instead of the star. It doesn't seem to be consistent across the board anymore. If I choose a station like Pure Pop, there is no star anymore, there is a heart that operates to help your For You suggestions. If you start at station from an individual song, there is a star not a heart and it works like the thumbs up/down on Pandora. I'm trying to figure out why the featured stations no longer operate like Pandora and now instead have the heart while stations created from a song operate have the star and operate like Pandora. Shouldn't all of the radio stations operate like Pandora?

Sobriquet

One way this is killing Spotify to me is discovery. The For You tab is really spot on with what it thinks I'd like to hear after a few rounds of likes. I use the phone version of Spotify but I can't remember anything discovery-wise that led me to different bands. It's what I'd pay for if they're both the same price, definitely.

It's showing me a bunch of stuff I already own, which is weird. I was constantly finding new bands on Spotify.

Future

WHy does this thing add unticked music to the iCloud Library, and then match them on my phone?

If you have unticked remixes or live versions it matches them as the studio versions so you just end up with a load of duplicates with incorrect titles.

edit: lmao

this whole thing is a joke

Got a live album which has been given totally the wrong artwork. Renamed several of the songs to try and match the version on iTunes Store and instead it matched the studio versions. Right click>remove download to try and get the right version back and it WIPED the live track from my LOCAL FILES. Gone. Not even in recycle bin. Just gone. A file I had imported from a CD. Fucking ridiculous.

It won't even put some of the local tracks on my phone. Why oh why can it not just continue syncing local files normally??

This right here is absolutely ridiculous. The fact it can modify your local files this way... Insane. Hopefully everyone has backups

TimFL

So here is a iCloud Library question.

I have albums that got matched with the wrong things (like Use Your Illusion 1& 2 with some random live album). How do you unmatch them and get it to try again?

Remove them and add them again but edit the artist to some nonsense. It will try to match it but fail & upload your local copy. Once your song is in the cloud you can revert the changes in iTunes (it will sync up any metadata changes).
That's how I got most soundtracks on AM (add them directly in-app, remove grey titles, upload grey titles with unrecognizable metadata)

Aiii

So not worth it
So I made a couple of playlists in the Music app on my iPad and I'm trying to find them on iTunes on my work laptop but I'm having no luck, my saved music isn't showing up either in My Music. All I'm getting is my local stuff. Sorry if this been asked before, but is there something else I need to do to get to my stuff?

-Edit: Fixed itself after re-authorizing iTunes, not sure what happened, but working now.

igor

Does anyone have a problem accessing MIA's new video off Connect? On every device I am getting an error message : /

Another problem I have is that some songs in the albums I've bought simply don't show:

91G27wK.png

I am trying to add them but to no avail. I have deleted and redownloaded the album and the same thing happens :/ I had no problem with it on my iPod though.

- Fixes an issue for iTunes Match where iTunes incorrectly changed some songs from Matched to Apple Music.
- Provides a way to correct a library problem affecting former iTunes Match subscribers.
- Includes minor bug fixes and improvements for Beats 1.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Looks like iTunes 12.12.1 is out on Mac at least. Supposedly fixes issues with iTunes Match songs incorrectly being turned into Apple Music songs and being DRMed and some Beats1 issues.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/07/13/itunes-12-2-1-match-music-beats-1-fixes/

will check it out. I'm just hoping it fixes the weird "you have been disconnected from Apple Music" when trying to add certain songs. For instance my iTunes still doesn't show I added Halsey - New Americana.. I am guessing there is something weird with the song though.. because my iPad didn't show it.. so I added it there. Fine. iTunes didn't show it, but when I try adding it there I get the cloud-with-lightning icon saying I've been disconnected.

will check it out. I'm just hoping it fixes the weird "you have been disconnected from Apple Music" when trying to add certain songs. For instance my iTunes still doesn't show I added Halsey - New Americana.. I am guessing there is something weird with the song though.. because my iPad didn't show it.. so I added it there. Fine. iTunes didn't show it, but when I try adding it there I get the cloud-with-lightning icon saying I've been disconnected.

Don't think it does, I had the same issue with a new single and it's still doing it.

borghe

Don't think it does, I had the same issue with a new single and it's still doing it.

yeah, it seems like it's per song, because Coheed and Cambria's new single added to my actual iCloud Music Library just fine across all devices. So maybe not sure it's an iTunes specific bug.

edit - what IS an itunes bug is shit from my library randomly showing up in recently added, but ONLY in iTunes.. the rest of my devices look normal, but itunes shows that stuff correctly, but then peppered throughout my actual Recently Added is stuff I've had in Match for years... grrr..

neshcom

Banned
- Fixes an issue for iTunes Match where iTunes incorrectly changed some songs from Matched to Apple Music.
- Provides a way to correct a library problem affecting former iTunes Match subscribers.
- Includes minor bug fixes and improvements for Beats 1.
Nice. Hope this fixed the issue that ruined my playlist.

right I am struggling with this:

Apple music on my iPad, works, add songs to my music and make play lists.

Those playlists and songs show up on my work PC Apple Music.

None of this shows up on my home PC or my iPhone I have to manually add and create it all again, it's like its not sharing even though I am signed in to the same account on all devices.

Any ideas?

right I am struggling with this:

Apple music on my iPad, works, add songs to my music and make play lists.

Those playlists and songs show up on my work PC Apple Music.

None of this shows up on my home PC or my iPhone I have to manually add and create it all again, it's like its not sharing even though I am signed in to the same account on all devices.

Any ideas?

you have apple music and iCloud library on the home PC and iPhone? same account?

Bildocube

Apple Music appears to be a buggy mess. Is anyone else unable to play any music whatsoever including iTunes bought music pre-Apple Music rollout? I get either "Could not connect to server" or it just refuses to play a song and skip to the next song, rinse repeat. Or is it just me?

It looks like they fixed hearting tracks on Beats 1 (seems to properly reset state), though now the heart icon is hidden on some tracks for some reason.

borghe

They removed it per station it looks like. You have to got to Settings General Restrictions now and turn off explicit in there for all of Music.

Noticed that for some reason a playlist I made of all song from Apple Music isn't syncing properly to my iPad. I made the playlist on my iPhone, and the list shows up on iPad but it's completely empty. I've tried disabling and re-enabling iCloud Music Library and still not fixed.

borghe

Noticed that for some reason a playlist I made of all song from Apple Music isn't syncing properly to my iPad. I made the playlist on my iPhone, and the list shows up on iPad but it's completely empty. I've tried disabling and re-enabling iCloud Music Library and still not fixed.
Check if Show Songs Available Offline is selected on your iPad. Sounds exactly like what it might be.

border

They removed it per station it looks like. You have to got to Settings General Restrictions now and turn off explicit in there for all of Music.

So I have to turn off Explicit Music at the OS level? And I presume that will prevent me from playing explicit songs even when I'm not using the streaming service?

Check if Show Songs Available Offline is selected on your iPad. Sounds exactly like what it might be.

It is not. It's the first thing I checked. What's weird is that it's syncing everything except that one playlist. Music I added to My Music is syncing properly and playlists that I've made with my iTunes Match stuff are syncing properly too.

Quasar

Remove them and add them again but edit the artist to some nonsense. It will try to match it but fail & upload your local copy. Once your song is in the cloud you can revert the changes in iTunes (it will sync up any metadata changes).
That's how I got most soundtracks on AM (add them directly in-app, remove grey titles, upload grey titles with unrecognizable metadata)

Thanks. I'll try that. Such a hassle this is.

Sean

Banned
Seems like my iCloud Music Library is fucked or something.

1. Added Halsey's new single on my iPhone and it wasn't showing up under "My Music" in iTunes. So I deleted it from the phone to try again.
2. But then it wouldn't add to my phone!
3. Same thing on my iPad.
4. Same thing on iTunes.

Basically can't get this song in My Music library no matter what I do. Toggled iCloud Music Library on/off twice now. Seems to be in this weird state where it looks like it adds it, and it does show up when I search for it in My Music (on the iPhone only). But it doesn't show up in Recently Added on my iPhone, nor does it show up on any other device at all... Might have to do with me installing the new iTunes 12.2.1 update today? IDK, stuff like this makes me lose confidence a bit.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Is there any fix yet to using the music app on a mobile network? It is a tad frustrating that I have to turn on mobile data usage but turn off app updates if I want to use my mobile data, to which I then forget to change back when I'm on wifi. Its actually starting to push me away from using the app anymore and sticking with Google Music.

Top Bottom