• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Wreav

Banned
Cancelled Spotify and stuck with Apple. I don't buy digital music, so I don't give a rip about the weird library issues, not a problem for me.

I think Apple has better content, even if the UI is jankier. Siri integration is the killer feature for me.

I can't believe how utterly SHIT iTunes is on PC. Holy hell this is really pissing me off. You can't even navigate it. I can't even seem to synchronize my iPhone and my iTunes to contain the same music. What is this?

I'm not paying another month for this abomination.

Wow.

Quasar

Cancelled Spotify and stuck with Apple. I don't buy digital music, so I don't give a rip about the weird library issues, not a problem for me.

I think Apple has better content, even if the UI is jankier. Siri integration is the killer feature for me.

You know if siri worked for me I might have stuck around. In the end I went cheap and went with having my music on google music and using spotify when I needed stuff I didn't own. In the end really it came down to me being antsy about paying for a service that didn't have all the music I'd like to listen to.

number11

I've been listening to the radio stations for the first time today.. And they're actually not that that bad. I can definitely see myself listening to the 'chill' station all evening.

The radio stations have been pretty good. From the suggestion above, I checked out "Chill" while driving. Good stuff. Normally it's alternative and metal for me.

I believe when iTunes Radio first started, a lot of the songs repeated which was not good. After Beats got bought out, Ian Rogers was in charge of the radio portion of Apple Music and it's improved. Hopefully it keeps going!

holygeesus

Banned
This service is infuriating. I've had weeks of flawless streaming, since returning to them, yet the last few days, it has been hopeless. Stuttering nearly every single track! Nothing has changed my end - same MacBook, same internet connection, same amp, yet I'm getting drop-outs constantly. The annoying thing is it doesn't seem a widespread problem as I'm hearing nothing elsewhere on other forums.

How can this be such a big deal? A track is what 4-5mb in size tops, which my internet speed is capable of downloading in less than a second - how difficult is it to buffer that to memory while the previous track is playing? Seriously, I could write a program to do that, yet Apple's developers can't? It blows my mind, truly.

How do I control how much space Apple Music is allowed to use on my iPhone? I cannot figure out how to limit it. And removing separate songs/albums does not seem to be very efficient.

GWX

How do I control how much space Apple Music is allowed to use on my iPhone? I cannot figure out how to limit it. And removing separate songs/albums does not seem to be very efficient.

I've been saying this for months now: it's the biggest problem with Apple Music, even more than the terrible matching service.

I have a weird issue with one of my Alt-J albums. On iTunes the song Taro plays all the way thru. On my phone it stops playing about 1:30 in. (downloaded) Unless I scrub past the 1:30 min mark on the phone. Annoying.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I just went to use my phone on the way home from work and it's deleted ALL my music since about a week after i started using the service. All my own files are there, but any Apple Music stuff I downloaded to the phone (or just added to my collection) is gone; yet it's all visible on my Mac and iPad. All I can think is that I logged out under settings/itunes and app store then back in again, now my music library is wiped. W T F.

This is a disaster and enough to make me go back to Spotify :( WAHHH

I just went to use my phone on the way home from work and it's deleted ALL my music since about a week after i started using the service. All my own files are there, but any Apple Music stuff I downloaded to the phone (or just added to my collection) is gone; yet it's all visible on my Mac and iPad. All I can think is that I logged out under settings/itunes and app store then back in again, now my music library is wiped. W T F.

Have you tried checking the Music section under settings in case iCloud Music library got turned off somehow? That happened to me but turning it on again brought everything right back.

tmdorsey

EDIT: Nevermind just saw that you said it's only been a week after you started using the service.

Tomodachi

As Ninja Kn1ght said, the iCloud library probably switched off on its own under settings. It did the same to me, and when I turned it back on my collection came back but I had to redownload everything from scratch. It's really an hassle and I swear, if it ever happens to me again I'm switching to Spotify :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
An enormous amount of my personal collections on iCloud Music Library went into "waiting" status all of a sudden a few minutes ago, making them impossible to play on all of my devices.

Everything was properly synced for months, but most of my library looks like this right now:

Y8c6Ye1.png

XAsQRTL.png

Probably something to do with iOS 9.1 and the new iTunes update. I saw some posts on reddit with other users having the same problem since some hours ago. I tried some of the suggested solutions (disabling and re-enabling iCloud Music Library, logging on and off, etc), but no dice.

The thing is, my music files are backed up to an external HD and I'd have to move all of it back so it can be synced all over again. Even if that wasn't the case, having to re-sync so many tracks would be annoying as hell. A lot of it became like that.

I have endured the various bugs of the service since it debuted and they actually haven't really bothered me much when they happened occasionally. This one is too big, so I'll unfortunately have to cancel my sub. I have a Mac, an iPad and an iPhone, but, even though Apple Music can be very convenient, I can't continue to pay for a service that can have massive bugs to this extent. It makes it very unreliable.

Not posting about this to make a scene, just doing it in case someone else is also facing this problem and is reading the thread to know if anyone else is having the same issue.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Have you tried checking the Music section under settings in case iCloud Music library got turned off somehow? That happened to me but turning it on again brought everything right back.
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, it was still on but I think logging out of iTunes & App Store in settings screwed it up. So I turned iCloud Music LIbrary off, restarted, turned apple music off, restarted, then turned it back on and then it stalled on 'loading library'. I restarted AGAIN and it's back to normal. Thank god. Dunno how they expect people to figure this stuff out!
As Ninja Kn1ght said, the iCloud library probably switched off on its own under settings. It did the same to me, and when I turned it back on my collection came back but I had to redownload everything from scratch. It's really an hassle and I swear, if it ever happens to me again I'm switching to Spotify :(
This just happened to me, there was no indication the songs weren't actually on the phone anymore, even though I'd previously made them available offline. So I've been playing songs when out and about and sucking up my data allowance without realising. They really need to improve how this thing works. I'm one more bug away from returning to Spotify, too.

KtSlime

For those interested in Japanese music, Apple Music just got a whole lot better, they added a good number of major artists from Sony, SME, King, Universal Sigma, Avex, etc. Still missing Johnny's and Pony Canyon, but many of the glaring holes in the library are now filled. They also added a new Anime category.

I will be sticking with it. Wish Apple would fix some of the 'features', I hate having to reconfigure everything whenever I change my AppStore country.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
For those interested in Japanese music, Apple Music just got a whole lot better, they added a good number of major artists from Sony, SME, King, Universal Sigma, Avex, etc. Still missing Johnny's and Pony Canyon, but many of the glaring holes in the library are now filled. They also added a new Anime category.

I will be sticking with it. Wish Apple would fix some of the 'features', I hate having to reconfigure everything whenever I change my AppStore country.

Is someone compiling a list of stuff that's available?

But, the japanese music is available worldwide or just for the japanese accounts?

btkadams

I still wish there were push notifications for new music by artists I follow. I found a website that does it but it has a 200 artist limit so it became useless for me. (I know 200 sounds like a lot but it isn't with electronic music)

Garou

Johnnys aren't even on the Japanese iTunes Store, I wouldn't hold my breath for those.

KtSlime

I would, but I don't have time. But here's a short list: AKB48 (et. al), Nishino Kana, JUJU, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, KOTOKO, T.M.Revolution, Yuzu, Chemistry, Judy and Mary, LiSA, Egoist, SPYAIR, Haruna Luna, and much more.

But, the japanese music is available worldwide or just for the japanese accounts?

I don't know about other accounts, I got a verbal lashing from Apple's tech support when they saw I had two Apple Music accounts, so I have no idea what's available worldwide anymore.

Johnnys aren't even on the Japanese iTunes Store, I wouldn't hold my breath for those.

Yeah, I'll just have to add them manually.

Quasar

I'd be curious to know given how little has been available to even buy on itunes outside japan. Its why I still buy cds.

Which reminds me of the jpop Music Editor and its playlists (who incidentally does not even appear in the list of editors you had to search for it) where 90% of tracks were all greyed out.

this is kinda' off topic but recently (maybe due to el capitan or perhaps cancelling apple music) my itunes on my mac keeps telling me my 'icloud music library session has expired'. i don't have an icloud music library as far as i can tell.
anyway, if i cancel the request for my apple id itunes will often get stuck 'loading icloud library' and i can't use itunes. any idea how to stop all this shit?

Moozo

this is kinda' off topic but recently (maybe due to el capitan or perhaps cancelling apple music) my itunes on my mac keeps telling me my 'icloud music library session has expired'. i don't have an icloud music library as far as i can tell.
anyway, if i cancel the request for my apple id itunes will often get stuck 'loading icloud library' and i can't use itunes. any idea how to stop all this shit?
Untick Use iCloud Music Library in Preferences?

Guru-Guru

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered before, but anybody know why all the music in my library that I made available offline all of a sudden is no longer available offline? Having to redownload it all again on my shitty wi-fi connection kind of sucks...Also music that I have purchased a long time ago, and subsequently deleted (due to space) all of a sudden was restored back into my library. Confused. Icloud library settings are still on (though I don't have any other devices other then my Iphone with Itunes anyway).

+Aliken+

Does anyone else have painful download (and streaming speeds)?
It's a joke, considering I have +50Mbps download speed wifi.

Well after about a month of use I dig the service, but it needs to chill on the banners (or let me customize) and stop resetting my 'offline only music' setting every time I pull something down from their server. Staaaaaph.

janoDX

I canceled Spotify to try Apple Music during 4 months (3 months trial + 1 paid) what should I expect?...

I already liked that I can find tons of stuff that Spotify doesn't have.

I canceled Spotify to try Apple Music during 4 months (3 months trial + 1 paid) what should I expect?...

I already liked that I can find tons of stuff that Spotify doesn't have.

Spotify has a ton of stuff AM doesn't have. It's a shitty way these services try to differentiate themselves. The huge advantages Spotify has are a simple and intuitive UI, it's available everywhere (including the background on PS4), and it has a free tier. Unless AM can match all of that, it'll never see a dime from me.

Top Bottom