• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

HYkwa9t.png

MmR6TuO.jpg

ixuvYAactYI1T.png

iFPr2Ddr7YfCb.png

Text/Photos

i2oYgqmXQn4lz.png

(Still filling this section out)

LCfiner

My iPad Air is still A-OK. Unless they shock everyone and announce something radically improved instead of a typical upgrade, I’ll stick with what I’ve got.

What I really want is a retina display 27” iMac and a faster Apple TV.

And I’m running the Yosemite PB and it’s pretty great. Looking forward to the full release so devs can release their notification center widgets.

Reposting:

Should I hold back on updating my Mac in case anything goes haywire like the iOS updates or are apple good with their OS X updates?

celebi23

Reposting:

Should I hold back on updating my Mac in case anything goes haywire like the iOS updates or are apple good with their OS X updates?

Yosemite has been pretty solid from what I've read. Based on the whole iOS 8 update debacle, I would still give it a few days to see if any other bugs pop up though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Mostly excited about the OS X release. I've still never owned a tablet because I feel like my cellphone and laptop are enough. I'm still open to having a tablet convince me that I need to own it though.

Reposting:

They have a much better track record with OS X releases, and I've been using the Yosemite Beta for more than a month with no problems at all; that being said, it never hurt anyone to wait a day or two to upgrade.

iwork suite is getting new icons so a small update at least.

would like some more info on apple watch too.

would love to see that new 12 inch Retina MacBook, but as production doesn't start for a couple of months, probably won't see it until early next year.

bionic77

How much are you prepared to pay for a 27" 5k iMac? Dells similar Ultrasharp display is rumoured to be about $2500.
I was hoping that I could get a 27" iMac with a 3 gig fusion drive for under $2300.

I won't buy one if it is more than $3,000.

$2,500 is probably my upper limit and I won't be happy to pay that.

celebi23

iwork suite is getting new icons so a small update at best.

would like some more info on apple watch too.

would love to see that new 12 inch Retina MacBook, but as production doesn't start for a couple of months, probably won't see it until early next year.
Forgot about that :p Adding it to the OP

bionic77

Aye I can see it being a bit too rich for my blood, I'll see what happens with the MacBooks, I can always pair them with a display later.
I always thought that part of the appeal of the iMac was the savings.

It was always cheaper to get the iMac instead of a mini and the screen separately.

Yosemite has been pretty solid from what I've read. Based on the whole iOS 8 update debacle, I would still give it a few days to see if any other bugs pop up though.

I'll probably wait anyway so I can download it quickly, rather than waiting hours for it

They have a much better track record with OS X releases, and I've been using the Yosemite Beta for more than a month with no problems at all; that being said, it never hurt anyone to wait a day or two to upgrade.

What are you using Yosemite beta on?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yosemite beta has been very stable on my 15" rMBP; and it's absolutely beautiful, to boot.

I just really hope Yosemite isn't the buggy piece of shit that iOS 8.0.2 has turned out to be.

I was excited for their next announcement...now I'm just "meh".

Mononoke

Banned
I just really hope Yosemite isn't the buggy piece of shit that iOS 8.0.2 has turned out to be.

I was excited for their next announcement...now I'm just "meh".

Not disagreeing. But what is buggy about iOS 8.0.2? Haven ran into any bugs or crashes yet on my iPhone 6 + I'm sure it is buggy, maybe I just didn't notice. I don't use apps or games as much and mostly just use my devices for safari and using streaming services.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My iPad Air is still A-OK. Unless they shock everyone and announce something radically improved instead of a typical upgrade, I’ll stick with what I’ve got.

What I really want is a retina display 27” iMac and a faster Apple TV.

And I’m running the Yosemite PB and it’s pretty great. Looking forward to the full release so devs can release their notification center widgets.

would upgrade my air if the new one had
- better safari tab handling (whether that means more ram or not)
- laminated display (white ipad with recessed LCD is a bit yeuch)
- exclusive access to the rumoured split screen feature

Would maybe buy into a new apple TV if it had an open app store. I don't even want to play games - mainly media apps. Siri control would be a bonus if done well (and with ios 8.1 bringing 'hey siri' continuous listening)

I'm happy enough with my mini (first one without an optical drive, can't remember the spec) but again might upgrade if they bring something out more like the intel NUCs - a VESA mount would be a nice touch so I could hide it on the back of my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom