• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

Ninja Dom

I notice that I don't get haptic feedback for non-watch apps. They just show up in the notifications trey. Is there no way to enable haptic for all notifications?

Check your notifications on your iPhone.

I have some non-haptic notifications on Watch but these are also non-alert/vibrate notifications when they come in on my iPhone too.

LCfiner

Do you think next year's models will support the bands I've already bought?

I think they will but if Apple decides to make the new watch noticeably thinner by a few mm, then I don't think the connecting pieces will fit. not unless apple changes the sides of the watch to have varying radii instead of one simple half circle like it is now.

I think the watch is thin enough as it is (compared to luxury sports watches. comparing it to thinner phones is not an apples to apples comparison) so I hope they keep the strap components the same for a while longer

Majine

Banned
I wish that when someone FaceTime Video's me, that I can answer it using the watch with FaceTime Audio.

Instead of it just "You can't do that here" on me.

Interesting survey results from imore:
apple-watch-survey-2015-q2-final-xl.jpg

http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-usage-survey-study-2015-q2

The most interesting thing I gathered from that is that I am in the 9% minority that doesn't take and make phone calls on my Watch. 91% is way higher than I would have ever imagined.

Yeah, I agree. I did it once for novelty, but the quality is not there. Hopefully when FaceTime audio works with 2.0 it'll be better.

SeanR1221

High usage on mail.

I just can't use the apple stock mail app. It takes too long to get gmail. I don't want it to fetch, I want it instantly :/

robotrock

Banned
Having this weird issue where notifications will make my phone vibrate AND give me feedback on the watch. The phone vibrates a good 30 seconds before I get the notification on the Watch too. What's going on? How do I fix this?

Ninja Dom

High usage on mail.

I just can't use the apple stock mail app. It takes too long to get gmail. I don't want it to fetch, I want it instantly :/

Same here. I had to abandon the Mail.app when I was finally forced out of being able to setup Gmail as an Exchange account.

I use Mail a ton. It's simply about the convenience especially while I'm at work an can't have my phone in my hand.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised by the mail usage and also the excercise goal.

How are people's leather bands holding up? Mine seems ok but I'm still a little disappointed with the leather. Its really weird. I see people with more natural looking leather bands every day.

cjp

What do you guys think of the Gear S2? I checked one of the short comparison videos on 9to5 and I have to say, I think it looks pretty nice.

The rotating bevel is an interesting idea, but it looks pretty chunky and i'll never understand a circular smartwatch.
UI looks better than Android Wear.

Ferulci

Interesting survey results from imore:
Very insightful, thank you !
I dont know if that's off-topic (sorry if that's the case) but I'm currently working on a prototype of a game based on Knight Route mechanics (merged with some more videogame-like mechanics.) and I'm currently looking for playtesters.
Would anyone of you be interested ?
Here is a work in progress of the game.

Fliesen

I dont know if that's off-topic (sorry if that's the case) but I'm currently working on a prototype of a game based on Knight Route mechanics (merged with some more videogame-like mechanics.) and I'm currently looking for playtesters.

Just take care not to make it too similar in game design to this (BoxPop)

https://youtu.be/O6DseOOEsXk?t=142
(starts at 2:22)

Ferulci

Just take care not to make it too similar in game design to this (BoxPop)

https://youtu.be/O6DseOOEsXk?t=142
(starts at 2:22)

Yes, even though BoxPop is one of the few games that works well on the Watch, the overall concept (except the knight movement) is different. BoxPop is more based on movement optimization (a touched tile cannot be reached again) while our prototype is more focused on beating opposite units.

Fox1304

Is that under WatchOS 2 ? If so, very curious on how it improves the game capacities of the device.
Glad to give you some feedback if you still want some also, feel free to PM me.

MacRumors has also received information about Apple's plans to release at least one new metal finish for the Apple Watch. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo first noted the Apple Watch may gain additional casing options in March, and three months later said a yellow and rose gold Apple Watch Sport will launch in the fall.

Apple is also expected to debut new Apple Watch Sport bands at its September 9th media event, possibly with a focus on darker colors.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/04/apple-new-ipad-keyboard-gold-apple-watch-sport/

Would love a dark blue sport band.

Ninja Dom

Yes. You can see the call on the watch now, you just can't answer it.

Huh, that's neat. I also hope that facetime audio improves call quality, but it's kind of a moot point since no one ever calls me on facetime

What? If somebody FaceTime video calls you then you can answer it on the Watch as a FaceTime audio call? Or the caller has to initiate the call as a FaceTime Audio call in the first place.

In terms of FaceTime audio calls on iOS or OS X, the quality is incredible. The best quality "phonecall" I've ever heard, such a rich beautiful sound and you can instantly tell that it sounds very different to a regular phonecall.

a yellow and rose gold Apple Watch Sport will launch in the fall.

Don't fucking do this to me!! That YouTube self made one in the link looks incredible. I said that I wasn't gonna play the upgrade game with Watch and stick to my Space Grey Sport...but if the do release a Space Grey Sport with yellow or rose gold then I will have to go in for it.

What? If somebody FaceTime video calls you then you can answer it on the Watch as a FaceTime audio call? Or the caller has to initiate the call as a FaceTime Audio call in the first place.

In terms of FaceTime audio calls on iOS or OS X, the quality is incredible. The best quality "phonecall" I've ever heard, such a rich beautiful sound and you can instantly tell that it sounds very different to a regular phonecall.

I don't know about video, i'm guessing it just says answer on your iPhone.

How often are you guys receiving audio calls from Facetime instead of through a normal phone call? Be real

japtor

Calls from family are always FaceTime audio, the quality is so much better.
Other calls from randoms would be through the phone.
Same here. Reception where we all are sucks so we know regular calls have a good chance of dropping and just use FaceTime audio instead.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Really hoping I see a navy sport strap for my 38SS at the conference.
Also my wife would love a gold sport 38.

Wouldn't be surprised to see gold and rose gold sport versions that match the phones. If we see it my guess is October or early next year with a small refresh.

Ninja Dom

How often are you guys receiving audio calls from Facetime instead of through a normal phone call? Be real

Calls from family are always FaceTime audio, the quality is so much better.
Other calls from randoms would be through the phone.

All of my closest friends and my girlfriend are iOS users. Wherever possible, FaceTime audio is used between us over a regular phonecall. Simply, cos it's exactly like infiniteloop says, incredible audio/sound quality.

And I use FaceTime video as often as possible too.

GM seed of Watch OS 2 now available through Software Update in the watch app. Woot wooooooot!

I never dug in to, but being part of the iOS public beta does that also let you access the Watch beat (or in this case the GM)? I feel like when I installed the beta profile on my iPhone that it gave me the option to install one for the WatchOS beta, but I don't remember for sure.

jts

...hate me...
If any of you guys install the OS 2 GM please do me a solid and tell me what languages does it support.

Don’t need to list them all, I am particularly looking if support for any of these has been added:

• Finnish/Suomi
  • Danish
  • Portuguese (Portugal)

Thank you!

riotous

Banned
If any of you guys install the OS 2 GM please do me a solid and tell me what languages does it support.

Don’t need to list them all, I am particularly looking if support for any of these has been added:

Finnish/Suomi
Danish
Portuguese (Portugal)

What in the world possessed you to put those in spoiler tags?

Kattbuss

Hi guys! Sorry if this has been answered before. If I were to install the new GM to my watch by installing the profile that's been going around, will I then get prompts for beta updates when those are available ? Or will I only get regular updates?
If so, is there any way to delete the profile from the watch after updating to GM?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sport gold looks nice, rose gold not so much. Which is funny because with the edition watches the rose gold looks much better than the yellow.

Top Bottom