• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

finalflame

I don't see any lag in these apps... Maybe they are on an updated OS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otCIpLeaB4

Someone clarified over on /r/Apple that it's not native Apple Watch apps that lag (what's shown in the video), it's 3rd party apps that do, because they need to communicate with your iPhone for pretty much everything. Because of this, they are limited to the data transfer rates/reliability of bluetooth.

Basically, as things stand, Apple is not allowing 3rd party developers to directly access the OS on the watch. The watch is just a front for information being sent to apps from an iPhone.

billeh

To get Space Black stainless steel I have to also commit to the expensive buckle? Give me the cheap plastic thing and the sexy watch.

It also seems to be connected to that demo console

The demo units with the actual OS is something they don't want people walking off with I believe.

EDIT: Frickkkkk.. Kinda want the black stainless.. Why? Why???

Ugh 10 mins and I gotta figure out if I want the Sport Black or the Stainless Black (with the link bracelet)

jts

...hate me...
(from instagram)

7vMlMS5.png

Yay or boring as hell?

To get Space Black stainless steel I have to also commit to the expensive buckle? Give me the cheap plastic thing and the sexy watch.

Don't sneer at the Sports Band - it's apparently amazing.

Daring Fireball said:
The Sport Band is a downright revelation — I’d go so far as to call it the most comfortable watch band I’ve ever worn. I’ve rolled my eyes at Apple’s use of fluoroelastomer in lieu of rubber to describe the material of these bands, but it truly does have a premium, richly supple feel to it. The way the end of the band tucks under the other side of the strap — a design Marc Newson first used at Ikepod — is brilliant. Up until now, it struck me as odd that the $10,000 Edition models came with the same bands as the entry-model $349/399 Sport watches. Having worn it, it now strikes me the other way around — that the $349/399 Sport watches are equipped with straps that can genuinely be described as luxurious, fluoroelastomer or not.

I just meant that they seem to be linked to the larger demo screens in an intrinsic way. Maybe they have a beefier processor feeding it data than the iPhone can.

Somehow doubt that. I'm guessing it is native apps like reviewers mentioned and the gaffer above mentioned.

(from instagram)

7vMlMS5.png

Yay or boring as hell?

This is the Sport? Fuck.. Locked in. LET'S DO THIS. That is sexy as hell.

iFirez

(from instagram)

7vMlMS5.png

Yay or boring as hell?

The exact one I'm about to try to preorder. Space Grey Sports Watch with Black Band. Don't want to put to much into this as its a first gen Apple product - going to see how much I like it and if I actually use it/like it then I'l upgrade next time.

Juice

Why are people in this thread so worried about scratches on the glass?

I've owned every iPhone, most of which have had much much weaker gorilla glass than this watch is going to get, and the glass has never scuffed or scratched on anything. And I beat the hell out of my iPhones compared to my wrist.

If anything, look at how scuffed up and schmutzy the stainless steel looks in all these reviews this week. Looks bad compared to the annodized sport IMO

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Done, app worked first.

Shit took 1 minute, literally... Apple Pay is boss as fuck.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
LOL the steel one with the leather buckel is at 6wks at 12:01.
thats not possible

Top Bottom