• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

Well, except the initial batches of Space Black Stainless Steel, those were labeled 5/13-5/27, none of those were estimated for launch day (and you had to order within the first two, two and a half minutes to get that window).

Juice

Well, except the initial batches of Space Black Stainless Steel, those were labeled 5/13-5/27, none of those were estimated for launch day (and you had to order within the first two, two and a half minutes to get that window).

I was in the first 30 seconds or so. I'm fully expecting Friday delivery or I will cry all day and probably die.

DarkWish

Tried it on at the Apple Store today... tried the 42mm Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop, which is what I pre-ordered. I loved it! It felt really nice and looked good too. I also tried on a sport band and I think I'll pick up one of those for when I workout... it's actually pretty comfortable and looked nice too. The link bracelet looked nice as well, but it was getting some of my arm hair caught in it... not as much as typical link bracelets, but still a little.

Can't wait for Friday! (assuming my pre-order arrives on release date)

I ordered by 3:02 est and it looks like I have a May 8th delivery date...

Edit: never mind. My deliveries app freaked out and pulled that date. Apple still says 4/24-5/8.

Damn. Your order updated? Mine hasn't yet

It didn't. See my edit. I thought it did, but for some reason tonight was the first night that the Deliveries app pulled a date. When I look at the order status through Apple it still says 4/24-5/8. Not sure why Deliveries never registered a date before tonight though.

I was in the first 30 seconds or so. I'm fully expecting Friday delivery or I will cry all day and probably die.
If you got a Space Black Stainless Steel, you won't have one on Friday, unless Apple's estimate is wrong. None of those were estimated for the April 24th launch window.

billeh

It didn't. See my edit. I thought it did, but for some reason tonight was the first night that the Deliveries app pulled a date. When I look at the order status through Apple it still says 4/24-5/8. Not sure why Deliveries never registered a date before tonight though.
My heart dropped for a second there. Also ordered at 3:02.

My heart dropped for a second there. Also ordered at 3:02.

Yeah that was my bad. I jumped the gun, as I checked Deliveries and it updated the date. I posted here when I saw that and then decided I should check my order status through Apple and saw my dates hadn't changed at all.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Just going by the iPhone 6 thread, people's orders went from Processing to Preparing To Dispatch 3 days before release, so things might start moving from tomorrow.

rezuth

Tried it on at the Apple Store today... tried the 42mm Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop, which is what I pre-ordered. I loved it! It felt really nice and looked good too. I also tried on a sport band and I think I'll pick up one of those for when I workout... it's actually pretty comfortable and looked nice too. The link bracelet looked nice as well, but it was getting some of my arm hair caught in it... not as much as typical link bracelets, but still a little.

Can't wait for Friday! (assuming my pre-order arrives on release date)

Doesn't every Watch come with a sport band also?

SuperPac

Yeah that was my bad. I jumped the gun, as I checked Deliveries and it updated the date. I posted here when I saw that and then decided I should check my order status through Apple and saw my dates hadn't changed at all.

Same thing happened to me this morning. No idea why the Deliveries app decided to show a date now. Still "Processing Items."

Same thing happened to me this morning. No idea why the Deliveries app decided to show a date now. Still "Processing Items."

Weird. I really do wonder what caused the app to start pulling a date last night and today.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to receive their watch on Friday. I would have thought you'd start hearing about people getting charged and having their orders preparing to shop at this point.

iMax

Weird. I really do wonder what caused the app to start pulling a date last night and today.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to receive their watch on Friday. I would have thought you'd start hearing about people getting charged and having their orders preparing to shop at this point.

I don't think anyone will, except maybe an extremely tiny percentage of individuals—maybe a few thousand units, perhaps.

My thinking is they wouldn't use a launch window, otherwise.

I don't think anyone will, except maybe an extremely tiny percentage of individuals—maybe a few thousand units, perhaps.

Also depends where they're shipping from. So, if from China, then no. But if they've freighted over thousands and thousands over the past few weeks to ensure a smoother launch (a la phone launches) then it's possible they won't announce shipping until a day or two before launch.

But they've almost always used launch windows before, and most people got them on launch day. Admittedly, I think usually the launch window is like 2 or 3 days.

iMax

But they've almost always used launch windows before, and most people got them on launch day. Admittedly, I think usually the launch window is like 2 or 3 days.

I honestly can't recall them ever doing this before. As far as I can remember, all pre-orders initially begun with a firm delivery date and then tapered off as more orders came in.

I honestly can't recall them ever doing this before. As far as I can remember, all pre-orders initially begun with a firm delivery date and then tapered off as more orders came in.

That is normally the way it works. Usually they have a certain number of orders that are given a launch day date, and then it starts slipping to later dates with like a week window. Will normally say something like ships in 2-3 weeks.

kaskade

I'm seeing everyone posting about the deliveries app on macrumors. What's the purpose of using that? Just easier than checking the apple site?

takoyaki

I can't recall them doing that either, if you preordered soon enough you always got a solid date for when to expect the delivery.

If the watches are shipped directly from China, something should happen today or by tomorrow at the latest (going by the iphone6+ launch last year, they began shipping on September 15th for a launch on September 19th)

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/15/apple-begins-shipping-iphone-6-plus-units-out-of-china/

I'm seeing everyone posting about the deliveries app on macrumors. What's the purpose of using that? Just easier than checking the apple site?

It's one app to keep all of your deliveries. Has a notification center widget, and updates in the background to send you push alerts as soon as the status of any of your deliveries changes, including arrivals and departures at shipping facilities along the way.

iMax

That is normally the way it works. Usually they have a certain number of orders that are given a launch day date, and then it starts slipping to later dates with like a week window. Will normally say something like ships in 2-3 weeks.

That's what I'm saying. They've never kicked of pre-orders with supplies constrained beyond the release date from the get go before.

It's started.

It's just people abusing each other. There's hardly any content!

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

Nothing on my order yet. I'm hoping I get it day one... the wait is already killing me.

All this hype around the first wave of shipments is going to kill me. I'm one of the plebs that had to use some gift cards while pre-ordering through the apple site thanks to the App not allowing gift card input. Ended up with a 3:14am order with a May 13-27 shipment.

Then I found out later that I could have ordered via the App and applied gift cards after the fact. Well shit.

All this hype around the first wave of shipments is going to kill me. I'm one of the plebs that had to use some gift cards while pre-ordering through the apple site thanks to the App not allowing gift card input. Ended up with a 3:14am order with a May 13-27 shipment.

Then I found out later that I could have ordered via the App and applied gift cards after the fact. Well shit.

I am June. At least that gives me some time to hear impressions from other early adopters.

Juice

So far there aren't any reports of anyone's orders being updated. The MacRumors article was such a needless bit of clickbait. Of course Apple Watches are moving—that's not news.

Top Bottom