• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

kaskade

I'm sure we'll start seeing some movement either later today or tomorrow. I think they are going to be doing a lot of labeling.

kaskade

I always love the influx of app updates when a new device update comes out. Seeing the apps get native support for the 6 was so nice.

SuperPac

More apps have updated with Watch functionality including Starbucks and Chipotle!

The amount of support this thing is getting is kinda crazy, huh?

I feel like I'm going to try out a million apps for the first few days then realize that I don't need Starbucks and Chipotle apps on my wrist.

I feel like I'm going to try out a million apps for the first few days then realize that I don't need Starbucks and Chipotle apps on my wrist.

This will be the case with a lot of apps that I have as well. I know for sure that some will be pretty useful like ESPN some of the news apps though.

TxdoHawk

I was chiefly looking forward to finally getting Apple Pay support as far as the apps side of things (I only have a 5S)...then I found out my main card (Paypal Business Mastercard) isn't even supported, feh.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I was chiefly looking forward to finally getting Apple Pay support as far as the apps side of things (I only have a 5S)...then I found out my main card (Paypal Business Mastercard) isn't even supported, feh.

this is really the biggest part.. Apple HAS TO get more banks on board.. Not even countries... as Apple Pay could be huge in the US alone thanks to banks' slowness on getting tap2pay out there.. but yeah.. there are still thousands of small banks not on board.

ckohler

Has anyone seen if there is an official Apple podcast app? I see there were a few 3rd party ones but not if there is support for podcasts natively.

Screenshots of the music app on the watch don't show podcasts as an option.

Has anyone seen if there is an official Apple podcast app? I see there were a few 3rd party ones but not if there is support for podcasts natively.

Screenshots of the music app on the watch don't show podcasts as an option.
There's a "Now Playing" glance that reflects whatever is playing on your phone. If it shows up in your control center, then it'll show up in that glance.

btrboyev

More apps have updated with Watch functionality including Starbucks and Chipotle!

The amount of support this thing is getting is kinda crazy, huh?

Microsoft released its sdk for iPhone and android almost two months ago and not one app yet in either store with band compatible apps. Sad.

PSA: If you used Apple Pay and have restored your phone since you placed the order, the charge will not go through. Go to the Apple Store site to update your payment info. This just happened to me. Phone support said that it wouldn't affect my place in line so to speak

kaskade

PSA: If you used Apple Pay and have restored your phone since you placed the order, the charge will not go through. Go to the Apple Store site to update your payment info. This just happened to me. Phone support said that it wouldn't affect my place in line so to speak

Thanks, my order status said I had to update my info. I had Apple replace my 6 for an issue. Glad it won't cause any issues.

Rayme

Oh shit. Had to replace phone a few days ago.

Online it says "Processing Items", and no option for changing the charge info. Blarg.

8DQkiRC.png

It's happening.gif

Top Bottom