• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

ayeorkean

awlz3ubl.jpg

Processing order.... But till 4-6 weeks out. :( I order at 12:10. What are my chances it changes?

Oh its the stingless steel model with black sports band of that matters.

I'm with the 42mm Space Grey Sport group with an estimated 4-6 weeks. No charges or changes in my order.

Bummer. Maybe us 4+ weekers won't get lucky after all. I'll post here if anything changes.

*Edit* My email receipt is time stamped at 3:14am.

Juice

Heh, I ordered two only 30 seconds apart (space gray then pink). Space gray is preparing for shipment but the pink one hasn't charged yet.

Wife is going to kill me if I get mine and she doesn't

SuperPac

Yeah a bunch of folk on macrumors seem to be in my same boat - ordered a 42mm SS Black Sport Band and it hasn't been charged. Gah. UK orders haven't seemingly moved either.

kaskade

Macrumors is so nuts. People losing hope and this has only been going on for like an hour. They have thousands to ship out. Some people are going to get their info updated earlier.

ckohler

42mm SS Black Sport Band?

Ordered at the same time. No change.

Yes, same model. No change yet. 12:03 a.m. is the date on the e-mail I received from Apple.

I didn't pay with Apple Pay, though. I used the credit card that was already associated with my Apple account. It looks like people who used Apple Pay might be processed first?

EDIT: My mistake. I ordered the 42mm Space Grey Sport, not the SS Black. Ignore.

JABEE

Yes, same model. No change yet. 12:03 a.m. is the date on the e-mail I received from Apple.

I didn't pay with Apple Pay, though. I used the credit card that was already associated with my Apple account. It looks like people who used Apple Pay might be processed first?
I don't think any black sport band, SS watches have seen any movement.

Preparing for shipment! (Canada - ordered through app at 12:00:30 - still showing 4/24-8/5)

Damn man...how the hell'd you get in there in under the first minute? I almost want to hear from someone who knows how stress to servers work to know how these things actually bottleneck and what causes some IPs to get through while others can't.

Is there some sort of automatic throttle that kicks in? What's the trick to getting in...? Is there any trick?? I want to be ahead of the curve next time!

Sean

Banned
Ordered three Apple watches, here are my statuses:

- Silver Sport 38mm was charged to my Discover and is preparing for shipment, I assume I'll get it on launch day
- Space Gray Sport 38mm that I ordered at the exact same time as above watch is processing (4/24-5/8) but credit card hasn't been charged yet
- Space Gray Sport 42mm that I ordered on April 10th in the afternoon is processing but still says June

Ergh the wait for mine is going to be horrible.

I preordered in store on Friday evening the 10th and its saying June. I really hope it comes sooner than that. :(

subrock

Damn man...how the hell'd you get in there in under the first minute? I almost want to hear from someone who knows how stress to servers work to know how these things actually bottleneck and what causes some IPs to get through while others can't.

Is there some sort of automatic throttle that kicks in? What's the trick to getting in...? Is there any trick?? I want to be ahead of the curve next time!

I used the app. I'm assuming the app goes up first because they can deploy the API separately from the client and I imagine it's more reliable because the request size is way way smaller than an HTML document

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Woot. Nothing yet but going by other posts here I am reasonably confident I'll get mine on Friday (12:02)

Don't freak out. The launch day units are going to charge over the next day or two.

I used the app. I'm assuming the app goes up first because they can deploy the API separately from the client and I imagine it's more reliable because the request size is way way smaller than an HTML document

The Apple Store app is always the way to go. At almost every launch you can access the store minutes before it goes back up on the web. Plus with Apple Pay, you can get checked out in like 15 seconds.

JCreasy

Well, they charged me for one of the two watches on my order. :O And it's my wife's.

Same. But charged me for mine. My wife's is still holding: "processing order"

I got 42 mm SS, white sport band.

She got 38 mm SS, black sport band.

Looks like the black bands are constrained.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
My 3 orders charged, all switched to preparing to ship. Latest order was in by 12:03. Only the extra black sports band I ordered hasn't charged.

Epix

Are you guys judging order time by the time that the email confirmation came? If that's the case I ordered mine at 12:04 and mine is preparing for shipment.

Is anyone who's order is preparing to ship NOT use Apple Pay?

I didn't use Apple Pay for my watch purchase, I just used the card attached to my iTunes account. I have used Apple Pay through the app before though and it is quite quick.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my watch is preparing for shipment.

Top Bottom