• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

Apple made a statement on the early shipment of some May and June orders.

Apple has some good news for early adopters who ended up with an Apple Watch preorder ship date of late May or June. You may be unboxing Apple’s first-ever wearable sooner than you think.
Earlier today 9to5Mac reported that order statuses on some Apple Watch purchases with delayed delivery dates had suddenly changed from “processing” to “preparing for shipment.”
Turns out this isn’t an anomaly. Apple confirmed to BuzzFeed News that it is indeed shipping Apple Watch orders slated for late spring and early summer delivery ahead of schedule.

“We’re happy to be updating many customers today with the news that their Apple Watch will arrive sooner than expected,” an Apple spokeswoman told BuzzFeed News. “Our team is working to fill orders as quickly as possible based on the available supply and the order in which they were received. We know many customers are still facing long lead times and we appreciate their patience.”

Apple declined to provide further comment on the sudden expediting of some Apple Watch orders, but it’s likely that supply is no longer quite the limiting factor that it was initially. That said, the company’s statement comes with a very clear caveat: the acknowledgement that some customers continue to face “long lead times.” So while Apple may have succeeded in improving ship times for some orders, it’s still grappling with a backlog.

Appleman

Well this makes the band color decision nice and easy if you have an Apple store nearby (unlike me)

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/22/apple-band-only-apple-watch-exchanges/

Still kind of baffled why they didn't just sell the bodies separate from the bands... seems like a lot of these issues would be solved with a sharp reduction in number of SKUs and all of these weird rules

Fuck me, just got charged for my watch but it's the 38mm one that wasn't supposed to ship until June that I had as a backup! Was planning on cancelling that one...

subrock

Still kind of baffled why they didn't just sell the bodies separate from the bands... seems like a lot of these issues would be solved with a sharp reduction in number of SKUs and all of these weird rules
It wouldn't be a very Apple-y experience to get a product that doesn't just work right out if the box.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
They should have reduced all options (excluding the Edition) to just a black or white sports band, and let the customer buy their strap separately.

KaoticBlaze

Ok guys, so just as i finished my rant on losing all hope, i finally get charged. If anyone else ordered a 42mm SS with milanese loop, looks like they're moving along as both my brother and I have been charged for the same watch and band.

finalflame

This is what I'm getting using UPS track by reference. My account is charged and Apple says "Preparing for Shipment". Anyone else?

yL0mwzL.jpg

jayvo

42mm Space Gray ordered at 3:05 AM EST and still only processing. Very irritated with orders that are shipping that came way after mine.

ecurbj

EtSBrv3m.jpg

East Coast here. I ordered at 3:03AM EST.

I finally got charged at 6:17PM and got the "preparing for shipment" a few minutes later.

SuperPac

Still haven't been charged for SS Black Sports band. :(

Same. No charge has come through yet. i have a tracking number for my wife's watch which is preparing for shipment - though that has not actually shipped yet (tracking says it is to be delivered by 4/24 but no movement yet). So, still hopeful here.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yo man people aren't gonna be able to get these watches after the first wave or so for a good long while. Enjoy dat exclusivity that comes with tech lust brehs!

SURGEdude

Did anyone here register for UPS MyChoice? Pretty neat if you haven't received a shipping email from Apple yet. Allows you to see all the shipments coming to you from UPS, and even reschedule or redirect the shipments. I sent mine to a UPS Store so I can pick it up first thing in the morning.

xUA3H02.png

Thanks for the heads up. My 38mm white sport is on it's way for this friday!

Yo man people aren't gonna be able to get these watches after the first wave or so for a good long while. Enjoy dat exclusivity that comes with tech lust brehs!

Some models that were scheduled not to ship until June look like they will arrive on Friday. If you pick the right model the wait may not be that long.

The white sport and SS seem to be in abundance.

Juice

Wait is killing me for my wife's 38mm pink sport to prep for shipping. Mine was charged a full 52 hours ago and I only ordered it 30 seconds sooner (and it was a much more popular model)

whyyyyyy am I so broken.

finalflame

Guys, mine still says preparing for shipment and UPS MyChoice shows no scheduled deliveries for my address. Anyone in CA (Bay Area) already have their shipment showing on UPS?

Edit: Just noticed that the delivery I pulled up on Track by Reference had a service type of "Next Day Air Saver", when the label was created on 4/20 (and subsequently voided).

My guess is for CA or other nearby peeps they'll be shipping tomorrow. Gotta stay strong and BELIEVE.

Guys, mine still says preparing for shipment and UPS MyChoicr shows no scheduled deliveries for my address. Anyone in CA (Bay Area) already have their shipment showing on UPS?

Same here (I'm in Michigan though). According to MacRumors it seems like it's only people in the south so far that have any sort of confirmation with UPS.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
thanks for the tip, checked my ups account 3 boxes from apple set for delivery on Friday. 2 more days...

finalflame

Same here (I'm in Michigan though). According to MacRumors it seems like it's only people in the south so far that have any sort of confirmation with UPS.
Thanks, this confirms my suspicion that they are managing their supply chain to send out orders that aren't as geographically remote closer to release (tomorrow). Fingers crossed.

Thanks, this confirms my suspicion that they are managing their supply chain to send out orders that aren't as geographically remote closer to release (tomorrow). Fingers crossed.

I've got my fingers crossed as well. I've been preparing for shipment for a few days and hope that I get it Friday.

Fuck I wish I could go back in time and order my SS w/ a white sport band. Looks like if you ordered a face with a black sport band, your ass is waiting. Welp good thing I get
50%
off ;) worth the wait!

Sean

Banned
Just got this email from Apple. The order number was for my 38mm Space Gray Sport.

YTtJ4jq.png

Credit card hasn't been charged for this one yet, it isn't listed as preparing shipment on Apple's website (just processing items), and nothing definitive in the email. I'm guessing this is more of a 'sorry, you gotta wait' type thing I guess?

SuperPac

Just got this email from Apple. The order number was for my 38mm Space Gray Sport.

YTtJ4jq.png

Credit card hasn't been charged for this one yet, it isn't listed as preparing shipment on Apple's website (just processing items), and nothing definitive in the email. I'm guessing this is more of a 'sorry, you gotta wait' type thing I guess?

Yeah I just got this too. Although, one of my two watches is preparing to ship. So I don't know what to think. I'm miffed that I put in the order at 3:03 and they don't have the supply to cover it.

japtor

SS is not SG. It is straight up black. Looks 1000 times better than SG. Sadly even slightly less band compatible (looks, and imho) than SG. But man.. Just a gorgeous watch. Guessing the black link bracelet is also amazing looking.
Don't really like the straight links myself (or link bracelets all that much in general), but it does look pretty cool with how it interacts with the light, and this video is probably a better look at space black than static pictures:
http://youtu.be/vUxac05m3CQ
Black SS is, again, also one thousand-god-damned-dollars. :p

It looks good, but it doesn't look $1K good. :)
I figure it's around $500 with a bracelet you can hopefully sell off for around $500.

...that's my justification at least, hopefully I don't end up liking the damn bracelet. When it shows up in July.

YTtJ4jq.png

Just got the same. :(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to hear they give you a heads up. I don't want to keep 820$ in my checking account, so I've been worrying/anticipating the the funds transfer I need to make before they charge me for my preorder. But I'm mid May anyhow so its a while out.

Sean

Banned
Yeah I just got this too. Although, one of my two watches is preparing to ship. So I don't know what to think. I'm miffed that I put in the order at 3:03 and they don't have the supply to cover it.

I've got a watch that is preparing to ship as well (38mm sport white band that I ordered 3:08) but they didn't send me an email about that one. Just the watch that there's been no movement on (ordered 3:04).

So I'm guessing this email is bad news. Apple's way of saying we're working on it but don't expect it Friday.

Top Bottom