• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

B-Ri

So I'm reading a lot of Stainless Steel people's orders havent gone past processing,

Anyone get the Space Gray and still haven't gone past processing?

Namikaze

My Space Grey Sport hasn't shipped yet but I didnt get a shipment notification for my iPhone 6 until like 4am the day of launch (I was 99% convinced I wasn't getting it but I still got it). Still hoping I'll be in the first shipment.

kaskade

My Space Grey Sport hasn't shipped yet but I didnt get a shipment notification for my iPhone 6 until like 4am the day of launch (I was 99% convinced I wasn't getting it but I still got it). Still hoping I'll be in the first shipment.

Yeah, these things are overnighted so we might not see tracking numbers from Apple until tomorrow night.

Also, I've noticed that all the created labels have a ship date of 4/23 making me think they won't "officially" be given out until Thursday anyway. This is my first time ordering something like this from Apple so I'm not sure when iPhone 6 tracking numbers came in anyway since I ordered through Verizon.

Sean

Banned
Apple Watch killer app right here, there goes my diet.

BpTBZlE.jpg
MYVxMMC.jpg
dDqICs7.jpg
6RKEWM4.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I find it very odd that Google doesn't have any Apple Watch apps ready to go. I wonder if Apple is going to keep them off the watch.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I finally got off the fence and just canceled my 38mm pre-order. Every time I looked at it on my wrist in the store it just struck me as a tad too small. Plus the 42 has the better battery life, so I'll deal with it and hope that maybe sometime down the line, Apple makes a 40mm or something. :p I think that would be perfect for me.

billeh

Did anyone here register for UPS MyChoice? Pretty neat if you haven't received a shipping email from Apple yet. Allows you to see all the shipments coming to you from UPS, and even reschedule or redirect the shipments. I sent mine to a UPS Store so I can pick it up first thing in the morning.

xUA3H02.png

Did anyone here register for UPS MyChoice? Pretty neat if you haven't received a shipping email from Apple yet. Allows you to see all the shipments coming to you from UPS, and even reschedule or redirect the shipments. I sent mine to a UPS Store so I can pick it up first thing in the morning.

xUA3H02.png

I've been registered for years, but I haven't gotten an emai from UPS about any deliveries headed my way.

How long did it take for the first wave shipments to go from "preparing for shipment" to shipped/UPS showing a package in MyChoice? My 5.13-5.17 order was charged and switched to preparing for shipment this morning, but I'm starting to worry that it might be stuck at preparing for a few weeks since June orders are being charged and prepared...

How long did it take for the first wave shipments to go from "preparing for shipment" to shipped/UPS showing a package in MyChoice? My 5.13-5.17 order was charged and switched to preparing for shipment this morning, but I'm starting to worry that it might be stuck at preparing for a few weeks since June orders are being charged and prepared...

I think once you are charged you are only a couple of days away from the product being shipped. That's the general rule unless Apple has been known to do things differently.

Namikaze

So Real Racing is getting a companion app..interesting. I think the only Apple watch game I'll mess around with is Watch Quest.

Judging by the June orders that are preparing to ship over at Mac Rumors I am thinking about switching to a 38mm Sport with a white band just to get it earlier.

I plan on switching the strap with a knockoff one down the line so it doesn't make much of a difference.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Judging by the June orders that are preparing to ship over at Mac Rumors I am thinking about switching to a 38mm Sport with a white band just to get it earlier.

I plan on switching the strap with a knockoff one down the line so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Wait, what? Orders that said June are shipping already?

xsarien

daedsiluap

TxdoHawk

The only thing I really don't like about the lack of in-store buying is this potential situation where ordering certain models may have boned us for a launch-day watch, with no easy way to make a second or third choice to ensure it.

Just trying to remind myself that the Space Gray Sport looks awesome and will be worth the (potential) wait.

Guess I ordered the worst model ...
42mm black sport. Not a pip on the shipment :(

Yeah, same here, as expected it looks like this was the most popular model by far in the Sport lineup. Fingers crossed we get some good news today or tomorrow.

Chittagong

Gold Member
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1870941

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1865602&page=9

A few have been popping up on MacRumors. I assumed they were bullshit at first but there has been enough to make me think otherwise.

It's only certain models though.

I am waiting for someone on GAF to say it happened to them.

Well not quite the same, but my 38mm Milanese Loop and 42mm Link Bracelet (bands only) have been moved up significantly from 5-8 weeks to launch window, 28/4 - 11/5

Majine

Banned

xUA3H02.png

For a sec I thought you were checking the order for your Apple Watch on your Apple Watch.

Juice

Starting to get mildly nervous that my wife's watch won't arrive with mine even though I only ordered it 20 seconds after :-(

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The damn thing looks great in black, and the only reason I didn't get the SG SS model is because $1,000 is a lot to fork over for a first-gen smart watch.

Talk to me around gen 3 or 4. :)
SS is not SG. It is straight up black. Looks 1000 times better than SG. Sadly even slightly less band compatible (looks, and imho) than SG. But man.. Just a gorgeous watch. Guessing the black link bracelet is also amazing looking.

Sean

Banned
Starting to get mildly nervous that my wife's watch won't arrive with mine even though I only ordered it 20 seconds after :-(

Other way around here, the watch I bought as a gift for my mom is preparing for shipment but there's been no movement on my personal one. Ugh.

Okay so I just randomly got an email saying that they are processing my order (38mm Sport with White Band). Kinda weird since I ordered it on the 10th. But I checked my bank and it looks like they have charged me. :)

xsarien

daedsiluap
SS is not SG. It is straight up black. Looks 1000 times better than SG. Sadly even slightly less band compatible (looks, and imho) than SG. But man.. Just a gorgeous watch. Guessing the black link bracelet is also amazing looking.

Well, *excuse* me. ;)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Well, *excuse* me. ;)

wasn't trying to be snarky... :p just pointing out that there's a pretty substantial difference on how the SG body looks compared to the BSS body. Like not even close to the same thing. I think it's more likely even that someone like one and not the other.. For instance I really don't find the SG watch to look great... but the BSS watch looks amazing (but damn... so few bands.....)

xsarien

daedsiluap
wasn't trying to be snarky... :p just pointing out that there's a pretty substantial difference on how the SG body looks compared to the BSS body. Like not even close to the same thing. I think it's more likely even that someone like one and not the other.. For instance I really don't find the SG watch to look great... but the BSS watch looks amazing (but damn... so few bands.....)

Black SS is, again, also one thousand-god-damned-dollars. :p

It looks good, but it doesn't look $1K good. :)

KaoticBlaze

I am starting to get impatient and lose hope for Friday delivery. My brother and I both ordered 42mm SS with milanese loop. He received his confirmation email at 3:03am and me at 3:06am both eastern. Both going to the same address. He got charged yesterday and got the "preparing for shipment" email shortly after. I still have not been charged or had my order updated. I hate all this waiting. I just want to know if i will get mine on Friday so i can stop refreshing my email, bank account, and apple order page like a crackhead who needs his fix o_0

Top Bottom