• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

Just reading up this morning. Really, if you didn't want Space Grey Sport you could have ordered some models a few days later and possibly received a shipping update. If you're planning on switching your strap down the line this may be an option.

Just put in a request to have my watch held at a local UPS Store since I most likely wouldn't have been home when they attempted delivery. Waiting for that request to process. Hope it doesn't screw anything up.

kaskade

Got a shipping notification!!!!!

It's on UPS mychoice too so that shipping address problem must have gotten sorted out.

I can rest easy now.

iFirez

Dispatched!

Ordered the Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band at 8:01am (14th) via the Apple Store App and got the dispatch notice this afternoon - ready for delivery tomorrow :D UK here btw.

billeh

Cancelled my reroute to the UPS store, I'm not risking some warehouse worker screwing this up. I'll just hover around the front door all day.

Also worth noting: The tracking number won't list a delivery date until the item is actually in the UPS network.

Dispatched!

Ordered the Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band at 8:01am (14th) via the Apple Store App and got the dispatch notice this afternoon - ready for delivery tomorrow :D UK here btw.

14th?

As in April 14th?

Appleman

So it's confirmed, I have tracking for the watch I ordered three days ago, it's going to be here tomorrow. Still processing on my 3:05 order

jts

...hate me...
14th?

As in April 14th?
Probably a harmless mistake (a mix between 10th and 24th, the key dates), seeing the 8:01am. Pre-orders opened at 8:00am UK time on the 10th.

I really regret I didn't proceed with my order when I saw it was back to 4-6 weeks already (like 5 minutes in), only to put it down anyway half an hour later. Ugh I'm so dumb sometimes.

rezuth

8yq2PYq.gif

Dispatched! Now to keep refreshing UKMail every 10 minutes with the tracking number.

http://youtu.be/Ojh1qLCSWC0

Tim Cook shares your happiness.

Probably a harmless mistake (a mix between 10th and 24th, the key dates), seeing the 8:01am. Pre-orders opened at 8:00am UK time on the 10th.

I really regret I didn't proceed with my order when I saw it was back to 4-6 weeks already (like 5 minutes in), only to put it down anyway half an hour later. Ugh I'm so dumb sometimes.

The only reason I ask is the fact that the June Ship date thread at Macrumors seems to have some activity for those who ordered after the 10th on specific models. UK seems to be very active in that regard.

kaskade

So it's confirmed, I have tracking for the watch I ordered three days ago, it's going to be here tomorrow. Still processing on my 3:05 order

Damn, which one did you order?

I'm just happy UPS must've changed routes and now I get deliveries usually before 12pm vs 6pm. Especially since I have to leave around 3:30 tomorrow. I just want to get it fully charged up so I can have my first day with an Apple Watch.

Hobohodo

The only reason I ask is the fact that the June Ship date thread at Macrumors seems to have some activity for those who ordered after the 10th on specific models. UK seems to be very active in that regard.

Damm it, knew when I was looking at a June dispatch on the Space Grey Sport and a 4-6 week for any of the other Sports I should have just gone with one of them.

Damm it, knew when I was looking at a June dispatch on the Space Grey Sport and a 4-6 week for any of the other Sports I should have just gone with one of them.

The fact that we may be able to exchange our straps on the sport model within the first 14 days has me bouncing around looking at other orders.

I put one in for the white strap silver aluminium since a lot of those were getting shipped ahead of schedule yesterday. The blue seems to be the same. Pink hasn't budged at all though.

B-Ri

Anyone who ordered a 42MM Space Gray Sport have theirs shipping yet? Anyone in the LA area?

I have a 12:03AM PST confirmation email, shipping window os 4/24-5/08, and nada! I've been charged for my Apple Care for the Watch but thats it!

Appleman

Damn, which one did you order?

I'm just happy UPS must've changed routes and now I get deliveries usually before 12pm vs 6pm. Especially since I have to leave around 3:30 tomorrow. I just want to get it fully charged up so I can have my first day with an Apple Watch.

Stainless Steel Black Sport

38mm is coming tomorrow, ordered April 19th with a late May delivery date

42mm still processing, ordered as fast as I could when preorders went up, 24th-8th quoted date.

Bizarre.

Cancelled my reroute to the UPS store, I'm not risking some warehouse worker screwing this up. I'll just hover around the front door all day.

Also worth noting: The tracking number won't list a delivery date until the item is actually in the UPS network.

How long did it take for your reroute to the UPS Store to get processed. I won't be home tomorrow so I changed delivery to the UPS store like 5 minutes from my house. My request has been processing for 3 hours or so. Just wondering if/when I should get concerned that they haven't confirmed that they will indeed reroute it to the UPS Store I selected.

riotous

Banned
Anyone who ordered a 42MM Space Gray Sport have theirs shipping yet? Anyone in the LA area?

I have a 12:03AM PST confirmation email, shipping window os 4/24-5/08, and nada! I've been charged for my Apple Care for the Watch but thats it!

Mine went through at 12:04; Processing + that "your order will arrive between 4/24-5/8" e-mail that many got last night.

I would've had my order go through at like 12:00:10 if my address info wasn't missing from the Apple Store. Very odd since Apple has had all of my info for years.. still had to manually enter my address for billing.. then again for shipping; not even an option to "use billing address."

Was a bit annoying but I'm more patient than many of the people in this thread lol.

I'm actually debating canceling and ordering the 42mm stainless watch; I first saw the watches in person yesterday and I really wasn't feeling the space gray as much as I thought I would.. and the stainless looks much nicer than it does in pictures, where it looks like an OG iphone or something.

Hobohodo

The fact that we may be able to exchange our straps on the sport model within the first 14 days has me bouncing around looking at other orders.

I put one in for the white strap silver aluminium since a lot of those were getting shipped ahead of schedule yesterday. The blue seems to be the same. Pink hasn't budged at all though.

Oh wow really? Where's that being said to? Because yeah may just have to chuck an order down on one of the other bands and get a black band by its self later on.

TxdoHawk

No luck just yet, same watch and my confirmation email came in at the same minute as yours, although I'm on the opposite coast in NJ. Gonna see if anything happens today, but I get the feeling we may have barely missed the cut-off for launch day.

Chittagong

Gold Member
*bump* I don't think so, but every Apple delivery I've had with UKMail has come between 10:30 am- 12:30pm. I wish it was with DPD so you can watch your driver's van inch ever closer to you.

Yeah that's so good. Mohammed will be with you at 17:45-18:00, he has 7 more deliveries before you. Love DPD.

B-Ri

Mine went through at 12:04; Processing + that "your order will arrive between 4/24-5/8" e-mail that many got last night.

I had to call them because my apple pay used a years old address, and the CC number listed on the email receipt was for a card I've never had, which apple customer service had no idea why that happened, later said it was apple pay that did that, then put my real CC in.

No luck just yet, same watch and my confirmation email came in at the same minute as yours, although I'm on the opposite coast in NJ. Gonna see if anything happens today, but I get the feeling we may have barely missed the cut-off for launch day.

I have a feeling were not making launch day, but still ... it took me hours to order my 6 Plus but I got it on launch, how did this take me minutes and I miss out? Blah!

subrock

Damn, still no delivery estimate from Apple or UPS. Considering whether I should delay leaving on my Portland trip for this thing

Edit: Ah, there we go, Apr 27th delivery. Portland here I come. Sucks to be so far away from Ontario.

billeh

How long did it take for your reroute to the UPS Store to get processed. I won't be home tomorrow so I changed delivery to the UPS store like 5 minutes from my house. My request has been processing for 3 hours or so. Just wondering if/when I should get concerned that they haven't confirmed that they will indeed reroute it to the UPS Store I selected.
When I talked to the UPS rep, they said that the request usually gets approved as the parcel begins movement within UPS's network. So for most (if not all) or us in the US, they probably won't be actually in transit until later this evening since it's overnight shipping. That'll be when your request kicks in.

I'd recommend having it held at a customer center over a UPS store if you're close to one. The main difference being the CC is usually the first stop before delivery, whereas your watch will be dropped off by a delivery driver on his route at a UPS store (which may cause a delay).

When I talked to the UPS rep, they said that the request usually gets approved as the parcel begins movement within UPS's network. So for most (if not all) or us in the US, they probably won't be actually in transit until later this evening since it's overnight shipping. That'll be when your request kicks in.

I'd recommend having it held at a customer center over a UPS store if you're close to one. The main difference being the CC is usually the first stop before delivery, whereas your watch will be dropped off by a delivery driver on his route at a UPS store (which may cause a delay).

I'm much closer to multiple UPS Stores than a customer center. My delivery window before I requested the change was 1:45-5:45. So I can't imagine that it would get to the store much later than the late end of my delivery window anyways. Also the UPS Store is open Saturday so worst case I get it then, but I'm hoping that it at least hits the UPS Store in time for me to just stop on my way home from work tomorrow.

charpunk

Woke up this morning to a shipping notification email from Apple, and also one from ups saying my watch will be here tomorrow. Normally ups next day comes early in the morning so I should hopefully have it before work.

TxdoHawk

Kind of bummed about this whole situation, but a guy on MacRumors pointed out something exciting: In a few hours, Australia will be getting their watches and we'll see a big flood of pictures/impressions. Hype!

Maybe the app is bugging out but I ordered an Apple Watch yesterday and it's preparing for shipment right now. 38mm sport white strap. I will update you once I get back to my desk.

My space grey still says processing.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT!! It's shipping!! I ordered the fucking thing yesterday. Edit: Well, preparing to ship. The big blue cancel button is gone.

I am in Canada BTW. Ordered a Sport White Strap Aluminum 38mm yesterday night.

I actually didn't want it to go on this credit card cycle. Oh well. It's an expensive month.

Now I need to figure out how to return my Pebble Time once it arrives. Apparently it has a 30 day guarantee.

Capture_zps8lpqggky.png

Sean

Banned
If anyone owns Phillips Hue lights, they just released an update today with Apple Watch support. Can control all of my lights right from my wrist now, pretty cool.

(Well, it'll be pretty cool when i get my watch in June... *cries*)

Wereroku

Maybe the app is bugging out but I ordered an Apple Watch yesterday and it's preparing for shipment right now. 38mm sport white strap. I will update you once I get back to my desk.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT!! It's shipping!! I ordered the fucking thing yesterday. Edit: Well, preparing to ship. The big blue cancel button is gone.

I actually didn't want it to go on this credit card cycle. Oh well. It's an expensive month.

Now I need to figure out how to return my Pebble Time once it arrives. Apparently it has a 30 day guarantee.

Capture_zps8lpqggky.png

Just contact Pebble they will refund you now. They would probably prefer you not wait until it ships. Also congrats on the lucky Apple Watch. Was hoping one of my friends would pick one up so I could mess with it but they all seem rather indifferent on them.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Just got my shipment notification. Status changed to Shipped with a tracking number. And I can presign for delivery. THANK YOU BASED GOD

Wiz

Spent last night watching the watch guide videos....and now I want one :(

But I am devoted to waiting a couple more years before jumping in

Hobohodo

Capture_zps8lpqggky.png

Fuck it I'm in the UK but I just ordered a 42mm blue sport after reading this. Let's hope ehh?

riotous

Banned
Did anyone get the vague e-mail sent out yesterday with the "4/24-5/8" window being re-stated... then had their watch ship today?

If that combo has happened, I guess there's a chance I'll see my watch this week. But I get the feeling that anyone getting a shipping notice today did not get that e-mail.

Top Bottom