• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

I also have small wrists. I would imagine people may be pissed at you in this thread. Still unsure why Apple didn't just sell the watch without a band.

I imagine those people are waiting for their colour/combo of choice and don't want to compromise. I have had interest in getting another strap from the outset. Not sure which one though.

B-Ri

Ah; you are giving me hope then!

Although IIRC you are a 12:03 order and I'm a 12:04. lol

Still nothing. Fingers crossed I get some good news in the next few hours.

mine has shipped! I have not received an email yet but the order page says shipped and delivering tomorrow!

Cross your fingers, im crossing mine for yours!

EDIT: I had a tracking number on my UPS from two days ago that I couldnt tie to any deliveries for me or for my roommates, turns out its for the Apple watch! Check your UPS accounts!

I have 5 preorders for different models pending. Just waiting to see which gets out first. Hell, i even preordered a pink for safe measure

The pink isn't moving that much.

attachment.php

Edit: Oh shit it arrived early!!!!

shamelessly stolen from Macrumors.

Seems someone has it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Finally tried them on today at the Apple store.
Just my thoughts on them:

• Neither size felt great. 38mm tall a smidge too small, and 42mm high a smidge too big. Wish there was a 40mm high one.
  • Really impressed with the Sport band, felt nice.
  • Super disappointed by the link bracelets. Didn't have a nice feel at all both on the wrist an just holding in my fingers. Not a fan of how it looked in person either. Love the self sizing though which I got to do.
  • Rest of the leather bands felt cheap.
  • Space Gray looked best, but SS looked great too. Black SS was ok, and standard aluminium I didn't like.

So I only like the sport band, the spring bar adapters will be a lifesaver when I do decide to get one.

The pink isn't moving that much.

attachment.php

Edit: Oh shit it arrived early!!!!

shamelessly stolen from Macrumors.

Seems someone has it.

I mean, it is the 24th in Australia so this is probably a good thing.

My order just got switched to "shipped" officially in my orders on the Apple Store page, about 14 hours after UPS notified me of the shipment. I'm stressing it a little bit since I had it rerouted to the nearest UPS customer center so I can pick it up as early as possible tomorrow, but if everything happens like it's supposed to tonight it should make it here on time tomorrow.

The email I received from Apple to confirm shipping doesn't have my apartment number included in my address when it's clearly listed on the information I entered on the website. I am waiting for UPS to update and show my tracking number so I can contact them.

Still nothin' for me.

I passed over the threshold of worrying now and will just take it when it comes. What a roller coaster of a week getting riled up with every new processing wave.

Those of you who won the Apple lottery, enjoy the hell out of those little guys tomorrow!

DarkWish

So nobody will be home for most of the day tomorrow, and there's no pre-sign option this time around... so I'm gonna try and work from home for half a day. Hopefully it comes while I'm at home!

SURGEdude

So nobody will be home for most of the day tomorrow, and there's no pre-sign option this time around... so I'm gonna try and work from home for half a day. Hopefully it comes while I'm at home!

Yeah I'm kinda pissed there is no way to pre-sign. Means a lot of couch sitting on the porch and possibly a few trips to piss in the bushes.

Apple was semi-helpful with my address issue. They asure me they sent my apartment number to UPS despite it not being in my shipping confirmation email.

This makes me nervous.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So once everyone has their watches and we are all done suffering during the wait, shall we be segregated into Stainless Steel vs Aluminum master races?

Ambient80

Hah, so we (my mom and I) stopped by the Apple Store just to check them out. I looked at the SG Sport since that's what I'm getting tomorrow. She loved the band and everything about the watch. So much so that she surprised me and said she'll order the stainless steel version with Milanese loop for me for med school graduation and take mine as her own! Hooray! Moms rule. :)

SURGEdude

Lol, damnit.

I was just sitting here questioning life for a good 5 minutes.

To be fair anybody who is buying a gen 1 Apple Watch for 10k is already insanely rich or just insane. I'm hugely pumped for mine, but knowing full well the 2nd or 3rd revision will be when I dump it for an upgrade where the kinks have been worked out.

Of course I'm not a multi-millionaire so there is that :p

Phreaker

Lol, damnit.

I was just sitting here questioning life for a good 5 minutes.

Heh, I would have too if I hadn't seen enough of LyleLanley's posts in this thread.

I'm sad that I woke my ass up at 3:00am to order my watch and it still says Delivers: May 13 - May 27. I was really hoping it was a terrible mistake and anyone that ordered in the first couple minutes would get a launch day unit, but I guess that's not happening. SG FTL

riotous

Banned
Being that it's almost 7 Pacific I imagine I won't be getting my watch tomorrow.

Oh well; guess I'll be living vicariously through this thread.

Top Bottom