• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Number 4 is true. I started wearing a watch a few years ago and you quickly become very conscious of how much you hit your wrist on stuff.

team sapphire!!!!

god I hope I don't get a scratch... will be doubly as crushed..

Watch App Store is live in the UK.
It's a bit bare, it's only one page but if you look at related apps there are loads more not being featured. And you can view screenshots for watch apps in the standard App Store.

riotous

Banned
Number 4 is true. I started wearing a watch a few years ago and you quickly become very conscious of how much you hit your wrist on stuff.

Yeah; I have chipped paint on the corners of the walls of my archway's in my house from banging my watches on them as I round the corner.

edit: My charging cable just arrived; what a tease!

I've come to terms with the fact that it's unlikely my Black 42mm Sport will arrive tomorrow. At least Ill sleep soundly knowing Beyoncé is able to enjoy her gold watch.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
pretty bummed about this whole thing considering a 12:03am order. Went Black Sport as I knew I'd want that band (didn't know what else prior to trying watches on) - and apparently everyone else did too, creating this line.

pretty bummed about this whole thing considering a 12:03am order. Went Black Sport as I knew I'd want that band (didn't know what else prior to trying watches on) - and apparently everyone else did too, creating this line.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/22/apple-band-only-apple-watch-exchanges/

This may be a solution.

I went Black Sport and switched to White Sport just yesterday. Now it's shipping. I will go into the Apple Store on Saturday to initiate a strap exchange.

Depends how married you are to the space gray.

btrboyev

Maybe the app is bugging out but I ordered an Apple Watch yesterday and it's preparing for shipment right now. 38mm sport white strap. I will update you once I get back to my desk.

My space grey still says processing.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT!! It's shipping!! I ordered the fucking thing yesterday. Edit: Well, preparing to ship. The big blue cancel button is gone.

I am in Canada BTW. Ordered a Sport White Strap Aluminum 38mm yesterday night.

I actually didn't want it to go on this credit card cycle. Oh well. It's an expensive month.

Now I need to figure out how to return my Pebble Time once it arrives. Apparently it has a 30 day guarantee.

Capture_zps8lpqggky.png

Am I missing something? It's says shipping available in June.

Sean

Banned
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/22/apple-band-only-apple-watch-exchanges/

This may be a solution.

I went Black Sport and switched to White Sport just yesterday. Now it's shipping. I will go into the Apple Store on Saturday to initiate a strap exchange.

Depends how married you are to the space gray.

Interesting, but I don't think you'll be able to do what you're hoping for based on this particular rule:

- The new band must be within the same collection as the watch and must be an available band option for that watch face.

The black band isn't an available option on the aluminum sport. The way I understand it you could swap your white band for pink, blue, or green. But not black.

Interesting, but I don't think you'll be able to do what you're hoping for based on this particular rule:

The black band isn't an available option on the aluminum sport.

Yeah. There is a chance I won't be able to do it. I will give it a shot. Initially I thought it was just for the same group (e.i. Sport, Edition, Watch).

If I'm out of luck I may end up getting a milenese loop down the line.

Am I missing something? It's says shipping available in June.

Card charged. Preparing to ship and can't cancel. That means it's about to ship. It has happened to a few people over at macrumors.

SuperPac

oh I'm stainless steel

and 38mm seems to be way easier than 42.

Yeah, my Stainless Steel 42mm w/Black Sport Band is still... up in the air. They charged my card in the wee hours this morning, but the order is still "Processing." Lots of folks on Macrumors are in the same boat with that model. :\

B-Ri

No luck just yet, same watch and my confirmation email came in at the same minute as yours, although I'm on the opposite coast in NJ. Gonna see if anything happens today, but I get the feeling we may have barely missed the cut-off for launch day.

Mine went through at 12:04; Processing + that "your order will arrive between 4/24-5/8" e-mail that many got last night.

I would've had my order go through at like 12:00:10 if my address info wasn't missing from the Apple Store. Very odd since Apple has had all of my info for years.. still had to manually enter my address for billing.. then again for shipping; not even an option to "use billing address."

Was a bit annoying but I'm more patient than many of the people in this thread lol.

I'm actually debating canceling and ordering the 42mm stainless watch; I first saw the watches in person yesterday and I really wasn't feeling the space gray as much as I thought I would.. and the stainless looks much nicer than it does in pictures, where it looks like an OG iphone or something.

My card was charged and its preparing for shipment! What about you guys?

japtor

Space black appears to be going nowhere for a few weeks. I assume this is all an elaborate scheme by Phil Schiller so he has watch exclusivity for a little while.

Sean

Banned
Yeah. There is a chance I won't be able to do it. I will give it a shot. Initially I thought it was just for the same group (e.i. Sport, Edition, Watch).

If I'm out of luck I may end up getting a milenese loop down the line.

Good luck man. Quite frankly it's ridiculous that Aluminum Sport w/ Black Band isn't an available option. That probably would've prevented a lot of these issues where everyone is buying the Space Gray Sport and it's delayed a billion years...

This whole launch has been a total clusterfuck, even something as simple as swapping a band appears to be a convoluted process.

SeanR1221

After seeing them in person, I like the SG a lot more than the standard sport. As tempting as it is to just get a regular sport, I'd rather be happy overall than have the product right away.

ryan299

So does anybody know how employee discounts work for the watch? My cousin just got a job at apple and I'm thinking about hitting him up for one lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Good luck man. Quite frankly it's ridiculous that Aluminum Sport w/ Black Band isn't an available option. That probably would've prevented a lot of these issues where everyone is buying the Space Gray Sport and it's delayed a billion years...

This whole launch has been a total clusterfuck, even something as simple as swapping a band appears to be a convoluted process.

It is a bit crazy. Black watch strap must be one of the most common colours there is - it goes with everything

Hobohodo

Over the course of the last few hours DoctorWho has made me incredibly jealous of his luck and order another watch just incase it ships earlier...THANKS FOR THAT D=

Nah appreciate it really, if it gets me one quicker then I'm happy.

Top Bottom