• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch Series 1&2 |OT| Better, Wetter

Ferulci

Sorry for the plug, but I'm part of a (2 people) company that just released a new game on Apple Watch called Pocket Bandit. It is fast-paced puzzle game for Apple Watch. You must use the crown to move and vibrations to find the good combination. Each successful heist will give you a treasure and there is more than 100 of them.
2.png

7.png

8.png

Our goal was to make good game that cannot be done anywhere else but on Apple Watch. We believe it is a great device that can allow exciting gaming experiences and while some good games have been released in the past, we feel like a lot can still be done.

If you're interested by the game, you can download it here

If you have any feedbacks or questions, let me know.

Considering picking one of these up in the next couple of weeks. Just curious what colors you guys have? Do you space grey owners find that the color still goes well with various different bands?

pbsapeer

Banned
Considering picking one of these up in the next couple of weeks. Just curious what colors you guys have? Do you space grey owners find that the color still goes well with various different bands?
I have space grey aluminium and think it looks good. I have the standard black sports strap and a £10 Milanese loop. I think they look pretty smart in this colour, but maybe not as customisable as say the silver. Hope this helps

Blackhead

Redarse
Matt Gemmell: Farewell to the Apple Watch - Dec 19, 2016

Also read the following if you want to chart his journey:
Watch - Oct 1, 2014
Distractions - May 2, 2015
A week with the Watch - May 8, 2015
A Declining Trajectory - Oct 4, 2016

:/ I feel fitness features are a dead-end function for smartwatches. What will Apple pivot to next? HomeKit?

There's a Target sale right now: Series 1 starting at $199.
Also Apple is now selling refurbished Series 1 and 2 models

pdk27

So Series 1 and 2 are the same now in terms of speed right? Is the biggest difference the GPS? Do you guys find that you use it often?

The big differences are GPS and swimming (waterproof). I use the GPS all the time to run outdoors. I haven't swam with it yet.

j-wood

So I tried out the space black milanese loop at the apple store today, and man it was nice. I really want it to class up my watch, but $200 dollars? That's so much.

Is it worth it, or are there 3rd party ones just as good?

I've got the space grey 38mm Series 1

Moreche

I've been waiting for my S2 38mm SBSS to ship before Christmas but it won't, it states 27th Dec and it seems to be sticking to that.

Yeah I had a bitch of a time finding one yesterday either for delivery or store pick up. Managed to get a Series 2 space grey 42 from Target. Had to settle for the black nylon strap instead of the standard rubber one which I preferred since that was the only model they had available for delivery.

Hatty

Apple has a few refurbished ones. I bought a refurb series 2 for my mom yesterday and it arrived today. So check there periodically and they may pop back up

Anyone tested the Pokemon Go Apple Watch app yet?

I really haven't been able to get it to work. There are really no instructions with it, so I don't know if I'm doing it right. Do I need to have the iPhone app running and the phone with me? Can I just use the watch without the phone?

Red

My wife bought me a last gen Apple Watch as a Christmas gift. It's the 42mm stainless model, with link bracelet. I know this thread is for the new models, but I thought someone could provide insight... I have a question specifically about the band:

Anyone else have trouble getting a proper fit? I took out a few links until it felt snug enough, but the Watch and band are so heavy that whenever I stand up it slides down and rests against my hand. Looks bad. But if I take even one more link out I can't buckle the clasp. It pinches the skin on my wrist and just won't go. I always planned to get a Milanese loop if I were to buy an Apple Watch. I've never liked link bracelets. But this is a thoughtful gift from my wife and I would like to give it a shot. Any suggestions?

My wife bought me a last gen Apple Watch as a Christmas gift. It's the 42mm stainless model, with link bracelet. I know this thread is for the new models, but I thought someone could provide insight... I have a question specifically about the band:

Anyone else have trouble getting a proper fit? I took out a few links until it felt snug enough, but the Watch and band are so heavy that whenever I stand up it slides down and rests against my hand. Looks bad. But if I take even one more link out I can't buckle the clasp. It pinches the skin on my wrist and just won't go. I always planned to get a Milanese loop if I were to buy an Apple Watch. I've never liked link bracelets. But this is a thoughtful gift from my wife and I would like to give it a shot. Any suggestions?

lose weight or gain weight.

just leave it loose.

Future

Matt Gemmell: Farewell to the Apple Watch - Dec 19, 2016

Also read the following if you want to chart his journey:
Watch - Oct 1, 2014
Distractions - May 2, 2015
A week with the Watch - May 8, 2015
A Declining Trajectory - Oct 4, 2016

:/ I feel fitness features are a dead-end function for smartwatches. What will Apple pivot to next? HomeKit?

There's a Target sale right now: Series 1 starting at $199.
Also Apple is now selling refurbished Series 1 and 2 models

Why would fitness be a dead end? In all honesty without that I am not sure what I'd be using this for haha. I love managing my workouts and checking my heartbeat

One thing it could use is even more seamless use with an iphone. I wish when I got notifications I could seemlessly force apps to open on my bigger screen devices. Black Mirror Season 3 ep 1 had this type of tech. I know about that handoff feature but its not as fast or seamless for what I want

Yeah I had a bitch of a time finding one yesterday either for delivery or store pick up. Managed to get a Series 2 space grey 42 from Target. Had to settle for the black nylon strap instead of the standard rubber one which I preferred since that was the only model they had available for delivery.
Just get a cheap rubber one off amazon for like $8-10. Now you have two straps.

Yeah it's not great yet. I'm just not sure if it's a watchOS issue or an app issue.

I got it to work somewhat yesterday, but it is still full of bugs. I was at least able to get it to sync with the app. It kept crashing halfway through a workout and erasing all my progress. When I got close to a Pokemon while walking it would freak out and tell me there was a Pokemon nearby, but then would crash back to the main screen and lose all workout progress.

Anyone have any idea why Uber isn't working on my watch? The icon just loads/spins and nothing ever happens. Am I supposed to do something in the phone app?

You can force quit a watch app by holding down the side button until the power menu pops up, then hold down the Digital Crown. See if that helps

You can force quit a watch app by holding down the side button until the power menu pops up, then hold down the Digital Crown. See if that helps

Thanks! Solves the blank screen, but I still get a spinning Uber logo with no progress when I reboot it. I thought I saw text when I booted it up the first time saying that I needed to do something in the app before using it on the Watch. Is that the case?

hirokazu

Fits pretty well for me, slides less than my old stainless steel watch.

Cronen

Hi Apple Watch GAF!

My girlfriend surprised me with a Series 2 42mm Sports Watch for Christmas. I'm loving it, and am getting to grips with how it works. That said, are there any tips or tricks that you guys would recommend/suggest? Thanks.

Doodis

Finally jumped in and got the Nike series for myself and silver sport for the wife. Excited to finally put some of the good advice in this thread to use. Already ordered a milanese loop band for $15 for my wife that was posted here a long time ago. Beats the $150 Apple wants to charge.

Giolon

Finally jumped in and got the Nike series for myself and silver sport for the wife. Excited to finally put some of the good advice in this thread to use. Already ordered a milanese loop band for $15 for my wife that was posted here a long time ago. Beats the $150 Apple wants to charge.

I ordered a cheap Milanese loop knockoff from Amazon and it pulled the hair on my arm something fierce, while the real Apple version doesn't. Fair warning!

I ordered a cheap Milanese loop knockoff from Amazon and it pulled the hair on my arm something fierce, while the real Apple version doesn't. Fair warning!

This was my experience as well. Also the outside of the magnet on the cheap one wasn't shielded and made it challenging to put on at time, and stuck on other stuff sometimes. Real one doesn't

Chorazin

I just got one of the knockoffs today, and it actually feels really good, I have decently hairy arms and I'm not feeling a pull. For $16 this is pretty rad!

Lexxism

If I'm correct, the apple watch, apple watch hermes and apple watch edition are pretty much the same? Like specs, design etc? The only difference is the strap it is using?

If I'm correct, the apple watch, apple watch hermes and apple watch edition are pretty much the same? Like specs, design etc? The only difference is the strap it is using?

Correct. Internals are all the same, only difference is the material (aluminum, stainless steel, or ceramic) and the strap it comes with

To my fellow small wrist people, what size did you choose for your watch? Thinking about getting a Series 1 but still kind of undecided on whether or not to get a 38 or 42.

Don't live near an Apple Store so I can't try them on.

Lexxism

Correct. Internals are all the same, only difference is the material (aluminum, stainless steel, or ceramic) and the strap it comes with
Ah, I totally forgot the materials used. Looking at the price, I guess I'll just go with Sports. Might be enough for my needs.

my S2 finally came in after a couple days of delays. It'll probably take some getting used to coming from not wearing a watch at all. I do love how easily and seamlessly it syncs with the iPhone though. Makes getting started much easier. Is there no way to make the watch constantly wake to the Watch face, no matter which app you have or had open?

pbsapeer

Banned
To my fellow small wrist people, what size did you choose for your watch? Thinking about getting a Series 1 but still kind of undecided on whether or not to get a 38 or 42.

Don't live near an Apple Store so I can't try them on.
I have tiny wrists but went for the 42mm. Worth it for the extra battery life and doesn't look ridiculous. Don't forget you can return within 14 days of purchase so if you're not happy with it you can just send it back.

Doodis

I have tiny wrists but went for the 42mm. Worth it for the extra battery life and doesn't look ridiculous. Don't forget you can return within 14 days of purchase so if you're not happy with it you can just send it back.

Ditto. Small wrists here and still bought the 42. I'm used to having the original Pebble watch on my wrist so it's no big deal. Looks and feels normal.

FerranMG

Is there a way to mute a Whatsapp chat through the Apple Watch?
Such a shame that some of my most used apps don't have a native app. The Telegram one looks pretty good, but I can hardly ever use it as most of my contacts use Whatsapp.

Top Bottom