• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

SimleuqiR

Here you go hipsters:

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blo...ogle-play-finally-available-to-android-users/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android

Ia6aS38ECXHYfacXszlZuiGMfZOVKiCobXtuP-WFSgVj6cXJ5Y1BVMghMkCqMfCBD64

One of the first reviews:

There are a ton of Apple references in this app. It lacks a true Android experience. No ability to cancel during picture editing. No Google+ sharing option either. Meh

LOL it does seem iOSish.

jokkir

Wait, what the appeal/point getting Instagram? I'm not entirely too sure what/why this is useful >__>

All I know is that many of my friends are using it and have some hipster Polaroid effect but is that it...? >__>

Wait, what the appeal/point getting Instagram? I'm not entirely too sure what/why this is useful >__>

All I know is that many of my friends are using it and have some hipster Polaroid effect but is that it...? >__>
It's just a pretty app to play around in and share pictures with peeps.

I've seen some pretty awesome pics on Instagram, and a lot of dumb ones.

It's kind of a guilty pleasure app.

andycapps

Instagram seems fine. Honestly, the pictures aren't great. That's obvious. What works with it is that it's more of a social network and keeping friends involved with your life based on the pictures, I guess. Let's see if I actually use it in a week.

Altazor

Instagram seems fine. Honestly, the pictures aren't great. That's obvious. What works with it is that it's more of a social network and keeping friends involved with your life based on the pictures, I guess. Let's see if I actually use it in a week.

so, what... are you telling me I'm not a pro photographer by using instagram? And I thought applying them filters was all I needed :( :(

andycapps

so, what... are you telling me I'm not a pro photographer by using instagram? And I thought applying them filters was all I needed :( :(

Haha right... The main point of it seems to be the social aspect, and with it being so pervasive, that makes it better than anything else out there in that aspect. Best camera app in my opinion is still Camera Zoom FX.

Blackhead

Redarse
Haha right... The main point of it seems to be the social aspect, and with it being so pervasive, that makes it better than anything else out there in that aspect. Best camera app in my opinion is still Camera Zoom FX.

Can't you take a pic with Camera Zoom FX and then share the result with Instagram for filters and the social network?

How integrated with Android is the Instagram anyway? Does it ask that it be made the default camera app?

beje

Banned
Can't you take a pic with Camera Zoom FX and then share the result with Instagram for filters and the social network?

How integrated with Android is the Instagram anyway? Does it ask that it be made the default camera app?

It integrates to the Share menu so you can send any pic from any program to instagram. Just tried with a pic I had around. Take into account it forces you to crop it to a square selection.

Altazor

butthurt iPhone owners are butthurt.

The best part about it is... it's just a goddamned app. It's not the end of the world.

Blackhead

Redarse
From this one, single screenshot you can tell they just tried to graft an iOS experience onto Android, which is the complete opposite of what Google's been trying to do since ICS launched. Just bad.

It's typical. The other recently hyped app to show up on Android wasn't much better either :/ . I've given upon on the looks but I at least expect developers to not gimp their apps simply to make it exactly like the iOS version. Android provides features like the share button, default app, local file access that should be used even though the iPhone can't match that. Unfortunately the Android version doesn't even have feature parity with the iOS version.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Droid users having instagram now, is like when you living in a gated apt & da gate stops working...hahaha  let da #rachetness commence

ugh so mad that Instagram is now available to droids! ewwwww.

Instagram for android smh. Almost as bad as tweeting via ( prepaid wireless ) smh 10cents a tweet lol

Im lost, what is Instagram ?????

ayo fuck android, users talk down on the iphone but look how long it takes to get apps. 6 months and they barely getting instagram. lmao >.<

The gate has opened. Instagram for Android was unleashed today. It was fun while it lasted #Iphone users. lol

Droid got instagram? Ah shit instagram bout to get real basic now

Honestly, the only thing that bugs me about Instagram being on Android isn't the idea of it being on Android, it's that there's gonna be 3x more people overusing it now.

Ugh. Shit's gonna be everywhere.

(I use Instragram, but sparingly, on appropriate photos, and mostly for my own enjoyment.)

jayb

wow, Pixlr-o-matic kills Instagram in terms of the number of filters and customization options. Other than the social part of Instagram, it's not even close to Pixlr. With all the iHype for Instagram, I expected it to be much better.

Sticking with Pixlr for my hipster photo needs.

AndyD

aka andydumi
wow, Pixlr-o-matic kills Instagram in terms of the number of filters and customization options. Other than the social part of Instagram, it's not even close to Pixlr. With all the iHype for Instagram, I expected it to be much better.

Sticking with Pixlr for my hipster photo needs.

Pixlr does kill it. I have heard of Instagram before but I did not realize it was relatively basic or that it was such a big deal.

Is Pixlr not on Iphone? There are quite a few Android apps that do the same and have been around for a while.

Cipherr

Pixlr does kill it. I have heard of Instagram before but I did not realize it was relatively basic or that it was such a big deal.

Is Pixlr not on Iphone? There are quite a few Android apps that do the same and have been around for a while.

I've got both on my iPhone. Pixlr is handy sometimes because it can do full-frame photos, rather than the square photos Instagram does.

Downloaded instagram
Opened app, presented with a Sign-Up option
Uninstalled

Fuck that. I'll use pixlr-o-matic to spam my twitter feed with vignette shots of flowers and cats and a child in the park with a kite that symbolises innocence and lost youth and all that bollocks.

Bollocks

LOL
I would be outraged too if I had an iPhone. With instagram I could pretend and fulfill my dream to be all artsy and feel special, now everyone can be as artsy as me and I'm not special anymore.

Top Bottom