• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

If anyone likes minimal style wallpapers. I made this:

gvecrjS5h3_Crg0YsUxIi7_QCoZejt-Az4r00Yn4CTAadL4WHalfyzwdiPNJKmSXqOvc

This is fantastic, I LOVE minimalist style wallpapers. Thank you!

vdlow

Let me guess...also a ton of emails asking for help and/or feature requests lol

Yeah, the happened too. lol

So, anyone installed this app? Knock²

// THIS IS KNOCK² //
Never miss a notification again! Knock² will present the notifications stylish on the lockscreen. With innovative energysave-modes the battery is not used so much.

I don't know if I need this. DashClock just made my lockscreen pretty awesome. I just wish there was a trial or something for Knock².

Nexus 4 is arriving on Monday. It's my first Android phone (was with iOS for five year, WP8 for six months). What are the first things I should do and install?

I disagree with these recommendations. If the poster is going to install an alternative launcher (which seems a bit premature for a brand new user) I feel like a refined stock experience like Apex Launcher or Nova Launcher is much better than any iOS or Windows Phone knock-off launchers.

I will agree with you, because, as the new user, I'm thinking: WTF is a launcher?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I will agree with you, because, as the new user, I'm thinking: WTF is a launcher?

Installing a launcher isn't a bad idea. A launcher replaces your home screen and app drawer. Apex and Nova are launchers that can look identical to the stock launcher but with more options about how your app drawer scrolls (vertically or horizontally), how many icons in your grid, resizable widgets, notification badges and more.

Installing a launcher isn't a bad idea. A launcher replaces your home screen and app drawer. Apex and Nova are launchers that can look identical to the stock launcher but with more options about how your app drawer scrolls (vertically or horizontally), how many icons in your grid, resizable widgets, notification badges and more.

Neat. Launcher 8 looked cool. Switching from WP8 was primarily because AT&T is a pox; I actually really enjoyed the interface. Maybe I'll have fun tinkering with my phone...

reKon

Banned
I disagree with these recommendations. If the poster is going to install an alternative launcher (which seems a bit premature for a brand new user) I feel like a refined stock experience like Apex Launcher or Nova Launcher is much better than any iOS or Windows Phone knock-off launchers.

I actually thought his post was a joke post :/

TommyT

Having some issues with Dolphin:

Form filling - Whenever I start typing a login for a second time it wants to auto-fill it which is fine. However, when I click on the text it's suggesting it just appends it to the already entered text. Is there a way to turn that off?

History, cache, data clearing - is there a one-touch option to clear all of this? Maybe not within Dolphin itself, but another app that can access it's files to clear it out? It gets a bit tedious to dig down into the menu and select everything to clear out.

That said, are there browsers that do this aside from Dolphin that I should look into?

TommyT

If you hold back there is an option to clear cache and history when you exit dolphin.

It doesn't clear it all though. If you go into options it has the ability to clear:
Cache
History
HTML5 Data
Cookies
Form Data
Passwords
Location Access

Has anyone here used that Cliffhanger app for Tv shows? I tend to forget about stuff I watch and i'm interested in installing this once I get my phone.

Ragus

Banned
Is there any app thanks to which, my Note II won't use 3g/H+ data, when it's locked?

I think Xperia Z has something like that.

Audioboxer

Are there any apps that let you control your PC mouse pointer from your phone screen? Would be useful for when I hook my PC up to my TV.

I know there is actually, I just can't remember the name of the app and/or what is the best one these days. Last time I used an app to do this was on my HTC Desire years ago. It simply worked over my house WiFi.

Doopliss

Audίoboxer;52914171 said:
Are there any apps that let you control your PC mouse pointer from your phone screen? Would be useful for when I hook my PC up to my TV.

I know there is actually, I just can't remember the name of the app and/or what is the best one these days. Last time I used an app to do this was on my HTC Desire years ago. It simply worked over my house WiFi.

I used Unified Remote a while back. The only things I remember not liking about it were that it requires their software installed on your PC, and input won't work if you get a UAC popup in Windows.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Woud you be so kind and maybe post here a detailed, step by step guide, how to make it work in Llama? I'm so terrible at things like this :(

Just make two events, one that has the condition of screen off and the action of turn mobile data off, then a second event that has the condition of screen on and mobile data on.

So since the earlier recommendations were jokes, any real recommendations about the first things to do and apps to get on Android?

Getting a launcher like Apex or Nova isn't really a joke. It might not be the best thing to do right away, but soon after at least.

FalconPro twitter client should be a priority. As well as a good podcast app. I prefer BeyondPod. RedditSync is great if you browse Reddit.

Top Bottom