• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Chrome is awesome. I opened up a bunch of tabs on gaf, then had the call of nature. Went to the porcelain throne, got the phone out and carried on looking at the tabs I had opened on chrome mobile. We are living in the future!

Wait. How do you get that to happen? I have never had tabs sync from Chrome on my PC to Chrome on my phone. Teach me your mystical ways.

Groof

Wait. How do you get that to happen? I have never had tabs sync from Chrome on my PC to Chrome on my phone. Teach me your mystical ways.

Be logged in to your gmail account in both Chrome on desktop and Chrome on Android and watch the magic happen. Can't live without this feature anymore.

Be logged in to your gmail account in both Chrome on desktop and Chrome on Android and watch the magic happen. Can't live without this feature anymore.

Hmm, they just automatically pop up when you open up Chrome on your phone, or you get the tabs one-at-a-time from Settings->Other devices?

Groof

Hmm, they just automatically pop up when you open up Chrome on your phone, or you get the tabs one-at-a-time from Settings->Other devices?

They're tucked away in the new tab screen. Open a new tab and you'll see all your synced devices with the tabs they have open and you can proceed from there.

Anyone else getting this error

UeZe2Yn.png

Best free simple audio editor, just to make things like ringtones and text alerts?

Also, are there any free security apps so I can locate my phone if it gets stolen or lost? The default McAffee one is only a trial, and balls to paying for all the unnecessary (for me) extras.

I love PocketCast. Does everything I want from a podcast app AND it's a damn fine looking app since they updated it a few months ago.

I just wish it would let me define where to put the podcasts rather than having it's own directory structure or just do proper meta data across Bluetooth. Either one of those fixes would make it perfect for me. Yes, I know you can sort of change locations but it recreates their whole data structure there rather than letting me define exactly what directory the podcasts go into.

Is there a podcast app that will let you define exactly where they go?

Sulla1980

I love PocketCast. Does everything I want from a podcast app AND it's a damn fine looking app since they updated it a few months ago.

I wish some of the automatic stuff worked better. Some of the podcasts that I have set to auto-download just won't, and when playing back a playlist PocketCast doesn't seem to follow the order of podcasts displayed.

I would still take Downcast for Android.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just wish it would let me define where to put the podcasts rather than having it's own directory structure or just do proper meta data across Bluetooth. Either one of those fixes would make it perfect for me. Yes, I know you can sort of change locations but it recreates their whole data structure there rather than letting me define exactly what directory the podcasts go into.

Is there a podcast app that will let you define exactly where they go?
They just added meta data over blue tooth.

They just added meta data over blue tooth.
Hah I just got the notification about the update. Problem solved.

Edit: Hrm, seems kinda buggy. The metadata would disappear and show the last music track I played after a bit. Also the time doesn't update. Hopefully they fix it in an update.

Blackhead

Redarse
The Twitter app doesn't keep multiple notifications per user; instead a new notification deletes the old one. Wtf is the shit? Is there no other Android app that can deliver these notifications properly?

Alpende

Today's FREE App of the Day on the Amazon Appstore for Android is Cut The Rope: Experiments

Global users rejoice.... it was also the free app on September 27, 2012.

Did Amazon abandon the fact that you had to have a CreditCard assigned on the app store to download free apps? A year back or so I tried downloading something free from their app store but I had to assign a CreditCard to the app store. I'm glad I now can download free apps without assigning stuff to it.

Did Amazon abandon the fact that you had to have a CreditCard assigned on the app store to download free apps? A year back or so I tried downloading something free from their app store but I had to assign a CreditCard to the app store. I'm glad I now can download free apps without assigning stuff to it.

Didn't need nothing more then my account. I'm in Brazil, though.

Oyashiro

Anyone know a good, less bloated alternative to MyFitnessPal? I want a calorie tracking app that is simple to use and has a good interface.

3phemeral

Anyone know a good, less bloated alternative to MyFitnessPal? I want a calorie tracking app that is simple to use and has a good interface.

It has a nice database of pretty much every food you can scan, though, including what's on the menu for most restaurants. Hard to find an alternative to that.

Alpende

Submarino Conversível;59012037 said:
Didn't need nothing more then my account. I'm in Brazil, though.

I have no problems now but a year back I had to attach a CC to my account in order to download a free app. I didn't even bother back then because it was stupid.

memorial day weekend apps sale!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...erday-next-launcher-3d-dropsync-pro-and-more/

the link is updated whenever people point out more deals, but the current list is this:
Apps

Dictionary.com Premium – $0.99 (from $2.99)
GPS Test Plus – $0.99 (from $2.99)
Field Compass Plus – $0.99 (from $1.99-$2.99)
Next Launcher 3D – $9.59 (from $15.99)
Dropsync PRO – $2.49 (from $4.99)
ProCapture – $1.99 (from $3.99)
ProPanorama – $0.99 (from $1.99)
Sygic Map Packs – Various Prices (Main app is here)
AccuWeather Platinum – $0.99 (66% off)
2Do – $3.94 (from $6.99)
mSecure – Password Manager – $4.99 (from $9.99)
Coach's Eye – $0.99 (from $4.99)
DoggCatcher – $2.99 (from $4.99)
Pocket Planets – $1.28 (from ~$3)
Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) – $4.99 (50% off) added 5/25 at 2:30pm Pacific

Games

Yesterday – $2.49 (50%)
Jazz: Trump's Journey – $1.49 (50%)
Twelve other Bulkypix Games 50% off
Football Manager Handheld 2013 – $4.99 (50% off)
EPOCH – $0.99 (from $2.99)
Bag It! – $0.99 (from $1.99)
SPIRIT HD – $1.99 (from $2.99)
Totemo HD (on Amazon) – Free (from $1.99)
ShaqDown – Free (from $0.99)
Fangz HD – $0.99 (50% off)
Touch Racing Nitro – $0.99 (from $1.99)
AVP: Evolution – $0.99 (80% off)
Fieldrunners 2 – $0.99 (66% off)
Fingerboard HD – $0.99 (from $1.99)

Is there an app I can download that will allow me to access the Recent Apps screen quicker? with a double tap or something?

Nova's gestures can do it but you have to be on the home screen for them to work.

Jedi2016

Is there an app I can download that will allow me to access the Recent Apps screen quicker? with a double tap or something?

Nova's gestures can do it but you have to be on the home screen for them to work.
Sense 5 on the HTC does exactly what you say.. double-tap Home to go to recent apps. It remains that way regardless of what launcher I'm using, I don't think launchers can change OS-level functions like button assignments. You'd need a ROM for that.

Sense 5 on the HTC does exactly what you say.. double-tap Home to go to recent apps. It remains that way regardless of what launcher I'm using, I don't think launchers can change OS-level functions like button assignments. You'd need a ROM for that.

Nova can change what the home button does when you are on a home screen but not when an application is open. I can press home button that will take me out of the app and to the home screen. Then tell nova that if I press home again it will open up recent apps. So its a slow double tap, but I want something quicker.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Question about old game system emulators, specifically Super Gnes. I've got shitloads of roms (SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo) from 12-14 years ago. Those should still all be good, right?

Also, how well do the best SNES and NeoGeo emulators run on the Galaxy S3?

Nekrono

Is there an app to check your Facebook feed just like there is Carbon fro Twitter? I find the Facebook app to be absolutely atrocious.

Top Bottom