• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

KarmaCow

So Firefox updated a while ago and now the long press/context menu has a white background instead of black. I'm not sure if I was just using an addon that is now unsupported or it's a change to Firefox itself, but I would prefer if it had a black background again. Is there anyway to enable through options or addons?

yogloo

Is there an app I can download that will allow me to access the Recent Apps screen quicker? with a double tap or something?

Nova's gestures can do it but you have to be on the home screen for them to work.

Taskarou baby.

Yy71men.png

Taskarou overlay
I am going to leave this picture here because it is awesome. Makes the multitasking usable.

Is there really no way to save photos from your google drive onto your phone to your gallery? I want to be able to text and email them from my phone.

I only have an option to set as wallpaper.

Rich!

Got an HTC One. Goldeneye 007 runs flawlessly on n64oid. I'm absolutely fucking amazed. Really fun to control via touch too, as long as you use Kissy control scheme.

Got my ripped snes collection working via snes9x ex, and that's superb too. Only thing left is my PSX collection. What's the best choice emulator for me? Mostly for RPGs and Crash Bandicoot.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there really no way to save photos from your google drive onto your phone to your gallery? I want to be able to text and email them from my phone.

I only have an option to set as wallpaper.

You can just press and hold on a file and click download a copy.

Also you can attach straight from drive in gmail.

vareon

Just got myself an Oppo Find 5 for free. It's my first high-endish phone and now I'm at a loss of what to install besides the usual productivity apps. Maybe I'll tinker with my home screen.

kehs

Banned
Anyone having problems with llama and Google music? I have an auto play on Bluetooth connect item setup and it stopped working with the new update of Google music.

Does anyone know of an app that lets you control the volume and music skipping controls on another android device? I figure of some Bluetooth devices can do it, there's gotta be an app for it too.

Also, why can't I transfer/ install stuff to my SD Card. The only things that go there are camera photos / videos

Angst

Also, why can't I transfer/ install stuff to my SD Card. The only things that go there are camera photos / videos
I misunderstood your question in the other thread.

You can't install apps on the sd-card because google locked it down so people wouldn't get confused. Only thing you can use the sd-card for is
music, videos and photos. If you use spotify it will automatically store files on the sd-card as well.

I misunderstood your question in the other thread.

You can't install apps on the sd-card because google locked it down so people wouldn't get confused. Only thing you can use the sd-card for is
music, videos and photos. If you use spotify it will automatically store files on the sd-card as well.

smh...

What about something like symbolic links? Do they work?

With some games taking over 1GB I'm already out of space on my Ascend P1 (loving the phone btw :p)

Angst

The whole SD-card thing is confusing.

Om my SGSII it worked like this:

Internal memory, apps got installed here by default.

Internal sd-card, built in "sd-card". Apps that I moved to sd-card moved here. Link2sd moved apps here too, which makes me think it's something for 1.6 users where we couldn't move apps at all

External Sd-card, only media etc here. Link2sd didn't move anything here.

The whole SD-card thing is confusing.

Om my SGSII it worked like this:

Internal memory, apps got installed here by default.

Internal sd-card, built in "sd-card". Apps that I moved to sd-card moved here. Link2sd moved apps here too, which makes me think it's something for 1.6 users where we couldn't move apps at all

External Sd-card, only media etc here. Link2sd didn't move anything here.

I think mine is similar only it's installing to the internal sd-card by default, and it's already out of space.

Can't move anything to the external sd card either.

I was trying DirectoryBind with no success. Lets see if that one works :p

Thanks.

Here's my phones setup btw:

screenshot_2013-05-30wkq8m.png

The 2.51GB ones are all the same thing I think.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Root Explorer just got a huge update

What's in this version:
• Multiple tabs.
• Network (SMB), Google Drive, Box and Dropbox support.
• Concurrent, background processing of multiple operations with notifications.
• New action status with progress display and ability to cancel all long-running operations.
• Action bar and multi-select action mode support.
• Fully customizable list icons.
• For details of new permissions requested see the full app description.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...orage-support-background-processing-and-more/

Top Bottom