• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

yogloo

I am going to try SwiftKey for a month. Let's see if I can get better in typing with this. I still seem to make mistakes with this. Does this get smarter over time?
What is the best way of using this? Currently I still typed out everything. I seems that I might be able to get faster if I use the prediction capabilities.

I am going to try SwiftKey for a month. Let's see if I can get better in typing with this. I still seem to make mistakes with this. Does this get smarter over time?
What is the best way of using this? Currently I still typed out everything. I seems that I might be able to get faster if I use the prediction capabilities.

Yes it gets better. Words that you commonly use together will show up above the keyboard.

If I type "What", the word "Are" shows up in predictive text, If I press it now "You" shows up. And obviously "doing" shows up after I press that.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Well nobody responded to my question about music-making apps, but after some looking around and downloading a couple and messing around a bit, one that looks interesting and highly rated is Caustic 2. Anyone have any experience with it? I don't want something too complicated, but I'm willing to invest some time to learn. I've never used music-making software before but I'm fairly musically adept.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Speaking of SwiftKey, is there a way to get your personalization to transfer to a new phone? I will be upgrading for the first time in a few weeks and would like to have my personal data on my new phone so it doesn't have to start learning again from scratch.

Alpende

I love SwiftKey. I tried using Kii on my tablet but that word prediction / auto-correct is shit compared Swiftkey. It just sucks that you have to buy the phone and tablet version if you wanna use both...

yogloo

I tried using samsung's keyboard's predictive text and it kinda sucks. This is better by a mile for now. I don't like how I have to use shift to type numbers.
I'm kinda used to samsung's always available number.

NotBacon

I tried using samsung's keyboard's predictive text and it kinda sucks. This is better by a mile for now. I don't like how I have to use shift to type numbers.
I'm kinda used to samsung's always available number.

You don't have numbers on your top row of keys a long-press away?

Angst

Well nobody responded to my question about music-making apps, but after some looking around and downloading a couple and messing around a bit, one that looks interesting and highly rated is Caustic 2. Anyone have any experience with it? I don't want something too complicated, but I'm willing to invest some time to learn. I've never used music-making software before but I'm fairly musically adept.
I think you'll get more response in a music thread. I haven't seen any posts about music making apps in here unfortunately.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I hate UIs that use long presses. They are very cumbersome.
Unless you are constantly typing text that contains numbers and letters it's a pretty good trade off of screen real estate and usability. I have my long press set pretty low so the transition from letter to number is quick enough to not slow me down.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone have an issue with the Back button in Chrome? Sometimes it doesn't work.

Anyone using Widgetlocker?

I have my notifications running through NiLS Widget and when Widget Locker is enabled all I have to do is tap a notification and it will launch. I liked it better when I would tap the notification, then the gray square would illuminate on the bottom and I would swipe in it to launch the selected application.

Is there any way I can get this functionality back with Widget Locker?

jokkir

Cerberus is giving life-time accounts today for new accounts being registered. Thanks to AppGratis!

Hi,
The license for your "username" Cerberus account has been activated for free, thanks to a promotion in collaboration with AppGratis.
Every day AppGratis offers one free app (plus discounts up to 90% off), hand-picked and reviewed by their team to make sure of their high quality.
Check out their app for great deals, it's free: http://bit.ly/13kIkk2
Please open Cerberus on your device and log in to access the app settings, you should not see the "Buy license" option anymore. This means that the lifetime license for your account is active.
Have a great day!
The Cerberus and AppGratis teams

Cerberus Play Store link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus

AppGratis Play Store link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imediapp.appgratis

If you already used up your free trial, get another device and register another email through there.

jokkir

Don't pass this up, people.

Thinking if I should make a separate thread to inform more people but the Cerberus servers seem to be getting hammered because of it

EDIT - Eh, I just made it. It was already getting hammered and a ton of sites are putting it up as news already

SimleuqiR

Cerberus is giving life-time accounts today for new accounts being registered. Thanks to AppGratis!

Cerberus Play Store link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.cerberus

AppGratis Play Store link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iapp.appgratis

If you already used up your free trial, get another device and register another email through there.

I feel bad for them the day Google decides to bake in some of these features in the OS. I be surprise if it doesn't happen in the next few years.

Angst

Alpende

Yeah same question. Seems like cerebus has some extra features, take pictures, audio etc, but avast seems to do everything I would want.

Why not download Cerberus for free and set up an account. It's free anyway and when you feel Avast is lacking options you can fall back on Cerberus. Although, I don't know if the promotion is still going on.

Anyway, I have it installed now and flashed it to my ROM so if it gets a factory reset / swipe it'll still be on and active but I'll have to test that out sometime. People can't delete the app as they have to log in first so that's pretty neat. I quite like Cerberus.

I don't see this in the playstore, or any of the 'free app' apps (amazon, app of the day, gratisapp). Where can this one be found please?

Download the lite version from the Play store. Start it, go into settings and activate the app with the username/password - nextlauncher3d/appoftheday

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just got a GS4 so I will be utilizing this thread quite a bit.

I agree that the typing on the thing is a little tough to get used to. I'll try out swiftkey for a bit to see if it helps at all.

Top Bottom