• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Groof

I tried Google keyboard for about an hour. Realised it didn't have a fucking comma on the main screen and deleted it.
It's hidden beneath a long press of the period key if you have voice input turned on. Turn off and the voice input key changes into a comma.

Macmanus

What is everyone's favorite twitter app? Twitter itself doesn't allow basic copy and paste functionality - which is beyond most levels of fucked up to me. So if anyone knows one that does...

SimleuqiR

What is everyone's favorite twitter app? Twitter itself doesn't allow basic copy and paste functionality - which is beyond most levels of fucked up to me. So if anyone knows one that does...

Me, personally I stopped using anything other than the official client. Twitter is bent on crushing third-party clients with their token limits. Why get attached to an app that will eventually not be available?

Macmanus

Me, personally I stopped using anything other than the official client. Twitter is bent on crushing third-party clients with their token limits. Why get attached to an app that will eventually not be available?

Solid but still very disappointing logic. I wasn't aware Twitter was being so tough on 3rd party apps.

SimleuqiR

Solid but still very disappointing logic. I wasn't aware Twitter was being so tough on 3rd party apps.

Yup. Case in point:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/1...temporary-fix-as-tokens-are-already-all-gone/

Tough to know exactly what’s behind the token gobbling, but Twitter made it clear long ago that they were going to limit the number of users for 3rd party apps. Maybe they weren’t fans of an app completely wiping its allotted tokens to gain more users? It does sort of seem like an attempt to work the system that they created, even as terrible of a system as it is.

Once this limit was set, I saw the writing on the wall and stop bothering with other clients.

kaskade

So there are some rumors saying that Instagram may start supporting videos. The android app is so shitty at this point that I wouldn't mind it instead of Vine. I do actually enjoy some of the content on Vine. There is some pretty funny stuff. The experience just isn't worth me using it though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was just about to post about the update on the Dolphin browser. It looks so slick and I really feel like it made it much faster. As if it couldn't get any better!

snacknuts

we all knew her
Yup. Case in point:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/1...temporary-fix-as-tokens-are-already-all-gone/

Once this limit was set, I saw the writing on the wall and stop bothering with other clients.

Your last two posts made me realize that I was supposed to login to Falcon Pro and reactivate my token. Apparently I didn't do it quickly enough and now I don't have access to use it. What a bunch of bullshit. I just downloaded the official Twitter app and it feels like hot garbage in comparison. I hardly use Twitter anyway, so I might just abandon the service altogether.

Your last two posts made me realize that I was supposed to login to Falcon Pro and reactivate my token. Apparently I didn't do it quickly enough and now I don't have access to use it. What a bunch of bullshit. I just downloaded the official Twitter app and it feels like hot garbage in comparison. I hardly use Twitter anyway, so I might just abandon the service altogether.

You can download theold version here.

Oyashiro

So annoyed about the Falcon thing. I was just about to buy it, too. Is there any other twitter app that has dark UI, mute filters, and interactions? I've tried so many and most only have one or two of those three.

vdlow

So annoyed about the Falcon thing. I was just about to buy it, too. Is there any other twitter app that has dark UI, mute filters, and interactions? I've tried so many and most only have one or two of those three.

Plume is your answer. It's my favorite twitter client.

Swag

Is the instagram update downloadable for anyone? Not showing an update available for me but I see they added new update notes on the play store.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Does anyone else have this little quirk..

When I go to "my apps" on the play store and see the apps that need an update, I'll click the update button which takes me to the app's page, and it'll sometimes say "open" instead of "update". I have to go back to the list of my apps, click the update button again and it'll say "update" instead of open.

New dolphin is great. I miss full screen browsing and convenient tab switching, while in full screen, on stock and chrome. But fuck chrome on my s3 and fuck stock for a variety of reasons.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best icon set on the play store? Something that works with Apex.

ScOULaris

New dolphin is great. I miss full screen browsing and convenient tab switching, while in full screen, on stock and chrome. But fuck chrome on my s3 and fuck stock for a variety of reasons.

Why fuck stock? It's still the best browser for Android. Well, if we're talking about the stock JB browser. I can't speak for any of the skinned ones from Samsung and the like.

Quick Controls trump every other browser.

Threi

notag
Am I the only one who has an issue with synced bookmarks duplicating on Chrome? It keeps happening and is annoying the hell out of me.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for all the links. I didn't realize there were so many icon packs available. I think I'll stick with Stark though. Also I was wondering are battery saving apps effective or merely a placebo effect? I've been using batteryguru for a while but haven't noticed much of a difference.

What's the best icon set on the play store? Something that works with Apex.

Minimal UI and Goolors, without question. Icons in both sets are the same size and use a similar design ethos. You can mix and match if need be.

You can check out the homescreen thread to see what they look like in practice.

I need a calendar recommendation.

I am looking for an app that fits Google's design and has a view that shows the month and agenda at the same time. Similar to iOS.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Soo, any great social media hub apps for Android, to post, share and follow your desktop stuff?

JonnyBrad

Shows both as a widget or in the actual calendar app?

In app I assume.

apple_iphone_calendar.jpg

Agenda and month view on main screen.

Jorte Calendar does this BTW but its ugly as sin.

Top Bottom