• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

I resisted for as long as I could, but you guys were right. Pocket Casts is amazing, and I have dropped DoggCatcher completely. Pocket Casts is superior in every way. Feels good to be on the winning side.

Only question is: Is there a way to have it automatically download new episodes? Can't find a setting for that.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yeah. You'll need to make a smart playlist.

I resisted for as long as I could, but you guys were right. Pocket Casts is amazing, and I have dropped DoggCatcher completely. Pocket Casts is superior in every way. Feels good to be on the winning side.

Only question is: Is there a way to have it automatically download new episodes? Can't find a setting for that.

Go to Settings->Episode Updates->Check for new episodes and set when you want it to check and download. I have mine set to an hour before I leave work.

_Isaac

How does it compare to BeyondPod?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So I've been using Feedly lately as my first RSS reader and loving it. I recently noticed Flipboard on my phone (don't know if it's always been there or if it's new or what) and really liked the look and feel of it. I much prefer 'flipping' between pages over scrolling (that only seems to be available for some articles?). Is it basically another RSS reader app like Feedly or something different?

Socreges

Banned
What do you guys use to play your music if it's stored on an external SD card?

Used to use Google Play, but it seems like that's no longer an option..?

vdlow

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. I used Play, but one day Google Play just replaced it... and things were never the same.

Strange. I use android stock music player since the days of Gingerbread and it never stoped to read my SD card songs.

moojito

What do you guys use to play your music if it's stored on an external SD card?

Used to use Google Play, but it seems like that's no longer an option..?

Power amp. I remember thinking I'd never pay for a music app on my phone. Installed the trial version to see why everyone kept raving about it, and bought it a few days later. It's the best.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So I tried the stock camera that was posted here and it's not too hot. The default S3 camera shits all over it. It's too basic and doesn't offer too much to work with unlike with everything you get with TouchWiz. The gallery is OK, but I prefer the TouchWiz one. I did like photosphere but that's about it.

So Falcon Pro is (kind of) back.

As you might know, Falcon Pro has reached its maximum amount of users.

That doesn't mean the app is dead, that means I had to find a way to provide updates for existing users only. And I found a way to do just that.

Falcon Pro updates will now be available for free from http://getfalcon.pro

Please install over your current installation.

The condition to use the updates is to already own a token.

If you already own a token (you already used the app before), you can login via the "sign in" button on the top right of the Twitter login page (ignore the error message)

That way, existing users can still get updates and enjoy the app, and I'm not breaking any Twitter rule.

I'm living a big change in my life at the moment, I'm starting a new job and moving countries. So don't expect as many updates as before, I'll be too busy with my new job soon.

But in the meantime, you can already download the latest Falcon Pro update, v2.0.4 !

v2.0.4 Changelog :

- Brand new mobilizer - seamless integration of articles in the app !
- New image loaded scale animations
- Little improvements and fixes

Hope you all enjoy it !

One more thing :

I want to try a little experiment with this version of the app.

If you don't own a token, there's still a way to log in... but you have to find it :)

I want to see how long it'll take you to unlock the hidden feature.

Make sure to let me know your findings, let the experiment begin :)

It all starts here : http://getfalcon.pro

HildyB

I did the same thing, tried Pocket Casts because DoggCatcher has been a little wonky since the version upgrade over BT. Loving loving loving Pocket Casts. I had it set to download new episodes (up to 3) but since I restored my phone... I can't seem to find the setting again. I think I may have long pressed on the podcast title for a submenu, don't have my phone here at work to verify though.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
I did the same thing, tried Pocket Casts because DoggCatcher has been a little wonky since the version upgrade over BT. Loving loving loving Pocket Casts. I had it set to download new episodes (up to 3) but since I restored my phone... I can't seem to find the setting again. I think I may have long pressed on the podcast title for a submenu, don't have my phone here at work to verify though.
Playlist settings.

equap

Banned
concerning Google Play Music, I like to keep all the music on my phone because I don't have unlimited data and my service is pretty spotty some places. so is there a way for me to back up the music so when i flashed a new version of aokp or whatever, I don't have to download allll the music again.

kehs

Banned
Are there any android apps that don't want me to pay for auto refresh? I'd use it more if that was the case.

3phemeral

I think this is a hilarious way to get around Twitter's token limit. "100k user per Twitter client? Okay, every user will have their own "official" Twitter client, then."

I just finished the process and it's quick. I wasn't able to log on and the old one was giving my license check issues again. I was actually about to uninstall until I stumbled across that same link.

kehs

Banned
They said the tablet version is still in the works and will release soonish.

I sideloaded it from my phone.

yeat, its definitely in the works, the action bar is totally messed up.

Funnily enough, the old app use to only work in landscape on my n7, now it only works in portrait on it while side loaded.

Groof

I sideloaded it from my phone.

yeat, its definitely in the works, the action bar is totally messed up.

Funnily enough, the old app use to only work in landscape on my n7, now it only works in portrait on it while side loaded.

Yeah the Skype app has always been all kinds of strange. The best part of this update is how they
mis
placed the logout button.

kehs

Banned
The notification badge for Outlook is so bad.

Everytime it pops up it looks like a badge that has a Zero on it, as in I have no new messages. Makes my brain hurt.

Gaaraz

What's the best camera app? My S3 is so much better since I installed CM10, but I much preferred TouchWiz's camera app... the stock one is just confusing and not at all well labelled (also HDR is worthless unless you have a tripod)

bob page

What's the best camera app? My S3 is so much better since I installed CM10, but I much preferred TouchWiz's camera app... the stock one is just confusing and not at all well labelled (also HDR is worthless unless you have a tripod)

I'd probably either install the new 4.3 camera APK or get Camera Zoom FX.

Gaaraz

Thanks! I'll update CM as soon as it has the new camera, Camera Zook looks interesting, but it looks like they put a watermark over the photos?! On a paid app... wth?

vdlow

Thanks! I'll update CM as soon as it has the new camera, Camera Zook looks interesting, but it looks like they put a watermark over the photos?! On a paid app... wth?

No it doesn't. I bought the app about a year ago and none of my pictures have a watermark.

Top Bottom