• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My Nova gestures won't work with themer because it's essentially a launcher, right?

pappe

Is there a good working app through which i can download videos from streaming sites? Really hard to trust the user reviews on the play store.

I posted in the regular Android OT but here it is again.

What's the best email client for Android?

On the iOS I like Mailbox and Sparrow, they don't seem to have them for Android. This LG email client seems to be like a piece of shit, LOL. I hate the look.

Any better ones out there?

_Isaac

Do you have a lot of email accounts? Are they from different providers or whatever? I just use my gmail app, and that works well for me.

JonnyBrad

I posted in the regular Android OT but here it is again.

What's the best email client for Android?

On the iOS I like Mailbox and Sparrow, they don't seem to have them for Android. This LG email client seems to be like a piece of shit, LOL. I hate the look.

Any better ones out there?

If you need exchange try enhanced email. If not go with kaiten mail.

Google are going to release an updated stock email app onto the store with 4.4 at the end of this month if the rumours are true.

Do you have a lot of email accounts? Are they from different providers or whatever? I just use my gmail app, and that works well for me.

I haven't found anything nearly as nice as Mailbox unfortunately. Though gmail is really nice on Android.

I wish the Gmail app supported unified inboxes. Other than that it is fine.

If you need exchange try enhanced email. If not go with kaiten mail.

Google are going to release an updated stock email app onto the store with 4.4 at the end of this month if the rumours are true.

I use Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo, with multiple accounts and yes I need all of them unfortunately.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
What's the best volume booster/bass booster app for Android? I bought a pair of those snazzy Motörheadphones and I wanna listen to Motörhead and Ramones as loud as possible.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
What's the best volume booster/bass booster app for Android? I bought a pair of those snazzy Motörheadphones and I wanna listen to Motörhead and Ramones as loud as possible.
When I switched from gingerbread to ICS the volume booster app I was using said those types of apps are impossible on new versions of Android.

I don't know how true that may be or if the dev just didn't bother to.

Threi

notag
i'd prefer forums have proper mobile sites instead of relying on tapatalk but I don't really have much of an issue with it.

I've been using Buzz Launcher, and I really like it. Especially all of those user created home packs. Although it does cement the fact that some people have no sense of design.

-Amon-

I'd like to share simple notes between two users ( on different phones obviously ).

Both should be able to edit.

Like Evernote Business, but free if possible. Something really intuitive. I know you can share docs in edit mode via google drive for example, but my wife would like something really easy to use :)

Any ideas ?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'd like to share simple notes between two users ( on different phones obviously ).

Like Evernote Business, but free if possible. Something really intuitive. I know you can share docs in edit mode via google drive for example, but my wife would like something really easy to use :)

Any ideas ?

Well, pardon if this isn't exactly what you mean, but Google Keep does have a "Share" option where you can send notes to others via pretty much any app. Just select a particular note you'd like to share, hit the little pop-out drawer thingy, and "Share" is an option.

Of course it's free, too, so it may be worth checking out for you.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Any ideas ?
Can't you just set up evernote and both have the username/password?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Can't you just set up evernote and both have the username/password?

If you go the same password route then just about any software that syncs to cloud would work.

I second the Keep option above. Particularly since you can create a permanent note to be shared (don't have to re-share every time).

-Amon-

Well, pardon if this isn't exactly what you mean, but Google Keep does have a "Share" option where you can send notes to others via pretty much any app. Just select a particular note you'd like to share, hit the little pop-out drawer thingy, and "Share" is an option.

Of course it's free, too, so it may be worth checking out for you.

I'll check that too, thanks

wilflare

It's like phone/tablet difference. I bought both of them when they were on sale a year or so ago anyway. I figured at some point I'd get a tablet and I did.

thanks! I ended up buying both and keeping the Pro version on my Note 3

by sale, you mean that awesome 25cents sale?

yogloo

seems like a pretty fun app!
i'll mess around with Sketchbook a little more first before buying more apps :X

Sketchbook is really complex (or I might be really dumb) and I never really got used to it. Layerpaint is pretty simplistic and I really like it.

3phemeral

doubt such a sale will make a return anytime soon right?

That year there was a a bunch of sales almost back to back. I was actually wondering a few weeks ago why there hasn't been anything similar hitting the Play Store. I'm glad I took advantage of it then. Unfortunate that I never got a chance to play some of those games I bought because they just never worked on my TF101.

Top Bottom