• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

CyanogenMod Installer Release

Today we are exiting the ‘beta’ status phase and providing the CyanogenMod Installer for general release. The Play store application is now available, and the PC client component will be available shortly is now available.

A special “Thank You” to all of the beta testers, which at current count, is a community with over 7000 members. The reception and demand we’ve received for the installer shows the value in breaking down the barrier to entry that we sought to address. We will continue to work on supporting additional devices beyond the initial set, but we are proud to say that we are supporting the majority of flagship models currently on the market. For a list of currently supported models, please see our Installer wiki page.

After this release, we will also refresh the layout and design of our Download Portal, making it easier to find the builds for your devices. By visiting download.cyanogenmod.org, you will be able to intuitively filter and search for your device, and select whether you would like the latest stable or nightly build. Gone are the days of having to memorize your device’s code-name. Keep an eye out for that update.
one more for the good guys

cynostic

Didnt really know where to ask this, but figured it would be best here.

I'm looking for an app for writing - documents, reports, generally everything. I'm not looking for too much support, just a basic writing tool. But I want something that'll be on both my GS2 and iPad, and obviously syncable so I can access the docs from both. What's the best way to do this? I'm up for any suggestions, cloud or whatever. Thanks :)

Detox

Is there an app that defines words in the same window rather than doing a google search? Something similar to dictionary for Chrome or define in ios.

Salsa

pushbullet's new thing with Android notifications is almost perfect and surprisingly useful

the trouble comes when you get say, two whatsapp messages together. In that case the PC notification just says "2 new messages", meaning you still have to pick up your phone to see what the message is.

to be fair that's how it is in the notification bar too, so I guess it's to be expected

wilflare

pushbullet's new thing with Android notifications is almost perfect and surprisingly useful

the trouble comes when you get say, two whatsapp messages together. In that case the PC notification just says "2 new messages", meaning you still have to pick up your phone to see what the message is.

to be fair that's how it is in the notification bar too, so I guess it's to be expected

it's one of the best things yet.
how I hope they differentiated between the Chrome on my Macbook and the Chrome on my PC though...

Alpende

Is there an app that turns on your WiFi / Mobile internet when you turn your screen on and leaves it on for x amount of minutes after you turn your screen off? I know Juice Defender does this but I want something more simple

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
AntennaPod for me. Far and away the best free podcast app.

Also FoxIt PDF just got support due Google drive and sky drive.

Emwitus

I'm loving the changes!! The dialer looks nice and the whole the goes well with my aviate launcher now. Given new life to my n4.

Hate that the stupid nav and task bar are still solid. Really google? Is that even a feature? Frak me.

Groof

I heard Tasker is a must have for Android, but I don't know any good profiles. I have a Nexus 5.
Tasker is very powerful, but it's clunky as hell to use. But to give you some examples of what you can do here's what I use:
On my phone I have it turn on screen lock when off my home WiFi and off when back on it.
For both phone and tablet I have it put them on silent at a specific time and turn on sound at another.
For just my tablet I have it turn sound back on if it's on silent when I enter specific apps, like YouTube for example.

I also used to have screen rotate off on my phone and let tasker turn it back on and off on an app to app basis.

You guys need to check out Tweedle. The Dev just completely rebuilt the app and it might be one of the only Android Twitter apps that rivals the clean polish of Tweetbot. It's a tiny bit laggy when you first load it but I'm sure that'll get better in time.

And it's free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handlerexploit.tweedle

Wow this is great. Changed theme to Falcon (dark colors) and turned on in-line media preview. Awesome. I like the way they handle profiles and mentions.

bye, falcon.

does it support Push Notifications?

Yes.

Jintor

Hey so I want to take some pictures on my phone and upload them straight to a photo sharing service gallery where I can get the JPG links. Anything in particular I should use? Anything preferred?

Tweedle doesn't support proper push notifications. The device polls a server continuously to see if there are any updates. Nice looking client though.

Top Bottom