• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

So I have a question but I'm having trouble finding help elsewhere. I used GoSMSpro for a while as my messaging app, but now I've switched to Hangouts. I'd like to uninstall GoSMSpro now, but I'm concerned about my messages. If I uninstall it, will I lose any messages I've sent using it? I'd like to keep all my old messages, if possible.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I have a question but I'm having trouble finding help elsewhere. I used GoSMSpro for a while as my messaging app, but now I've switched to Hangouts. I'd like to uninstall GoSMSpro now, but I'm concerned about my messages. If I uninstall it, will I lose any messages I've sent using it? I'd like to keep all my old messages, if possible.

I think hangouts has an import feature. Check the settings.

I think hangouts has an import feature. Check the settings.

It does, and I have said to import them, but I notice that they haven't all been brought over from GoSMSPro, which has me concerned.

EDIT: Actually, it appears they have been brought over, they just took a while to show up. If they are now appearing in Hangouts, does that definitely mean they are stored independently from GoSMSPro and that I can delete the app?

AndyD

aka andydumi
It does, and I have said to import them, but I notice that they haven't all been brought over from GoSMSPro, which has me concerned.

EDIT: Actually, it appears they have been brought over, they just took a while to show up. If they are now appearing in Hangouts, does that definitely mean they are stored independently from GoSMSPro and that I can delete the app?

I assume so. Not sure, but it would make sense. Otherwise import would not be importing, but just cross referencing.

SMS messages are written to and read from a database that is independent of any SMS apps that you may have or use. you can safely uninstall GoSMS Pro.

vdlow

Submarino Conversível;93632851 said:
I disagree, the traffic and transportation cards are woth it alone. Also, the flight info cards also work here.

I use my N4 in english-us, so I have all the functions.

I didn't know the flight cards worked here. That's nice.

Quixzlizx

Is there a comic reader out there that's better than Komik? I don't want one that connects to online readers, just one that can read local zip/rar archives.

Also, my second-gen N7 just arrived yesterday, and it didn't auto-download the apps on my google account. Is there somewhere I need to go to make that happen? I didn't see a "Download All" option in the Play store.

DagsJT

Is there a comic reader out there that's better than Komik? I don't want one that connects to online readers, just one that can read local zip/rar archives.

Also, my second-gen N7 just arrived yesterday, and it didn't auto-download the apps on my google account. Is there somewhere I need to go to make that happen? I didn't see a "Download All" option in the Play store.

I used Perfect Viewer on my N7.

Would you consider adding some intents to your app so I can add Tasker integration to it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuOQLQ3Fhts :)

Sure!

BTW to anyone using it. Also updated with a few more things:
Standard deviation
Number sequences: Arithmetic,Geometric,Fibonacci
Random number generator: integers,integer set,sequence,composite/prime numbers,even/odd numbers
Percent Error
Atmosphere
Depth of Field

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.converteverything

Anony

anyone using battery saving apps?
i like juice defender's (on free) options, and i want more customizations options so i'm thinking of getting the ultimate version, but juice defender hasn't had any updates in 1-2 years
is there any other good alternatives? i've seen deep sleep and green power (or something like that) and they just don't have the amount of customizations found in JD

XDDX

anyone using battery saving apps?
i like juice defender's (on free) options, and i want more customizations options so i'm thinking of getting the ultimate version, but juice defender hasn't had any updates in 1-2 years
is there any other good alternatives? i've seen deep sleep and green power (or something like that) and they just don't have the amount of customizations found in JD
Greenify if you have root.

Kansoku

I'm using Google Keep for taking notes, but I just lost a pretty big note accidentally (I was writing stuff on it, and suddenly everything was gone). Now I'm afraid something like this will happen again, so I'm looking for a new app. One with Undo/Redo functions and that I can access my notes on my computer (As easy as Keep is). And I've tried Evernote before, so that's ruled out.

vdlow

I'm using Google Keep for taking notes, but I just lost a pretty big note accidentally (I was writing stuff on it, and suddenly everything was gone). Now I'm afraid something like this will happen again, so I'm looking for a new app. One with Undo/Redo functions and that I can access my notes on my computer (As easy as Keep is). And I've tried Evernote before, so that's ruled out.
Have you tried Springpad yet?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone else using https://www.coverscreen.com/?

Context aware lock screen replacement. Quite liking it so far.

I've used similar apps but found them to be a massive battery drain.

I have been using it for about a week and it's just OK. I find that it is unreliable in detecting anything other than home/work. Also it is not very clever on the apps in my experience. I wish it allowed for half preset half smart so I can make sure certain ones always appear.

And as said above it has been the #1 battery drain. Not terrible, but noticeable. I have deactivated it for now but left it installed because I want to see how the update progress goes.

Greenify if you have root.

This. Greenify is excellent.

kIdMuScLe

What's the best battery saver and location based WiFi app? I'm not rooted so don't tell me to root cuz I have the moto g right now. I miss the power saver app from xperia z. Shit worked so well and this is why I don't like stock vanilla android ROM that much...

bob page

What's the best battery saver and location based WiFi app? I'm not rooted so don't tell me to root cuz I have the moto g right now. I miss the power saver app from xperia z. Shit worked so well and this is why I don't like stock vanilla android ROM that much...

I like Wi-Fi Matic- works great & free. Automatically switches on/off wifi based on which networks are available.

Yesterday's Dolphin Browser update made this app very very fast. Websites used to get hung up the last quarter of their loading and I would sometimes have to press the stop loading button.

It's fixed now and working great.

After trying tons of different apps, I cannot find something that behaves like LockInfo in iOS, I love my Note 3 but I really, really miss this feature of Jailbroken iOS

LockInfo3-200x300.jpg

If someone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

These are the apps I have tried:

GoLockScreen: Closest thing I have found since they updated it to receive notifications, unfortunately, the notifications in this app are completely disconnected from the OS so if I dismiss something in it, the notification is still pending in Android.

Nils: I love the customization of this one as far as theme colors go, but the way it stacks the notifications kind of sucks, plus I cant find a way to put this in my lockscreen, I want to see it as soon as I press the power button on my phone, I always need to put it to the right or left using the stock Note 3 Touchwiz Lockscreen or GoLockScreen.

Dashcock: Pretty much the same as Nils.

Executive assistant: Very close but it is very ugly and again, cant find a way to put it right in the lockscreen when I turn my phone on.

All I want is something with collapsible drawers grouped by app, and I want the last app to have a notification to be at the top.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You can make Dash clock the main screen on the lock screen. Otherwise, I don't know of any apps just like the iOS one. I'm surprised that one is still around, honestly. I used that one years ago.

Hey gaf wondering if any of you could recommend me some useful statistics calculations to add to my app? So far I've got this:

Sample Size,Confidence Interval,Mean, Median, Mode,Standard Deviation,Geometric Mean,Root Mean Square/Quadratic Mean,Probability - Single Event,Simple/Linear Regression,Correlation Co-efficient,Harmonic Mean,Standard Error,Coefficient of Variation,Weighted Mean,Standard / Z score,Percentile Rank,Coefficient of Determination,Permutation, Combination,Binomial Distribution

If anyone wants to test them
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.converteverything

After trying tons of different apps, I cannot find something that behaves like LockInfo in iOS, I love my Note 3 but I really, really miss this feature of Jailbroken iOS

LockInfo3-200x300.jpg

If someone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

These are the apps I have tried:

GoLockScreen: Closest thing I have found since they updated it to receive notifications, unfortunately, the notifications in this app are completely disconnected from the OS so if I dismiss something in it, the notification is still pending in Android.

Nils: I love the customization of this one as far as theme colors go, but the way it stacks the notifications kind of sucks, plus I cant find a way to put this in my lockscreen, I want to see it as soon as I press the power button on my phone, I always need to put it to the right or left using the stock Note 3 Touchwiz Lockscreen or GoLockScreen.

Dashcock: Pretty much the same as Nils.

Executive assistant: Very close but it is very ugly and again, cant find a way to put it right in the lockscreen when I turn my phone on.

All I want is something with collapsible drawers grouped by app, and I want the last app to have a notification to be at the top.

On your Note3, turn off lockscreen clock or personal message. This would make your lockscreen EMPTY. Now Nils will default to your main lockscreen.

The way android/touch wiz handles notifications is the feature from iOS that I miss the most. But Nils comes close if you have it setup as your main lockscreen, like I do.

Then I use SMS notify to handle all my text notifications (if you're not using hangouts) because for some reason the default system SMS notifications don't play nice with Nils.

On your Note3, turn off lockscreen clock or personal message. This would make your lockscreen EMPTY. Now Nils will default to your main lockscreen.

The way android/touch wiz handles notifications is the feature from iOS that I miss the most. But Nils comes close if you have it setup as your main lockscreen, like I do.

Then I use SMS notify to handle all my text notifications (if you're not using hangouts) because for some reason the default system SMS notifications don't play nice with Nils.

Thank you so much, your post made me look into WidgetLocker and using Nils on my lockscreen.

After fiddling around a bit with it, I managed to do this:
5QvHHeR.png

Its so much better than before, still not the same as LockInfo, but close enough and it might be even better since I can Pin important Notifications to it.

Anybody in here used/tried TuneSync?

I purchased it and set everything up but it only transfers 1 song from each playlist, some playlists don't transfer anything over.

I'm past the refund time of 15 minutes. I contacted customer support twice. And nothing.

Yep Press is awesome. Full screen mode is amazing on my Nexus 5. I would even say it's the best mobile RSS reader period. And I've used Reeder on iOS as well.

vdlow

I would rather use gReader (which I actually use), Reader HD, or even the stock Feedly app over Press. I gave 3 or 4 chances but there's something in this app that really bugs me.

The best RSS reader just got updated with a dark theme and immersive mode for kitkat.
Press v1.5

Press is great and has great support too. I emailed them today about wanting to bring back the tap zone for marking items read, and they emailed me back in minutes just the same as when I emailed them when they first launched.

eznark

Banned
Only problem I have with Press (and it makes it unusable for me) is that it doesn't mark as read as you scroll. Absolute must have feature in an RSS reader for me.

Groof

I love Press and the update yesterday was absolutely great. The update interface is stellar and immersive mode + tighter Pocket integration just makes everything so much better.
Next I just hope Pocket implements immersive mode too.

Detox

Only problem I have with Press (and it makes it unusable for me) is that it doesn't mark as read as you scroll. Absolute must have feature in an RSS reader for me.
You could just select an article and mark all articles below or above it as read. It takes a second, swipe to the left and hit either icon.

Top Bottom