• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Press' update jacked up landscape view for tablets. Now I only see the article list as opposed to the article list and the article, half screened each.

Updated a couple of my apps today

Convert Everything
Pixels and Aspect Ratio
Area: Conical Frustum,Regular Incircle Polygon
Number Properties

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.converteverything

Finance Wizard
Gross Domestic Product
Asset Depreciation
Cash Certificate Issue Price
Discounted Interest
FCNR Cash Certificates Issue Price
FCNR Monthly Income Deposits
FCNR Quarterly Income Deposits
Maturity Value
Special Recurring Deposits
Pivot Points Trading

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.financewizard

Requests/suggestions/bugs shoot me a PM :)

When using DashClock for my lock screen, how do I make it look like this when I turn the screen on:

net.nurik.roman.dashclock_5.png

?????

I like all that extra info.

Mine looks all condensed like this:
net.nurik.roman.dashclock_4.png

but with the drag unlock circle instead of the 9 dots. If I swipe left and then right I can get all that info, but I want it to be there when I wake it up.

Anyone know how to bypass region locks for the play store? I've seen a bunch of games only available in Japan that I wanna buy. I know piracy is frowned upon, so I figure this is the only choice I can go with.

XDDX

Amazon is giving $5 credit to anyone that downloads something from the Amazon App Store starting on the 24th and you can just download a free app to get the credit.

From Android Police.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Amazon app store credit. Ugh, no thanks.

jwk94

Does anybody have the APK for the current version of Surviving High School? I can't download it on my Galaxy Nexus because it's "incompatible."

eznark

Banned
You also made finance wizard as well right? My work revolves around a lot of those ratios and also happens to involve a lot of travel so being able to pull that up as opposed to trying to manipulate a spreadsheet on my phone has been great. You do really excellent work. I also appreciate the easy access to the formulas. It's going on my best practices list.

You also made finance wizard as well right? My work revolves around a lot of those ratios and also happens to involve a lot of travel so being able to pull that up as opposed to trying to manipulate a spreadsheet on my phone has been great. You do really excellent work. I also appreciate the easy access to the formulas. It's going on my best practices list.

Thanks! yes that is mine also. Glad you find it useful :)

jwk94

Is there a way for me to set my phone to appear like it's not rooted? I think Surviving High School is preventing me from downloading because I'm rooted.

EDIT:
I officially hate Android. Getting Surviving HIgh School on my Galaxy Nexus is virtually impossible.

Bboy AJ

Is there a way for me to set my phone to appear like it's not rooted? I think Surviving High School is preventing me from downloading because I'm rooted.

EDIT:
I officially hate Android. Getting Surviving HIgh School on my Galaxy Nexus is virtually impossible.
Whose fault is that? It's a developer problem, not an Android one.

markot

Banned
I don't like the changes Samsung made to the default browser in note 3.

Can only sync Samsung account bookmarks and lab support for side swipe stuff.

I own pocket casts on android and want it now on my shiny new iPod touch 16gb. Is it remotely possible for that to happen? I realise this is more of an iDevice question but hey

jokkir

EDIT:

Yes, an Xposed module can do that. And it looks like you're rooted already so you're good to go.

DrFurbs

Guys what camera and filter app do you use most. I've tried camera 360 which is OK and VXSCO can which is supposed to be some sort of mobile standard in cams..fuck if I can work it out tho.

I'd like something that produces great images with nice filters.

Hieberrr

Guys what camera and filter app do you use most. I've tried camera 360 which is OK and VXSCO can which is supposed to be some sort of mobile standard in cams..fuck if I can work it out tho.

Try focal?

Been using Beautiful Widgets (premium version, or whatever it's called, not the free one) for a couple years, and I've been having some issues lately.

- Weather widget is stuck on Rome, Italy. Even if I change the order of the cities I have, it'll be stuck on that one unless I remove everything but the city I want to have. Also, it cannot load my current position for some reason.

- Crashes randomly while I'm playing, browing the interwebs or whatever.

Any help please ? (mostly for the weather widget, I don't really care about the crashes).

(Moto G, Android 4.3. Having the same problems with LG L5-2 with 4.2.2, never happened on my HTC Hero and Galaxy S2)

VSCO Cam's controls are not clear at first, as the app is a textbook case of modern design requires more than flat minimalist icons. But it is, without question, one of the best collection of photo editing tools on Android.

Take time to learn it and you'll be happy you did.

vdlow

I use CameraZoomFX for taking pictures, and if I want to add some filters I edit the photo with Snapseed.

Any recommendations for a good Phone, Contacts, Call Log app?

I'm using Contacts+ which is pretty good, just wondering if there is anything out there better.

Anyone know if there are any relatively good voice enabled translation apps available? Going to be travelling around Europe this summer and might need some assistance from time to time.

Top Bottom