• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Was thinking about that, but whenever I click "Download the latest version of Cyanogen Mod" it takes me to the download page and under Droid X says "None at this time."

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version#Motorola_Droid_X

I know they had been working on a version for the X, but do they have a stable build ready?

EDIT: Might have found one elsewhere. Any way to get the rom file to my SD card if I don't have my cable with me? Can I put it in dropbox and somehow save it to my SD?

Yep just send it to dropbox then export to SD from your phone

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
another question. is there an alternative to Light Flow? $2.50 to change some lights seems too high. Blah blah blah "Android users don't pay for apps" but this would be a no brainer at $0.99 for me.

Wow.

flippedb

Banned
Don't know if it was alredy posted, but Firefox got an update. Now it's more fast and responsive. The UI seems friendlier too. You guys should check it out.

Kylie_Karnage

Neo Member
I know I don't have any rep under this new account, and I don't want to seem like I'm advertising, but my coworkers and I have been working on this app we just released to Google Play in beta, and I would love to see what you guys think of it.

It's called Super TTT and it's super tic tac toe, if you've ever played it. We are still working out some kinks and are building the iOS, tablet, and FaceBook versions now. Feel free to start a game with me! My username is Kylie.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cannygroup.superttt

Menaged

Not sure if it fits here, but yeah...

So around tomorrow I should get my first smartphone (HTC One X) and I have a small question:

Is there a place \ software where I can download songs legally if I'm not from the US?
It's just that I have a bunch of CD's which I'd like to buy and I'd prefer to go digital.

kehs

Banned
I'm not :( Front page used to show all my subscriptions, now I have to page through them because the icons are larger. The font on the headline pages is larger too resulting in headlines been cut short. WTH google. (yes I have font set to small)

Really? I still see the same amount on my phone.

Doopliss

Not sure if it fits here, but yeah...

So around tomorrow I should get my first smartphone (HTC One X) and I have a small question:

Is there a place \ software where I can download songs legally if I'm not from the US?
It's just that I have a bunch of CD's which I'd like to buy and I'd prefer to go digital.
There's an Amazon MP3 app, if that's available in your county. But you know you can play any DRM-free music you have, right? So you could download stuff on a PC (from iTunes or wherever), then just connect your phone via USB and drag-and-drop the files over.

Menaged

Oh, I can download music from iTunes and use it on a non iPhone device? For some reason I didn't think it's possible (Apple and all...).

Futureman

alight I'll learn to code and undercut this guy. If you know anything about coding it probably takes about a day to create this app.

LIST OF PROGRAMS

LIST OF LIGHT COLORS

WHICH GOES WITH WHICH.

$2.50. hahahahahaahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha. sorry i'll give that to a hobo so he can get a 40.

kehs

Banned
alight I'll learn to code and undercut this guy. If you know anything about coding it probably takes about a day to create this app.

LIST OF PROGRAMS

LIST OF LIGHT COLORS

WHICH GOES WITH WHICH.

$2.50. hahahahahaahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha. sorry i'll give that to a hobo so he can get a 40.

Are you being serious? Wow.

Futureman

Not all of us are rich hipsters...

yep I'm pretty damn poor. I asked if there was a cheaper alternative, big whoop. I'll probably buy it eventually, settle down GAF.

and I looked at it closer on Play Store and really doesn't look like much too it. Would it really be that hard to code? I mean whatever, the guy can charge what he wants obviously and I think it's sweet that people can make money off the app store like this.

I still want to get a bum drunk tonight.

kehs

Banned
yep I'm pretty damn poor. I asked if there was a cheaper alternative, big whoop. I'll probably buy it eventually, settle down GAF.

and I looked at it closer on Play Store and really doesn't look like much too it. Would it really be that hard to code? I mean whatever, the guy can charge what he wants obviously and I think it's sweet that people can make money off the app store like this.

I still want to get a bum drunk tonight.

So code it.

d[-_-]b

Banned
It's a semi fun project but it looks like quite a bit of work, using a more generic approach and can't really test color notifications because my vibrant only supports white led notifications... so what was the purpose of the app again lol....

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm thinking of picking up the RSS reader Good News. Anyone who has recently looked extensively into RSS readers have anything to say? I have previously used Rob News and have been using gReader.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Can someone tell me how the hell you access music from your google play cloud on your phone? I've got a bunch of music uploaded, I have my account selected under options on the music player on my phone, but no google play music.

On a moto droid with 2.2.

Can someone tell me how the hell you access music from your google play cloud on your phone? I've got a bunch of music uploaded, I have my account selected under options on the music player on my phone, but no google play music.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but have you installed the Google Play Music app from the Play Store?

torontoml

I just got an S III and I'm trying to use the stock calendar widget, but it only gives me a single day. Is there anyway to get the full month or is there another good widget available that i can use?

I'm using Nova Launcher Prime if that effects anything.

Ecto311

Are there any apps like flixel on the iphone for android? Any apps that let me take a small clip and mask parts to stay animated?

AndyD

aka andydumi

Make sure its synced. Under settings I think you can force a first sync.

Dwayne

Is there a good app for basic cataloging? looking to catalog my arcade pcbs, preferably with custom fields. Most of what I find is "scan the barcode" style software for specific uses.

Bboy AJ

I'm thinking of picking up the RSS reader Good News. Anyone who has recently looked extensively into RSS readers have anything to say? I have previously used Rob News and have been using gReader.

Well, I grabbed Goodnews. There are way too many options and they're so confusing. I also couldn't get offline syncing working for some reason. I had to rebuild the database and all that but now that I'm set up, things are great.

The actual UI is holo themed, for the most part, so it's nice. Just the initial set up is a pain.

Bboy AJ

What makes Nova better than the stock launcher?

saunderez

More features. Remove the search bar, gesture swipe, change desktop animation, ability to save how your desktop looks and restore it at a later date and more

I particularly like the pretty folder options for the desktop. My home screen currently looks like this.

icnGq6c6aui1r.png

Bboy AJ

More features. Remove the search bar, gesture swipe, change desktop animation, ability to save how your desktop looks and restore it at a later date and more

Any performance upgrades? The ability to restore seems good. I should switch for merely that alone.

Top Bottom