• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm this Broken Sword game looks kinda fun, I think I'll check it out. Being an android noob I'm loving these sales though I've bought something everyday so far.

buhdeh

Ski safari is fun. Loved it on iOS and got it for full price on android right when I switched. Pretty much the only game I bother playing lol

Gvaz

Banned
I have google now hacked into my phone, but I can only ever get the "distance to work" and weather cards to come up, not sports or anything and I doubt reddit would show up either.

Swag

Am I retarded or does the app still look the same to me?
It may be the same, but I haven't opened the app in ages. I do remember it looking quite different though.

I wish more people used Google+ though, the UI and feature set of that app puts the Facebook application to shame.

BigDes

Dunno why I just bought Broken Sword when funding the kickstarter means I get it free in a month

but oh well

25p is less than a Mars bar

Gaaraz

Why aren't people more excited by these games today? Ski Safari is one of the best pick and play mobile games out there, Order and Chaos is an incredible mobile MMO, and then there's Broken Sword!

Swag

Is there a good toolbox app? Mostly need one for the flashlight, don't want to use the assistive light widget, like to keep my home screens mostly widget free.

Mr_Zombie

Broken Sword playable on a phone? Feel like I would want to play it on a larger screen.

The sad thing is, I have Broken Sword 1 Director's Cut on both Steam and GOG for few months now, but I haven't even installed it. Yet the moment I bought the game on Google Play, I started playing it instantly.

I'm part of the problem :(

jokkir

Man, I can't buy the apps right now and keeps giving me an error. Is it because it's probably switching to todays deals right now?

Shepard

Full apps list:
Smart Tools
Scramble With Friends
Air Control HD
Air Control
Sketchbook Pro
Gravity Guy
Horn
Guns'n'Glory WW2 Premium
Great Big War Game
The Dark Knight Rises
Nova Launcher Prime
Haunted House HD Live Wallpaper
Kids Numbers and Math
Spy Mouse (NA and ROW)

clav

What does Nova Launcher Prime exactly add?

I just watched a YouTube vid, and the guy only read the menu text options out loud without showing the differences.

Looks like standard ICS launcher. Why would you need it?

For unrooted devices stuck with bloatware launchers?

Shepard

What does Nova Launcher Prime exactly add?

I just watched a YouTube vid, and the guy only read the menu text outloud without showing the differences.

In comparison to Nova free? New screen transitions, ability to hide your apps from the drawer, ability to create folders in the drawer, Notifications in Icons (such as unread email count, lost calls, sms) and gestures. Well, I can think of these.

Edit: none of these options are present in the default stock launcher. It also has support for themes.

Gvaz

Banned
Nova Launcher and Apex are highly customizable. It's for people who want more out of their phone. Ever see those really cool/crazy designs? you can't do that in the stock stuff.

xxczx

even though Nova and Apex are very similar with features, they're both very different. Using Apex and then switching to Nova for a bit (because of the update that made Apex crash) was weird. I prefer Apex much better (plus Nova requires paying to hide apps from the drawer while Apex can do that for free)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Nice to see nova launcher in the list of apps for .25, maybe will see other launchers too.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Seriously considering deleting Lookout, do antivirus software actually do anything on phones?
I would recommend droidwall instead of an antivirus. You need root and a kernel that supports iptables, then you can block everything you don't want connecting to the internet.

tino

Banned
I would recommend droidwall instead of an antivirus. You need root and a kernel that supports iptables, then you can block everything you don't want connecting to the internet.

What do you mean iptable, shouldn't all rooted phones support droidwall.

Top Bottom