• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Izayoi

Banned
I'm going crazy trying to find a good minimalist icon set to go with Apex Launcher. I ended up buying Lucid Rounds which was a mistake because the icons are tiny. They don't have to be monochrome, but I'm looking for big, clean icons without a lot of flare. Anyone have any suggestions?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm going crazy trying to find a good minimalist icon set to go with Apex Launcher. I ended up buying Lucid Rounds which was a mistake because the icons are tiny. They don't have to be monochrome, but I'm looking for big, clean icons without a lot of flare. Anyone have any suggestions?

MetroStation? Assuming apex launcher lets you select icons from your gallery.

FloatIRC Beta - OH SNAP!!!

hA5nR.jpg

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I didn't know where to put this, but I thought this was really cute:

I just traveled to Germany, and once I entered the country, Google Now added a new card: Instant translation between English and German. :)
Did this for me in Indonesia recently along with currency conversion card.

Nakazato

anyone one know a legit site that isnt gogle play that has the apk for google wallet att dosen't allow it to be dl'd from the play store :\

tino

Banned
$50 USD...

reminds me of $599 from Sony...

I feel so nostalgic I fired up my Yahoo! Mail account and look up the first GPS PDA kit I brought from TomTom:

Dear tino,

Thank you for shopping at Tiger GPS! We have received your order number
27220, which includes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Code Product Name Price
1 1H50082 TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth GPS for Palm OS 255.59
Sub-Total: 255.59
Tax: 22.08
Shipping & Handling: 7.95
TOTAL: 285.62

basik

is this bullshit? if its real is it legal?

Smsvia.me: Earn money on sms

Earn money on text messages
The easiest money you'll ever make: Get paid for selling your text messages.
1) You usually by packet of text messages, but don’t use them up to the end. This text messages don’t cost you anything and you could make money on them. Think about price and make an offer using this application.

To sign up you have to provide your mobile number and add destinations with prices.
For instance, you subscribed for Vodafone in the UK and you are able to send text messages to every mobile number in the UK for 1c USD. That is nice, because you could resell your text messages, for instance, for 1.5c USD. To do that you have to add destination +44, price for one sms, sent to this destination, and number of text messages that you allow us to send from your mobile phone. Please consider price mentioned earlier just as example, you could think about any price, but take into account that we will choose the best price and if your is too high, we don’t guarantee that we will chose your offer.

To get money you could provide your PayPal, Skrill (MoneyBookers) or Payoneer ID in the application. We will be ready to send you money when you earn at least 1 USD, you have to cover money transfer expenses.

if it is real I'm thinking verizon would maybe block me or something if people complained.

^^^^
:lol

soooooooo, about TomTom

I imagine there was a meeting at TomTom some months ago where it was decided, for whatever reason, that there was a need for them to bring their own maps and navigation apps to Android. Now, after who knows how long, those apps have come to fruition. Only they're quite expensive ($38-$60), and not compatible with, well, any modern device. Not the HTC One X, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S III, or Galaxy Nexus. And no tablets. Or many other relevant devices.

Why? Because the apps are only compatible on devices with 480x800 or 480x854 resolutions. So, high-end phones from two+ years ago. Even most budget phones are shipping with at least qHD resolution nowadays. Good job on that, TomTom.

ahahhahahahahaah holy shit wow

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-doesnt-work-with-any-modern-high-end-device/

Borman

So I haven't had an android phone since January or so, and picked up the Galaxy Nexus. Any must-haves or things I should check out? I know I bought a bunch of stuff during the Christmas sale for $0.10

Accoun

Ehh, me again. I started using GoLauncher and I have some noob questions: for example, the dock is transparent and has this kind of "icons on glass" look. Can I make it darker? I want it to be like transparent black.
Also, how to change the apps on the dock? I may have missed that...

Davidion

Ehh, me again. I started using GoLauncher and I have some noob questions: for example, the dock is transparent and has this kind of "icons on glass" look. Can I make it darker? I want it to be like transparent black.
Also, how to change the apps on the dock? I may have missed that...

1 - You can just change the dock completely. Check your settings.

2 - Click and hold should give you options.

I'm thinking of getting either Nova Launcher Pro or Apex Prime for my Nexus 7, does anyone have a preference between the two or know of any key differences?

Threi

notag
I'm thinking of getting either Nova Launcher Pro or Apex Prime for my Nexus 7, does anyone have a preference between the two or know of any key differences?
You mean Nova Prime or Apex Pro ;)

the full versions of both are extremely similar. I suggest trying the free versions to see what you like better. The free version of Apex has a bit more stuff in it than the free version of Nova, but both are pretty great for getting the job done.

I personally use Nova on my Nexus 7 because it runs a bit more stable, and supports widget overlapping, which i need for my desktop config.

Apex on the other hand has an option to toggle the "tablet UI", something found on larger tablets.

So yeah try both, then pretty much flip a coin.

You mean Nova Prime or Apex Pro ;)

the full versions of both are extremely similar. I suggest trying the free versions to see what you like better. The free version of Apex has a bit more stuff in it than the free version of Nova, but both are pretty great for getting the job done.

I personally use Nova on my Nexus 7 because it runs a bit more stable, and supports widget overlapping, which i need for my desktop config.

Apex on the other hand has an option to toggle the "tablet UI", something found on larger tablets.

So yeah try both, then pretty much flip a coin.

thanks!

Donos

Really like Pulse after trying it out for 5 minutes. One thing i didn't found out so far is how i can sort the sites without deleting and reselecting them in the right order. Thought i could just drag and drop them in the settings menue but it's not working that way.

Don't tell me they don't have this.

Edit: Damn, i'm stupid. You really can just drag and drop the sources in the settings but it just didn't work the first time so i didn't try again. Now i'm happy.

Love this app.

Currently Reduced on Google Play:

Rebuild - $1.00 ($2.99) - This game is great!

Spirits - $1.49 ($2.99)

Andy (Siri for Android) - $0.99 ($2.99)

Minesweeper Professional - $0.99 ($2.99)

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate - $16.95 ($24.95)

Merriam-Webster's Unabridged - $41.95 ($59.95)

Merriam-Webster's Law - $16.95 ($24.95)

Merriam-Webster's Medical - $16.95 ($24.95)

Merriam-Webster's Span-English - $16.95 ($24.95)

Merriam-Webster's Fren-English - $16.95 ($24.95)

Audubon Birds - A Field Guide - $0.99 ($2.99)

3phemeral

Really like Pulse after trying it out for 5 minutes. One thing i didn't found out so far is how i can sort the sites without deleting and reselecting them in the right order. Thought i could just drag and drop them in the settings menue but it's not working that way.

Don't tell me they don't have this.

Edit: Damn, i'm stupid. You really can just drag and drop the sources in the settings but it just didn't work the first time so i didn't try again. Now i'm happy.

Love this app.

Pulse is pretty nice, but one thing I dislike is their confusing built-in browser menu. At the top, they have a left arrow, plus a left- and right-pointing triangle, which I initially wasn't even aware of because I would just use the back button on the navigation bar. The back arrow navigates the user back to the app, while the triangles act as "previous / forward" buttons.

At the least, I would change the back arrows to a home icon or a PULSE logo because it's more immediately and logically identifiable. At the very most: get rid of it entirely because it's a hassle to have to go up and down on opposite ends of the screen for different menu actions. Make left/right swipe forward/back the navigation bar back arrow set to go back to the app.

Also, with the news feed, I don't see why you have to go into a separate edit menu to rearrange your feeds. Allow the user to adjust in the feed after a long press and a drag. Makes it simpler than going into another menu when it's easier to see what kind of news a channel is providing and base the order off of that content.

Lastly, I'd like the option to delete an individual source from the aggregate Pulse news feeds. I like having a good variety of opinions from the Pulse Politics channel, but some of the sources are just so ridiculous, it'd be nice to tell the aggregation, "don't load from this source."

Top Bottom