• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
No joke, the best for me in terms of actual, real 'this is faster than just stepping outside' usefulness—just bookmarking the google search for 'weather' and putting the bookmark on my homepage has been best.

Previously I used Beautiful Widgets, Weather Underground, or the stock News & Weather app. For me, the bookmark is quicker and more accurate.
You don't care about widgets for quicker access?

I either just open Google Now, or use Weather Flow
Might try Weather Flow.

You don't care about widgets for quicker access?

It always seemed to me like the data was not timely enough with those. Maybe because I tend to head out early in the morning and after dinner, so within 15-30 minutes there can be a pretty decent temperature shift where I live. And I'd invariably catch it between polls to wherever they polled to.

So it was pretty and all, but I couldn't really trust it, ha—always found myself grabbing a jacket when I didn't need one, or not grabbing one when I did.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i now own an S3 - whats the best Android App to read some comics or mangas on the device ?

upandaway

Anyone know of a way to have a persistent RSS top icon/notification that always shows how many unread messages you have (I'm using Google Reader)?

In all the RSS readers I tried, it gives you a notification that shows you whenever new stuff come, but the notification disappears once you click on it/clear it even if you still have unread messages.

Anyone know of a way to have a persistent RSS top icon/notification that always shows how many unread messages you have (I'm using Google Reader)?

In all the RSS readers I tried, it gives you a notification that shows you whenever new stuff come, but the notification disappears once you click on it/clear it even if you still have unread messages.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you use Nova or Apex Launcher they have a feature that allows unread counts on your icons, but I can't say I know it works for RSS readers, since I've only used it for gmail

upandaway

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you use Nova or Apex Launcher they have a feature that allows unread counts on your icons, but I can't say I know it works for RSS readers, since I've only used it for gmail
I was more looking for something that always sits in the top bar, but I also tried the feature you mention and doesn't look like it works with RSS Reader HD..

Cr0wn0

Thanks, tried it but it isnt possible to just read jpg files in a convenient way - only the specific comic book files. Anything else for manga reading ?

Give perfect viewer a shot, or you could just zip up the jpegs and change the extension to .cbz and then any comic reader can read them.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Categories would be amazing. Particularly if we can mirror them to folders on the phone in the drawer or on screen. Like Gmail labels for apps we own.

I'm really getting pissed with a feature in SwiftKey - instead of replacing typos it squeezes the correct word in the middle and i have to delete the rest. I even feel less accurate than i was a week ago and most of the suggested words are way off. Why is it so bad all of a sudden?

I'm really getting pissed with a feature in SwiftKey - instead of replacing typos it squeezes the correct word in the middle and i have to delete the rest. I even feel less accurate than i was a week ago and most of the suggested words are way off. Why is it so bad all of a sudden?

I'm definitely becoming more disillusioned with Swiftkey, I've never been a fan of the new layout that 3 brought and can't understand why they don't just offer the old layout as an alternative. It doesn't play nice with a lot of websites (including mobile gaf) and often the predictive options won't display and the keyboard becomes very unresponsive.

Can't help but feel the developers have become complacent. Bit of competition is needed.

demonkaze

so i just got an S3 and i noticed the stock ringtones are terrible. Is there any apps that can give me just a standard ringtone, like the standard one on the iphone?

AndyD

aka andydumi
You can use any mp3 as a ringtone, and there are many websites where you can download ringers, whether songs or standard ring type ones.

snoopen

Yep, i'm finding my swiftkey is correcting words i'm putting in right to something similar.. ie good may become god (not a word i use often)..

would love to see some better competition as well.

so i just got an S3 and i noticed the stock ringtones are terrible. Is there any apps that can give me just a standard ringtone, like the standard one on the iphone?

This, plus you can use an app called RingRoid (something like that anyway) to edit songs on your phone into ringtones.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Swype does the same thing and it is incredibly annoying.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No.

How's Chrome lately? Does scrolling still suck? Text still look like crap?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I have completely redone the OP. Please check out Playboard for our channels and download the app to browse them:

Let me know if there are any issues with how stuff is displaying.

Cheers

Top Bottom