• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

I just searched on the app store and 3 of the humble indie budle games aren't showing up on the app store. Does anyone know why this would be? The games are Splice, Eufloria and Crayon Physics Deluxe.

Angst

I just searched on the app store and 3 of the humble indie budle games aren't showing up on the app store. Does anyone know why this would be? The games are Splice, Eufloria and Crayon Physics Deluxe.

You won't find Sworcery in the app store either. It's common to do exclusive early access through the humble bundle to make it more attractive. Just buy the bundle?

Hay guys.

Just got a nexus 7 (loving it)

Had an iphone 4s with a bunch of games so I have played a lot of the big ones. Regardless is there any game recommendations for me on the play store?

so far I got dead trigger, plague inc and a few others.

Also does anyone else have experience with splashtop THD. It streams just fine and will is good enough for stratagy games. Skyrim is just about playable. Any tips on getting as stable a connection with it as possible?

I had the normal splashtop app on my iPhone which seems to have more options (optimise for network option and reduce quality option which both helped make even borderlands run well streamed to the phone, just screen to small).

I have an ATI card so I get the windowed mode issue but it would be nice to get this running better for when I cant use the TV.

Cheers.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Am I an idiot, or is there not an ad-free version of Angry Birds Star Wars on the Play Store? I can buy it from Amazon's app store, but I hate using that unless I have no other option.

freshair

Hd Widgets updated again, added a couple more lockscreen widgets.

Is that an N7? I'm using it on my N4 and the toggles don't stay persistent. I have to drag down on the clock to "reveal" more of the widgets (and thus the toggles). There doesn't seem a way to make the widgets smaller to accommodate everything.

Angst

Just had a look at their website and DayFrame looks interesting:

http://cloud.tv/dayframe-beta/

dayframe_banner3.png

Threi

notag
Is that an N7? I'm using it on my N4 and the toggles don't stay persistent. I have to drag down on the clock to "reveal" more of the widgets (and thus the toggles). There doesn't seem a way to make the widgets smaller to accommodate everything.
Its on a N7. That sucks if it's not persistent on phones, I'll try it out when my infuse gets updated to CM10.1.

Hey gaf not sure how many people here will find this useful but I made an app that is a collection of currently 20 utilities for text manipulation and statistics. Let me know what you think or any suggestions of course. Those screenshots are old. The store hasn't yet updated the most recent ones from today.

From the description:

Text Utilities is a multi-purpose suite of tools for various text operations.

- Escape/Unescape URL's, URI's, & XML
- Encode/decode Base64
- Adjust cases to/from UPPERCASE, lowercase, sWITCH cASE, Title Case, First letter of sentence
- Trim leading and trailing spaces
- Convert String to hex and vice versa
- Search and replace feature
- Text statistics which include word count, line numbers, character count, space count, word occurences including percentages.
- Import plain text files via SD or internal memory
- Export changes as plain text files
- Lexical density
- Display word count based on word length
- Display unique word count
- Average word length
- Characters without spaces
- Convert binary to string and vice versa
- Compare file or text differences w/ hilighting

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...WZmbHlkZWx1c2lvbnMuYXBwLnRleHR1dGlsaXRpZXMiXQ

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone have a suggestion for an app I can use to sync outlook web access (OWA). My work does not allow activesync, so I need something that uses the owa. ANd I know I can see it in the browser, but its a pain to navigate the calendar that way.

aznpxdd

I know this is gonna be a real redundant question, but what are some must have tablet apps on Android? Just picked up a 7 incher tablet, want to start using some tablet optimized apps. Thanks!

_Isaac

So, Flipboard or Google Currents? Which do you prefer and why? Debating which to use

Flipboard is kinda nice. You can read articles in multiple subjects or categories and also include twitter and facebook content. Google Reader stuff is also nice. I just don't like that there's no tablet version on android.

I don't have much experience with Google Currents. I looked at it once or twice and it was a bit slow at the time. I just never looked back.

Have you tried out Pulse and Feedly? I think both of those are also nice. Pulse allows you to see a lot of options at once, and Feedly just looks really nice. :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I played around with pulse today, and I liked it. I like the layout and the wide range of content you can access.

Mrg8523-

So, Flipboard or Google Currents? Which do you prefer and why? Debating which to use

I like that Flipboard combines my Google Reader feed into one feed unlike Google Currents which separates each subscription into it's own feed. I prefer how Currents looks. Not too big a fan of how Flipboard looks. For me the best choice is Feedly. It keeps Google Reader as one feed and looks wise, it looks closer to Currents but not as nice.

Swag

I used to use Flipboard, but got annoyed that I could only see 1 entry at a time, so I switched to Currents but didn't really like the UI that much, and then I switched back to Feedly and haven't looked back since.
Damn that lock screen setup is pretty amazing, need to mess around with HD Widgets more.

Threi

notag
Yeah seconded on Solid Explorer. The left/right windows are incredibly useful, to the point where I would like to see it on desktop file managers.

Cipherr

Damn the newest Firefox is smooth as HELL. It loads all GIFs perfectly (I used the pics thread to test it) its all 60fps scrolling and its responsive and fast. Better than the stock browser. Has anyone found any fault with it yet? I'm probably gonna switch that to my default browser now.

Amazing work that team has done, wow...

JKTrix

I'm a regular in the Kpop thread which may have one of the highest concentrations of too-large gifs on this site. Firefox handles it effortlessly.

I've been using the X-plore file manager on my GS3, but I think I'll give this Solid one a try. Certainly looks fancy.

reKon

Banned
Damn the newest Firefox is smooth as HELL. It loads all GIFs perfectly (I used the pics thread to test it) its all 60fps scrolling and its responsive and fast. Better than the stock browser. Has anyone found any fault with it yet? I'm probably gonna switch that to my default browser now.

I'm going to try it now

Cudder

damn, trying it now.

For some reason Chrome for Mac has started to shit the bed too recently, not smooth at all. Maybe I'll make a complete switch and just go Firefox all the way, on mobile and Mac, like it was back in the day lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Some people don't like that it doesn't have gestures or that you have to click to bring up all of your tabs to close even your current tab.

None of that bothers me though, and I've switched to it as my default browser. Plus it has flash support as well as extension support for things like stylish.

Cipherr

I'm going to try it now

damn, trying it now.

For some reason Chrome for Mac has started to shit the bed too recently, not smooth at all. Maybe I'll make a complete switch and just go Firefox all the way, on mobile and Mac, like it was back in the day lol.

Some people don't like that it doesn't have gestures or that you have to click to bring up all of your tabs to close even your current tab.

None of that bothers me though, and I've switched to it as my default browser. Plus it has flash support as well as extension support for things like stylish.

Yeah, I had seen a few other posters mention that mobile FF had gotten better in another thread, but I wasn't buying it. On an off chance I just decided to try it anyway though. Damn, its gotten a lot better since I tried it a long while ago. Definitely my default phone browser now. The lack of gestures doesn't bother me, Ive never really used them.

It seems to use haptic feedback on link clicks and switching text fields etc. I like it. Also, it has "Find on page". Maybe the others did too and I just didn't notice, but its nice to have.

It is pretty awesome, but has anyone else ever had a problem with only the stock browser being able to launch handler applications? Like hitting links to the Play Store, only if I'm using the stock browser will the option come up to view it in the Play Store app. I've tried clearing defaults for both the browsers in question and the handler apps, but no dice.

Anyone had that? Irritating, I want to use Firefox!

Cipherr

It is pretty awesome, but has anyone else ever had a problem with only the stock browser being able to launch handler applications? Like hitting links to the Play Store, only if I'm using the stock browser will the option come up to view it in the Play Store app. I've tried clearing defaults for both the browsers in question and the handler apps, but no dice.

Anyone had that? Irritating, I want to use Firefox!

OOOOOOOoooo that could be annoying! Are you saying it doesn't pop the box allowing you to have it launch in the app versus opening the mobile play website? That would sort of suck. I haven't tried any links yet via FFox.

OOOOOOOoooo that could be annoying! Are you saying it doesn't pop the box allowing you to have it launch in the app versus opening the mobile play website? That would sort of suck. I haven't tried any links yet via FFox.

Yeah, and not even Dolphin wants to play nice with these types of links. Annoying is the word!

Top Bottom