• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

KarmaCow

Volksempfanger is so good. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for BeyondPod.

I like it too but the inability to queue podcasts up in playlist is a real bummer. Still, I blind bought Pocket Casts and found it worse then Volksempfanger even though it's only in alpha.

What does it do better than BeyondPod?

I don't think it does anything better really, but it's free. It has a better lockscreen widget in that it's actually a widget instead of just overlaying the ui on the lockscreen.

Emily Chu

Banned
Anyone with "Thumb Keyboard" know how to get rid of this smilely symbol on the v key?
J9Tbd.png

o1OVU.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beansoft.keyboardplus&hl=en

heck I've even sent the devs an email asking the same question.

buhdeh

What does it do better than BeyondPod?

It's free, doesn't look like a frankenstein'd Gingerbread/Holo hybrid, and just feels smoother. I couldn't believe that BeyondPod was actually somewhat laggy (when swiping left and right between pages) on my S3.

If you're a hardcore podcast user, I think BeyondPod is still better since it has so many options but I only listen to 3 podcasts and manual sync/refresh with a lightweight interface is enough for me.

How do you get a link to open in the in app browser? My biggest complaint with Flipboard is that at least on a Nexus 7 all links open externally in Chrome.

And until Currents will pull from Google Reader it doesn't work for me.

Any content that is not from a Flipboard partner shows up as the web page. Scrolling is choppy on my Nexus 7. It drives me nuts.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is there a way to make the labs side popup menu in the 4.1 stock browser bigger? A la ICS Browser + which I can no longer use?

Ctrl A1t Elite

Neo Member
Has anyone else had that problem with WidgetLocker Lockscreen where if you wake it up with the home button on an S3 the lock screen doesn't appear. I'm running Nova Launcher if that helps.

Does anybody know if the special Flipboard RSS URL's can be integrated into other readers? Those are full-text feeds and would be great to track down.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
No that didn't work either. I'll probably just use the default browser until I figure it out. As far as I can tell there is no default for opening a YouTube url in the dolphin settings.
Well, if you ever, figure it out let me know.

Has anyone else had that problem with WidgetLocker Lockscreen where if you wake it up with the home button on an S3 the lock screen doesn't appear. I'm running Nova Launcher if that helps.
For me, giving root privileges to WidgetLocker solved these kind of problems with my phone.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm trying out Firefox, and when I'm on GAF and type a reply, I get the ugliest font in the world and even worse, SwiftKey seems to just not work that great. for example, it won't capitalize words in the beginning and I get this weird thing when I type 'I' by itself it will do it like this: iI. wtf.

I've used the stock and dolphin browser and they work flawlessly...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's free, doesn't look like a frankenstein'd Gingerbread/Holo hybrid, and just feels smoother. I couldn't believe that BeyondPod was actually somewhat laggy (when swiping left and right between pages) on my S3.

If you're a hardcore podcast user, I think BeyondPod is still better since it has so many options but I only listen to 3 podcasts and manual sync/refresh with a lightweight interface is enough for me.
I don't listen to too many podcasts. But Pocket Casts has been working great for me. Maybe it's because I don't know what a good podcast app should be.

Got the nexus 7 and wondering if I still get the free $25 credit.

Did you buy it recently? If so, you don't.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
same here. Got a lot of free stuff from the Amazon app store that I never used but free is free. Ha.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Somehow Amazon's free app of the day is making a comeback after all those shovelware ones.

They do this at opportune times. People just got a bunch of Android devices. They'll see all these great apps for free and install the store on there.

Vic

Just bought Press with the intent of trying it and then get a refund minutes later...

Won't happen now that I've tried it. The ui interface is so good.

Vic

Both Llama and Business Calendar are updated with Holo redesigns in the same day for the holidays.

Christmas ain't over yet!

Edit: DigiCal still looks much better than Business Calendar imo.

strobogo

Banned
My cousin got a NextPad for his kids, but they don't have Google Play apps nor can you download anything from the website. The model is on the list of tablets that should have Google Play, but they don't and no amount of trouble shooting has been able to get me to figure it out. What do I do?

Ocho

Can someone be so kind as to upload the HBO Go and Max Go apk? I don't have access to the US store, but I do have US directv with hbo.

I've searched the Web and could only find old or modified non official versions of the app. :(

tino

Banned
My cousin got a NextPad for his kids, but they don't have Google Play apps nor can you download anything from the website. The model is on the list of tablets that should have Google Play, but they don't and no amount of trouble shooting has been able to get me to figure it out. What do I do?

Have you tried to install googleplay.apk, what do you mean by "trouble shoot"?

Has anyone tried the backup server feature introduced in Rom Manager a few days ago? What it does is start up a basic http server on your device so that you can connect to it through your PC and download your backups. I tried it today and something was wrong because it couldn't download a single backup over wifi after 3+ hours. If anyone has Rom manager would you mind testing it out once? I think it might be a premium only feature though.

VanWinkle

I just subscribed to Rdio after being so unhappy with Music Unlimited, and the Android app is SO nice! Great design and everything works really well. I'm extremely happy with it.

can anyone recommend a weather widget which I can put on home screen which just displays weather details in text format?

I use zooper on my tablet but cannot use on phone as for some weird reason it causes my network to think I am tethering so I lose network access.

Top Bottom